+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

CaCal

Jul 9, 2019
Does the SS mostly involve Muslims?
I am an Indian and have a travel history to IRAQ twice for pilgrimage.
I wouldn't be surprised I get into SS?
Any opinions?

sheeponthetree

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Did you receive any ghost updates in the entire process? Esp. After your eligibility was passed.
I do not know when i passed eligibility, but I got 3 consecutive ghost updates AFTER medical passed and adr submitted and is in reviewing. I login, see profile updates, but nothing was changed after clicked in.

I believe it is for eligibility, criminal and security, respectively, since I got no updates before ADR and MR

Last edited:

sheeponthetree

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Anyone know if ALL applicants files will be sent to CBSA for normal security check? Or ONLY people in Screening will be sent to CBSA ?

Last edited:

CaCal

Jul 9, 2019
I do not know when i passed eligibility, but I got 3 consecutive ghost updates AFTER medical passed and adr submitted and is in reviewing. I login, see profile updates, but nothing was changed after clicked in.

I believe it is for eligibility, criminal and security, respectively, since I got no updates before ADR and MR
Oh great. I dont understand if you got update for security, why the SS? Did u get update for entering SS?

sheeponthetree

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Oh great. I dont understand if you got update for security, why the SS? Did u get update for entering SS?
I ordered notes, but not yet get it.

But my friends in same office got PPR just 1 week after MP and ADR (same day as me), but for me, it has passed 1 month and half since those GUs , I still get nothing !

When I call CIC, they said security initiated and after a week, they said security is in process and is transferred to CBSA... Not sure if all people's file will be sent to CBSA even for normal security check ? or just for people in SS ? (on optimistic thoughts, my friends may got security check finished by CBSA before ADR and MR)

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Does the SS mostly involve Muslims?
I am an Indian and have a travel history to IRAQ twice for pilgrimage.
I wouldn't be surprised I get into SS?
Any opinions?
I asked this question before since I'm Russian and I saw a few Russians on immigration trackers with above normal processing times, suggesting a security check.
To your point, I think it's more or less random, although certain religions, nationalities, etc, have a somewhat higher probability.
I have a friend from a Muslim country with a complex backstory and he breezed through the Express Entry. Let's hope for the best and let God do the rest.

CaCal

Jul 9, 2019
I asked this question before since I'm Russian and I saw a few Russians on immigration trackers with above normal processing times, suggesting a security check.
To your point, I think it's more or less random, although certain religions, nationalities, etc, have a somewhat higher probability.
I have a friend from a Muslim country with a complex backstory and he breezed through the Express Entry. Let's hope for the best and let God do the rest.
Thanks, I guess I have to wait and watch. I pray to God, be kind.

Last edited:
Reactions: sheeponthetree