+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

StructuralGuy

Dec 25, 2018
Hello everyone,
I am PR as of today . My journey has been very long and frustrating like everyone here so I understand the pain. My AOR is Aug 2018 and I received landing interview last week (1.5 years wow) . I was in comprehensive securing since Nov 2018.

Last but not the least, I would advise everyone to keep inquiring about their application status with CIC customer service. I am saying this because I have a CSIS letter dated Nov 21,2019 which states ‘Your Security Screening is still in progress’. So , I was assuming that my application will take few more months as it has not even cleared CSIS screening yet. But, I called Customer Support last week to check on the status of application and luckily I got a very polite agent. She said ‘I will send a reminder to the case officer as it’s been very long’ . Lucky me , at the end of day I got a Landing Interview letter from CIC. I think my file was processed long ago but ...... Anyways , I wish I had inquired about it long ago using web form as most agents on phone are not helpful . Lesson Learnt.

Aaron XIANG

Mar 2, 2018
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Montreal
Hello everyone,
I am PR as of today . My journey has been very long and frustrating like everyone here so I understand the pain. My AOR is Aug 2018 and I received landing interview last week (1.5 years wow) . I was in comprehensive securing since Nov 2018.

Last but not the least, I would advise everyone to keep inquiring about their application status with CIC customer service. I am saying this because I have a CSIS letter dated Nov 21,2019 which states ‘Your Security Screening is still in progress’. So , I was assuming that my application will take few more months as it has not even cleared CSIS screening yet. But, I called Customer Support last week to check on the status of application and luckily I got a very polite agent. She said ‘I will send a reminder to the case officer as it’s been very long’ . Lucky me , at the end of day I got a Landing Interview letter from CIC. I think my file was processed long ago but ...... Anyways , I wish I had inquired about it long ago using web form as most agents on phone are not helpful . Lesson Learnt.
Did you get any adr (additional documents request)? Or did u did a second physical exam?

Gardnerella

Dec 23, 2019
Hello everyone,

what is difference between web form and an email?
i m exactly in your situation ( 18 months ) , everytime i send them an email they say its in background check plus i contacted them vis MP also ....
did u receive ppr ?

Anna09

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Canada
Hello everyone,

Congratulations,
Thanks for sharing I’m Dec,2017 inland application and still undergoing security , do you think I should call CIC agent and ask them to send reminder to my case officer? Or I should request it by webform ? And if agent ask what kind of reminder what should I say? It’s been too long I’m going crazy waiting,
Thanks in advance

StructuralGuy

Dec 25, 2018
Congratulations,
Thanks for sharing I’m Dec,2017 inland application and still undergoing security , do you think I should call CIC agent and ask them to send reminder to my case officer? Or I should request it by webform ? And if agent ask what kind of reminder what should I say? It’s been too long I’m going crazy waiting,
Thanks in advance
If I were you , I would start by requesting notes from CSIS. Something might stick out when agent reviews your file and this might work out in your favour.
Also , try your luck with the Customer Support over phone . There is no harm in trying. I am not sure what kind of reminder you can say to send out . I would say ‘ if there is a way to remind or send notice to my case processing office as I suspect my application is approved but just collecting dust there’ . If it’s a nice enough agent , this will work.

Webform has been useless for me as they always send out generic response . Calling is a better option.

Anna09

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Canada
If I were you , I would start by requesting notes from CSIS. Something might stick out when agent reviews your file and this might work out in your favour.
Also , try your luck with the Customer Support over phone . There is no harm in trying. I am not sure what kind of reminder you can say to send out . I would say ‘ if there is a way to remind or send notice to my case processing office as I suspect my application is approved but just collecting dust there’ . If it’s a nice enough agent , this will work.

Webform has been useless for me as they always send out generic response . Calling is a better option.
Thanks for advise ,
I actually ordered CBSA note on December 10 2019 but didn’t received it yet , last webform Nov/2019 was saying the eligibility, criminality , medical was pass on my application , I also contact our local PM reply was very simple : security background checks still in process There is no timeline for this as they are waiting for a report from the home country. !! I don’t understand how long will take to get respond from home country 3 years ??! Also I’m inland application didn’t leave Canada in last 4 years !

ssa268

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Thanks for advise ,
I actually ordered CBSA note on December 10 2019 but didn’t received it yet , last webform Nov/2019 was saying the eligibility, criminality , medical was pass on my application , I also contact our local PM reply was very simple : security background checks still in process There is no timeline for this as they are waiting for a report from the home country. !! I don’t understand how long will take to get respond from home country 3 years ??! Also I’m inland application didn’t leave Canada in last 4 years !
May I ask what is your home country?
This is such a sad story. Good luck Anna.

ssa268

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Hi everyone,
I inquired about my case last week through Wenform and got a reply today.
It says, The background verifications are currently valid.
Do you have any idea of that? does that mean it is still in progress?
other than that, it is pretty generic, stating that we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application and so.....

BTW, I got NO ghost updates, but when I logged in the system, it says Application/profile updated, twice. Is it for the extension of my medical result (it is about the time for the medical result to expire)? or could it be the finish of my SS?

Thanks and good luck to everyone who is still waiting~

Shizzfooka

Oct 29, 2019
Hi everyone,
I inquired about my case last week through Wenform and got a reply today.
It says, The background verifications are currently valid.
Do you have any idea of that? does that mean it is still in progress?
other than that, it is pretty generic, stating that we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application and so.....

BTW, I got NO ghost updates, but when I logged in the system, it says Application/profile updated, twice. Is it for the extension of my medical result (it is about the time for the medical result to expire)? or could it be the finish of my SS?

Thanks and good luck to everyone who is still waiting~
Application updated is called a ghost update. BG checks are valid means SS is over and security has been passed. As for medical extension or remedical, you have yo check the medical status on your profile

Reactions: ssa268

ssa268

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Application updated is called a ghost update. BG checks are valid means SS is over and security has been passed. As for medical extension or remedical, you have yo check the medical status on your profile
Thank you so much! It means a lot, at least your answer made my day.
This is the best interpretation and the best news for me.

Keep my fingers crossed!

ssa268

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
I didn't know that the application/profile updated is the GU.
Today when I logged in the system, it changed back to submitted.
and within the application page, it says we are processing your background check.
The medical exam used to be passed on April 10th. but it changed to "you don't need .... we will give a notice if ...."
There used to be a last updated: medical passed on April... and it was gone. Just your case takes us longer to process etc.

Shizzfooka

Oct 29, 2019
I didn't know that the application/profile updated is the GU.
Today when I logged in the system, it changed back to submitted.
and within the application page, it says we are processing your background check.
The medical exam used to be passed on April 10th. but it changed to "you don't need .... we will give a notice if ...."
There used to be a last updated: medical passed on April... and it was gone. Just your case takes us longer to process etc.
You ll either get an extension or remedical request then

ssa268

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
You ll either get an extension or remedical request then
Got another GU today.

Latest update:
Review of medical results - January 22, 2020:You passed the medical exam.

Review of medical result changed into: January 22, 2020 You passed the medical exam.

I guess I got a medical extension....

Still waiting for PPR...
(Webform replied with The background verifications are currently valid)...

Fingers crossed....

Shizzfooka

Oct 29, 2019
Got another GU today.

Latest update:
Review of medical results - January 22, 2020:You passed the medical exam.

Review of medical result changed into: January 22, 2020 You passed the medical exam.

I guess I got a medical extension....

Still waiting for PPR...
(Webform replied with The background verifications are currently valid)...

Fingers crossed....
Dude just wait, you got an extension that means ppr is incoming! Hold on and congratulations!

Reactions: ssa268