+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Your logic does not hold true for Inland applicants . Because when Work Permit expires , we can apply for Bridge Work Permit and then the onus of responsibility is on CIC to make decision asap as they can not tell you to leave Canada without finalizing application . So relax and max they can delay is till the expiry of Bridge Work Permit.

Also, if you are looking for legal help , you need a good immigration lawyer not a consultant. My brother hired one from Edmonton after 1.5 year because everything was done. Literally, within a month of lawyers legal notice to CIC , my brother received his landing letter.
But , lawyer returned the flat rate $5000 fee saying he did not have to do anything for him and CIC was just being lazy.
I am not an inland applicant so i dont know what you are talking about.

Consultant laywer whtever u want to to do upto you, all i am trying to say that some sort of action needs to be taken from ur side if the application is taking too long. That is the point, which you seem to be missing and its going over ur head.

By giving example of ur brother u r further proving my point, u can see clearly in ur brother's case how lazy CIC is. IT is simple proof no need question it further and like this, it happens to so many countless application where CIC just performs lazily whereas the applicant keeps waiting eagerly on the other end. How ur brother got ppr? its because the lawyer's legal notice gauged the progress!!!! They are lazy, they will make u wait forever, they dont care, we need to take action, that is all. Very simple.

Reactions: Eugene12

roomurler

Mar 29, 2019
SS started on 5 feb
ghost update 22 july
called ircc they confirm SS PASSED
Remedical request 23 July
exactly 5 monhs and a half under SS
Congratulations! Thanks for the update and happy for you.
Mine started at the end of April hope I can get the result within this year.

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
Well I'm happy to announce that I just received Re Med request. No ghost updates, just an email to check my profile. And there the request was sitting happily. And if you are like me, you know this is a mini PPR!!! Yaaay :D:D

8 months and 2 weeks of SS.

Reactions: Axwell and annevn8

StructuralGuy

Dec 25, 2018
I am not an inland applicant so i dont know what you are talking about.

Consultant laywer whtever u want to to do upto you, all i am trying to say that some sort of action needs to be taken from ur side if the application is taking too long. That is the point, which you seem to be missing and its going over ur head.

By giving example of ur brother u r further proving my point, u can see clearly in ur brother's case how lazy CIC is. IT is simple proof no need question it further and like this, it happens to so many countless application where CIC just performs lazily whereas the applicant keeps waiting eagerly on the other end. How ur brother got ppr? its because the lawyer's legal notice gauged the progress!!!! They are lazy, they will make u wait forever, they dont care, we need to take action, that is all. Very simple.
There is no doubt they are lazy . Yes, lawyer notice put cic under pressure . But , what I meant to say is one should be waiting minimum 1.5 year and then take action .Plus, on top good lawyer costs money . That's my personal opinion considering in fact how long it took to get PR for my other friends who were inland too .

ghost023

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Just logined into my CIC account and noticed the update, but nothing changed when I click into my application. Also, didn't receive email for the update. I wonder if that means anything? Was it a so-called ghost update? Thanks.

annevn8

Aug 2, 2017
Just logined into my CIC account and noticed the update, but nothing changed when I click into my application. Also, didn't receive email for the update. I wonder if that means anything? Was it a so-called ghost update? Thanks.
It means there is an update. Could be ss completed. Or medical extended. Or remed request soon to arrive... or direct PPR. Anyway, congratulations first !

Reactions: ghost023

DGS

Jan 28, 2019
Hello,

AOR 7th aug 2018,
Almost 1 year now, no msg no update. Got GsCm notes in March and found out to be review required for job duties. Proactively submitted the required documents. No update now also.

After mailing, received the reply.
Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Also called the agent said, the officer needs extra time.

I’m completely confused at this stage. What does this even means!
Does this means security screening by any chance? It wasn’t mentioned in the notes in March. So what happened now. What to do other than waiting. Please guide.