+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
What's the time constraint of knowing whether one is in SS or not? After how many days or months it is safe to assume that one is under comprehensive SS? My background check started on 25th Feb, 2019, and Security is still ongoing. On the other hand my Medicals, Eligibility and Criminality is all Passed.

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
What's the time constraint of knowing whether one is in SS or not? After how many days or months it is safe to assume that one is under comprehensive SS? My background check started on 25th Feb, 2019, and Security is still ongoing. On the other hand my Medicals, Eligibility and Criminality is all Passed.
There is no time constraint, for 20% cases comprehensive security screening is carried out when their eligibility is passed. In normal scenario if there is no objection on your eligibility it takes approx 4-6 months. Some people go into ss the day eligibilty is passes and some people get ppr in the next few days. However some people are stuck in eligibilty for like 9-12 months.

Cherry01

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Hey everyone,
I have just received my cbsa notes and all my husband's info are blanked (he is the one under Security Screening, not me). I am the main applicants and I have sent the signed consent form from both of us.
Any idea what has happened?
Thank you
Since when is ur husband under security screening ? My case is similar. I found out from gcms notes tht my husband is under security screening. Is it useful to order cbsa notes ?

Aziz123

Oct 8, 2018
There is no time constraint, for 20% cases comprehensive security screening is carried out when their eligibility is passed. In normal scenario if there is no objection on your eligibility it takes approx 4-6 months. Some people go into ss the day eligibilty is passes and some people get ppr in the next few days. However some people are stuck in eligibilty for like 9-12 months.
Hi, My parents eligibilty nd crminilty nd medical pass nd valid untill december 2, 2019
but my parents medical expired in 23 March 2019.
and my parents security initiated in june 2018 still its in process so we are round 10 months in security verifications..?? u think in which stage my application is or is it in SS ?? pls any one can help me ?

Reactions: Smmm

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi, My parents eligibilty nd crminilty nd medical pass nd valid untill december 2, 2019
and my parents security initiated in june 2018 still its in process so we are round 10 months in security verifications..?? u think in which stage my application is or is it in SS ?? pls any one can help me ?
Did ur parents give biometrics?

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
Most probably the security might be done now and final review might be on cards, However you never know what kind of security checks are initiated by CBSA. You have to order CBSA notes to figure that out.

Aziz123

Oct 8, 2018
Most probably the security might be done now and final review might be on cards, However you never know what kind of security checks are initiated by CBSA. You have to order CBSA notes to figure that out.
should i order CBSA notes or CSIS who will do security verification ? im confused

iasyed72

Jul 25, 2015
Dear All,

My AOR is 12th Sep 2018, MEP Cleared on 9th Oct 2018, IP1 on 10th Oct 2018

Ordered GCMS on 4th Jan 2019, Received on 29th Jan 2019
Eligibility: Recommended Passed
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Not Started
Info Sharing: Complete

Got Ghost Update / ADR Letter on 19th Feb 2019: They requested Supplementary Information Request for Students (SIRS) Form along with Resume. I really don't understand why they requested SIRS since I have not applied for student visa nor I am currently studying.

Also Background status changed to IP2 ( We are processing your background.......) on 19th Feb 2019

Uploaded the Additional documents on 21st Feb 2019, status as of now is " Not Applicable"

Called them on 18th March, agent told the below:
Eligibility: Still reviewing whether you meet the eligibility
Security: Background verification's are currently in process
Criminality: Completed

With the above timeline, am I under Security Screening?

Planning to order GCMS notes after easter holidays!!

Thanks in advance.
Regards

Cherry01

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Dear All,

Got Ghost Update / ADR Letter on 19th Feb 2019: They requested Supplementary Information Request for Students (SIRS) Form along with Resume. I really don't understand why they requested SIRS since I have not applied for student visa nor I am currently studying.

Also Background status changed to IP2 ( We are processing your background.......) on 19th Feb 2019

Uploaded the Additional documents on 21st Feb 2019, status as of now is " Not Applicable"

Thanks in advance.
Regards
I dont think so. You can order gcms notes but if u dont receive ppr till 1 month then can assume maybe u are in security screening. But its possible you are not in SS

Pris

May 11, 2018
Since when is ur husband under security screening ? My case is similar. I found out from gcms notes tht my husband is under security screening. Is it useful to order cbsa notes ?
I am not sure since all his info are retracted in the CBSA notes, every single info related to him is blanked. Getgcms told me that in certain cases it happens, even though he signed the consent form too. Somewhere I saw security started on the 12th of December 2018 so I suppose this is when it really started (I wish it started earlier...).

Have you called IRCC and asked when did your security start? I called them before ordering CBSA and they told me it is ongoing since mid December, this is how I knew that me and/or my husband was under SS then I saw in GCMS notes that his info were retracted with s.15 note on the top right corner. Is it the case for your husband too?

Cherry01

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
I am not sure since all his info are retracted in the CBSA notes, every single info related to him is blanked. Getgcms told me that in certain cases it happens, even though he signed the consent form too. Somewhere I saw security started on the 12th of December 2018 so I suppose this is when it really started (I wish it started earlier...).

Have you called IRCC and asked when did your security start? I called them before ordering CBSA and they told me it is ongoing since mid December, this is how I knew that me and/or my husband was under SS then I saw in GCMS notes that his info were retracted with s.15 note on the top right corner. Is it the case for your husband too?
In my gcms notes it stated in this section .15 tht type of security for husband security screening and it was written comprehensive in front of it. Also it was written updated on 14th Nov. Then it said 1 person selected for comprehensive security screening. For myself it was blank and nothing was written. So i assumed tht he was under security screening. I have raised a web form but havent gotten a reply. What was your AOR

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
Dear All,

Thanks in advance.
Regards
I strongly believe your eligibility is not cleared yet.