+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

sheeponthetree

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
In my case they put us under CSS at once I passed the eligibility and criminality.

37 days, just a week longer than GCMS notes.

Don't now how med extension is indicated, in general, this means your old med exam expired and they didn't finish all security checkings. There should be a new request after completion.
So you have not yet pass SS right ?

sheeponthetree

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Can someone tell me :

If CIC send our file to CBSA, does it mean that must be Comprehensive Security Screening which will last for at least half year ?

OR

Everyone will be sent to CBSA to process, and only a few selected will be SS ?

ghost023

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
can someone tell me :

If CIC send our file to CBSA it means it must be Comprehensive Security Screening which will last for at least half year ?

OR

Everyone will be sent to CBSA to process, and only a few selected will be SS ?
Everyone needs to be undergone Security check by CBSA. But it doesn't mean that every case has to be under security screening. It could be SS if they find any trigger they think to be sensitive from your case. This is my understanding, please correct if any misunderstanding.

sheeponthetree

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
To clarify,

Everyone goes through 'Security Screening'.

But not everyone is put under 'Comprehensive Security Screening'.
Thank you for your reply

Do you know how long is the normal security screening ? does IRCC send everyone's file to CBSA to process this ? I see some people, their security check changed from not started to completed immediately... but for me I see security check initiated ... and now in process. does it mean I must be in comprehensive one now ?

for now, however, I am waiting for my notes. will update after I received it

sheeponthetree

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Everyone needs to be undergone Security check by CBSA. But it doesn't mean that every case has to be under security screening. It could be SS if they find any trigger they think to be sensitive from your case. This is my understanding, please correct if any misunderstanding.
Thanks for the reply

Do you know how long is the normal security screening ? It's been almost 1.5 months for me now... I suspect it is the comprehensive one now

ghost023

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Thanks for the reply

Do you know how long is the normal security screening ? It's been almost 1.5 months for me now... I suspect it is the comprehensive one now
I know that some people got their SS done within 3 months length, but I also know that some other people took more than 1 year. It really depends on the case. I was told by CIC call agent that the time to get it done is actually dependent on how easily CBSA's partners can get our background information verified and cleaned. The normal length of time would be 3-12 month, and I see most of cases are done about 6-10months. Mine is almost 10 months since it's been sent to CBSA for SS. What we can do is just to keep our hope alive!:(

Last edited:

sheeponthetree

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
I know that some people got their SS done within 3 months length, but I also know that some other people took more than 1 year. It really depends on the case. I was told by CIC call agent that the time to get it done is actually dependent on how easily CBSA's partners can get our background information verified and cleaned. The normal length of time would be 3-12 month, and I see most of cases are done about 6-10months. Mine is almost 10 months since it's been sent to CBSA for SS. What we can do is just to keep our hope alive!:(
this is crazy...

IRCC processed my file for 18 months, and now they send it to CBSA for SS... why not sent it earlier ...

as note shows, they did nothing to my application in previous 17months... NO MR or ADR... nothing at all after AOR ... the only thing shown on notes is criminality in process... . any other is just not started !!

Last edited:

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
Full timeline:
Aor Sept 1 2018
Mep & Bil Sept 25
Bio com Sept 26
Rprf request Oct 16
Rprf paid Oct 18
Reviewing adr Oct 19
Adr NA Nov 13
SS started Nov 13th
Silence into 2019
July 27th 2019(dated 26th) Re Med request (SS ended).
Remedicals done Aug 8th 2019
Uploaded by clinic Aug 9th 2019
Medical passed Aug 12th 2019
PPR Aug 13th, 2019

VO Ottawa.

Found out I was in SS from GCMS notes and Ralph email confirmation.

Hang in there guys it will come. Will most likely not be that active on here anymore. Packing to Canada!!! YAAAAY!

Reactions: Axwell and seantung

ghost023

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Full timeline:
Aor Sept 1 2018
Mep & Bil Sept 25
Bio com Sept 26
Rprf request Oct 16
Rprf paid Oct 18
Reviewing adr Oct 19
Adr NA Nov 13
SS started Nov 13th
Silence into 2019
PPR Aug 13th, 2019

VO Ottawa.

Hang in there guys it will come. Will most likely not be that active on here anymore. Packing to Canada!!! YAAAAY!
Congrats again... A question: which email address did you send to Ralph? I found different addresses for his office. Thank you.

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Full timeline:
Aor Sept 1 2018
Mep & Bil Sept 25
Bio com Sept 26
Rprf request Oct 16
Rprf paid Oct 18
Reviewing adr Oct 19
Adr NA Nov 13
SS started Nov 13th
Silence into 2019
PPR Aug 13th, 2019

VO Ottawa.

Congrats!!! Your nationality and country of origin please?

Also how many people were under SS pls share..

Last edited: