+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

Pris

May 11, 2018
Ignore the agent. Your SS is complete. Those agents, depending on who you speak to might not know where to look. As far as trends have shown, if one has been in SS and gets ghost update, SS is complete. You just have to wait for an officer to come round to review and initiate re-med request.
But it cannot be considered as a ghost update since the medical status has changed. Ghost update means that all infos remain the same even though it says profile updated.
I think it is a good sign though

tottiren

Mar 21, 2018
Beijing
Category........
PNP
Has anyone been under SS for longer than 12 months, it is likely now? I have been under it for more than 8 months, anybody in the same boat?

TashaZH

May 3, 2018
Hello everyone and @legalfalcon . I am an inland applicant. I was in security screening since last Aug, and 2 days ago (May 2nd) I received a ghost update, and my Medical status changed from "Medical Passed" to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.". I thought that is an indication that my security was cleared and medical was automatically extended. However when I called CIC, the agent told me nothing has changed, and security is still in progress :(

Does anyone know if a medical extension is only initiated when everything(eligibility, criminality, security) is passed and waiting for final decision? Or anyone whose medical expired will be automatically extended?

Timeline:
AOR 16/06/2018
IP2 07/08/2018
Ghost Update #1 12/08/2018
Ghost Update #2 13/08/2018
SS 14/08/2018
Ghost Update #3 02/05/2019
When we had the first ghost update on 18.04., the agent also said nothing had changed. But after the second ghost update on 29.04. they said SS was complete. The medical status remains the same: You passed the medical exam.

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
When you say longer, how much longer do you mean? Its been 8 months, how much longer should I expect?
No one really knows. We all go by previous cases. I've seen them usually take up 18 months, worst case.
But normal timeline for folks without biometrics has been seen to be 12 months at MOST. That's not saying yours will, every application is different.
I too gave biometrics and my SS started Nov 14, 2018. And I'm still waiting. Seeing folks SS started after my date getting PPR. There's nothing I can do except hold on and have faith. :)

inyourheart

May 3, 2019
But it cannot be considered as a ghost update since the medical status has changed. Ghost update means that all infos remain the same even though it says profile updated.
I think it is a good sign though
I think you are right. It might be just an update about my medical extension...
Is it the case that anyone whose medical expired will get e medical extension or a re-medical request even when their SS is still in progress?

Cherry01

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Is there anyone who got their re-med done ? Just wanted to know tht in case anyone did do we have to submit anything online or the med ppl send themselves and how long does it take to update the status after re-med?
@legalfalcon

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
I think you are right. It might be just an update about my medical extension...
Is it the case that anyone whose medical expired will get e medical extension or a re-medical request even when their SS is still in progress?
I really doubt they would be asking one to redo medicals if their SS was not complete. Say you submit new medicals now, and there's still another 6 months left for SS to be complete, what so they'll ask for a third remeds? It doesn't make any sense. If SS is still in progress, you won't get anything on your profile until complete.
In other words, your SS is complete. Take my words to the bank :D

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
Is there anyone who got their re-med done ? Just wanted to know tht in case anyone did do we have to submit anything online or the med ppl send themselves and how long does it take to update the status after re-med?
@legalfalcon
From trend a place holder is created for you to submit proof of re meds. Just like when you got AOR. Then it usually takes anywhere from 2 weeks to 4 weeks to get PPR after you pass re-meds. From trends.