+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thanks a lot. Yes I'm awaiting GCMS notes by next week from Gcmsbuddy. Is there anything I should be looking out for in the notes to confirm SS?
If it's SS, then I'll order CBSA notes.
On the gcms notes look at
Page 2 - Security (Started or blank)
ACTIVITY section usually around the page 150 or so mark(if you have 200 pages in gcms notes) look for ACTIVITY 1-5
If Activity 1-3 (or 4) is blank followed by activity 4 (or 5) as Security then it’s likely SS

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
ACTIVITY section usually around the page 150 or so mark(if you have 200 pages in gcms notes) look for ACTIVITY 1-5
If Activity 1-3 (or 4) is blank followed by activity 4 (or 5) as Security then it’s likely SS
Thanks for this. Screenshot for reference. Congratulations again.

naaz12

Mar 11, 2012
india
Doc's Request.
not yet..
AOR Received.
4 April 2018
LANDED..........
by gods grace will be there...
A
Admisibility section would be blank too ,Other thing could be s(16). Or s(15) on top of few pages.

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
So I received the notes today. And yes my fears are confirmed. I'm in SS. Anyway in a way this is a relief lol. On the sense that I can get on with my life till whenever they're done. Thanks again

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I can't tell when SS started. Could you please let me know how to fond the date? Because the created by dates are blank.
CBSA notes will provide you this detail in the ADMISSIBILITY section
That date would be around the time your eligibility was passed

Last edited:

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
CBSA notes will provide you this detail in the ADMISSIBILITY section
That date would be around the time your eligibility was passed
I'll order CBSA notes. I have a feeling it started November 13th 2018 because that was my first and only ghost update till date. Thanks a lot for your help.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I'll order CBSA notes. I have a feeling it started November 13th 2018 because that was my first and only ghost update till date. Thanks a lot for your help.
I would suggest you to wait before you order the CBSA notes. Order them after 2-3 months from today...
Since you are in SS as you got the hint from gcms notes and you mentioned you got the ghost update on 13 Nov’18. There is no point ordering the CBSA notes so quickly.

qwertas

Dec 16, 2018
I would suggest you to wait before you order the CBSA notes. Order them after 2-3 months from today...
Since you are in SS as you got the hint from gcms notes and you mentioned you got the ghost update on 13 Nov’18. There is no point ordering the CBSA notes so quickly.
bimale4bipeople, do you know by any chance what 7 activities mean? 6 blank activities followed by the 7th saying Security? I guess I'm in SS since everything else passed, only security pending.
Does 7 security activities mean they finished their involvement?
Waiting for CBSA notes for 1.5 months

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
Ok I'll hold off. Thanks

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
.........FINALLY............
Received the request for an interview for PR confirmation and guess what on valentines day :D
Wow! So happy to hear that!!!
Hehehe...a special day indeed the Canadian authorities chose to interview you :p But really, am so glad you got your PPR - I have been following your case and it seems so unfair for someone living and working in Canada to be placed in SS for so long!!! Well deserved break and on a very auspicious day indeed :D

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
bimale4bipeople, do you know by any chance what 7 activities mean? 6 blank activities followed by the 7th saying Security? I guess I'm in SS since everything else passed, only security pending.
Do let us know when your cbsa notes arrive . I too m in ss since nov 1. That’s when I had my ghost update. Since then it’s a complete silence. Csis document dated on 15 Jan 19 confirmed that ss is in progress. Waiting anxiously for my gcms and cbsa

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Wow! So happy to hear that!!!
Hehehe...a special day indeed the Canadian authorities chose to interview you :p But really, am so glad you got your PPR - I have been following your case and it seems so unfair for someone living and working in Canada to be placed in SS for so long!!! Well deserved break and on a very auspicious day indeed :D
I think they got inspired by the movie...

Thx you for the wishes I hope your application is also completed ASAP

Last edited:
Reactions: Nishika22

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I dont think they provide any details that your security has bee completed on the GCMS notes. My ss was completed in Dec(confirmed by IRCC call center agent, they did not have info which date was the security completed), the CBSA notes i got on 28 Dec still mention 5 activities related to SS and 6th one was security
I have heard only 5 blank activities till now in GCMS notes. Maybe this 6th one is something related to info-sharing(but i maybe wrong)