+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

Axwell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
What is the general timeline for those in SS..as per the latest trend
6 months?
8 months ?
11 months ?

i checked few old threads on this forum and found it was 11 months..this was in 2017..

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
Can u plz tell me, if agents can tell us about our security status? If it is in ss?
They can neither tell you about your security checks nor provide you with any king of timeline. Security checks are done by CBSA, so IRCC agents can't access any security-related information. The only thing they can tell you is if your security is not started, ongoing or passed.

Reactions: Axwell

Priya0227

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2019
They can neither tell you about your security checks nor provide you with any king of timeline. Security checks are done by CBSA, so IRCC agents can't access any security-related information. The only thing they can tell you is if your security is not started, ongoing or passed.
I have never ordered notes. I called on 2 July. Everything passed. But the agent said, security in progress for dependant , and for me ( principal applicant) security has not started......
What should I understand from this.....

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
I have never ordered notes. I called on 2 July. Everything passed. But the agent said, security in progress for dependant , and for me ( principal applicant) security has not started......
What should I understand from this.....
If security is not started or ongoing, "everything" can't be passed :)

CBSA processes security checks for all applicants. When it comes to comprehensive SS, sometimes only one of applicants can be sent to it, sometimes both.

Priya0227

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2019
If security is not started or ongoing, "everything" can't be passed :)

CBSA processes security checks for all applicants. When it comes to comprehensive SS, sometimes only one of applicants can be sent to it, sometimes both.
What I meant was everything except security passed

Priya0227

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2019
It's ok as security is the last stage. The thing is that for some people it takes a couple of days, for others - a couple of years.
When I spoke to agent on the phone, he said its nothing to worry..... Ottawa has its own way of working, so it is taking time. He also said I should surely be able to hear some good news by the end of this month. I checked many forums and ircc website........ It said security takes 1-3 months normally. For those whose security clears in few days..... It's just that the security might have started but not updated......

So let's not panic not depress by thinking that it is comprehensive security screening. It's just normal time.
And if other things are passed....... It's very very rare to get a Rejection . So let's motivate all those still stuck in security checks...... Be happy that just the last element on ur file is left...... Sooner or later u should get ppr.
All the best to all :)