+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
I meant inside the cd or in the paper letter?
What do u mean cd or paper letter. I got my cbsa notes thru getgcms and in those notes was it written “ Comprehensive Security Screening” <on front of it> “Normal Priority”

Smmm

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
What do u mean cd or paper letter. I got my cbsa notes thru getgcms and in those notes was it written “ Comprehensive Security Screening” <on front of it> “Normal Priority”
Could u plz make a screen shot of this part to search about it in my notes?

Therisaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
In Canada
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
Thank you. And stay strong mate, it'll come through soon.
Thanks, I will. Someone told me to try and get a lawyer to check it out. Do you think that would help or I should just wait?

Therisaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
In Canada
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
What is that you need a lawyer for ?
They say because I applied since May 5, 2017, and still haven't received it yet. I also applied to see the GC notes on my account from May 2018 and still haven't received them. They say a lawyer can help. But the Mp called and they just keep telling us to wait. I don't want to pay a lawyer and then that's all they hear too. Do you know if the lawyers can do anything else to help?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
They say because I applied since May 5, 2017, and still haven't received it yet. I also applied to see the GC notes on my account from May 2018 and still haven't received them. They say a lawyer can help. But the Mp called and they just keep telling us to wait. I don't want to pay a lawyer and then that's all they hear too. Do you know if the lawyers can do anything else to help?
Sorry to hear that you are waiting for so long.
I would advise you to call up IRCC call centre and discuss with an agent regarding you application first.m incase you have not done so

You need to have patience(that's the most important thing) because you may have to call multiple times. You need to have your Application#, UCI#(they may ask for additional verification) handy.

Client Support Centre agents - MondaytoFriday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.(EST) except forstatutory holidays. Services are available inFrench and English.

If you are calling from Outside of Canadayoucan use Google Hangout/Skype. Check the tipon how to call from outsideCanada:https://www.immigroup.com/news/how-call-citizenship-and-immigration-canada-outside-canada

If you are living in Canada you can order GCMS notes from: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/(this service is free) or use getgcms.com to order your notes if you areoutside of Canada(this requires some payment).

During your call you should ask thefollowingquestions:

- Status of your Eligibility - Passed or Met or Review Required ?
- Status of your Criminality - Passed or ongoing ?
- Status of your background or security check -Passed or Not Started or Ongoing ?

Answer to these will help you determine what’s going on with your application.

Don’t waste your hard earned money just yet on lawyers...

Therisaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
In Canada
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
Sorry to hear that you are waiting for so long.
I would advise you to call up IRCC call centre and discuss with an agent regarding you application first.m incase you have not done so

You need to have patience(that's the most important thing) because you may have to call multiple times. You need to have your Application#, UCI#(they may ask for additional verification) handy.

Client Support Centre agents - MondaytoFriday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.(EST) except forstatutory holidays. Services are available inFrench and English.

If you are calling from Outside of Canadayoucan use Google Hangout/Skype. Check the tipon how to call from outsideCanada:https://www.immigroup.com/news/how-call-citizenship-and-immigration-canada-outside-canada

If you are living in Canada you can order GCMS notes from: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/(this service is free) or use getgcms.com to order your notes if you areoutside of Canada(this requires some payment).

During your call you should ask thefollowingquestions:

- Status of your Eligibility - Passed or Met or Review Required ?
- Status of your Criminality - Passed or ongoing ?
- Status of your background or security check -Passed or Not Started or Ongoing ?

Answer to these will help you determine what’s going on with your application.

Don’t waste your hard earned money just yet on lawyers...

Thanks very much for your detailed response. I agree with you. I’m cautious about spending money on a lawyer to here the same results. Before knowing that I could request the gc notes myself I spoke with a lawyer and he mentioned that he could request for me for $500 and it was only after that conversation I googled it and realized that I could request them for myself for$5. They are just too expensive unnecessarily.

I did almost all the things you mentioned about. I’ve called CIC contact center multiple times, I now have a MP helping me call them monthly ( he gets more information than I get when I call the center. I ordered the notes from last year and still haven’t received it. The MP said he will email the Canada immigration office about my delay and get back to me in 2 weeks (hopefully that helps), he will also look into why I haven’t received the gc notes yet. Fingers crossed I will get some good news soon.

The cic call center always just tell me it’s in progress and I just have to wait. However, the MP said they told him that my eligibility is passed and they are doing criminality check now and security hasn’t started yet- but this is from last year i’m stuck in that stage. It’s still way more information than what I get from the call center.

A few weeks ago I call the call center and the agent told me she can’t see my file because it wasn’t done in Canada it’s in the Jamaica office.so I couldn’t ask any question. I wish I knew the questions you post above to ask. It’s strange because I applied in Canada and I’ve been here for the past 5 years. So I do t know why she thinks I applied in Jamaica. However, once it was in Trinidad and they told the MP they share workload with others- but i’m surprised the agents can’t see it if it’s in another country. I thought it would still be online.

Anyway, I will just wait to hear from the MP and be patient. Thanks again

qwertas

Dec 16, 2018
Initiated means the CIC submits a request to CBSA.. The CBSA acknowledges it and they starts processing BG check. thats when its started by cbsa
Thanks. Can CBSA notes show when the screening started by CBSA? I found the date when CIC sent my file to CBSA, but haven't found the date the screening was started by CBSA

Manob75

Apr 2, 2016
Bangladesh
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Nomination.....
29-06-2016
AOR Received.
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2017
Med's Request
13-02-2019
Med's Done....
03-03-2019
Any suggestion or prediction please...

AOR: 06/01/2017
Eligibility+Criminality pass:11/12/2017
SS initiated: 12/12/2017
SS started:05/02/2018
Med and RPRF request: 13/02/2019
RPRF paid: 16/02/2019
Medical Completed: 03/03/2019
Medical Received: 09/03/2019

Tired of waiting. MPNP candidate with military background.

Any comment please..