+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

Cana-Pak

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
so..... got my re-med request on the 4th January, 2019. Waited an entire year for security screening to get done with. Went through my re-meds on the 10th of January. Hope it's smooth sailing from here on.

Swordwater

Feb 20, 2018
Hi,

I’ve been following this thread for quite sometime now and i learned a lot by reading the comments. My file is under SS since April 4, 2017, so 9 months in SS. I ordered CBSA notes yesterday, hopefully will receive it next month.

AOR: July 17, 2017
Eligibility & Criminality: Passed
Medical: Extended till March 19,2019
SS (spouse): April 4, 2018
SS (mine): not started

all these details were given by ralph goodale on October 12,2018. I emailed his office again last month but i just got a generic response.

Still hoping for the best!
Medicals extension? When did you do it originally?

erridja100

Jul 13, 2017
Hello there,
May I know what is the average waiting time between remed and ppr issuance.
SS started in May, 2018
Remed request in Dec 17, 2018.
Remed done the next day
Remed passed Dec 21, 2018, I'm still waiting for the golden mail.
The remed request email stated that remed must be done withing 30 days after receiving the notice.
Thank you in advance,

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Dear @legalfalcon

What is IRPA selection criteria as mentioned in my gcms( above notes 5) on the first page

https://ibb.co/PwbYgcN

As far as I know IRPA means immigration and refugee protection act but they have mentioned as if it is Fsw selection criteria

Aziz123

Oct 8, 2018
Hi, pls someone could tell me that what they checks by outside agencies ? recived this email from NDVO

In this context, certain background investigations are being conducted in connection with your application. As these investigations are conducted by outside agencies, we have no purview over the processing time. We are therefore unable to give an exact time frame in which we expect to conclude the verifications on this case.

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, pls someone could tell me that what they checks by outside agencies ? recived this email from NDVO

In this context, certain background investigations are being conducted in connection with your application. As these investigations are conducted by outside agencies, we have no purview over the processing time. We are therefore unable to give an exact time frame in which we expect to conclude the verifications on this case.
They will check everything ranging from links to organized crime, banned organizations to even matching your name to any inadmissible person's list. This is probably the most enhanced background check that you can ever imagine.

Aziz123

Oct 8, 2018
They will check everything ranging from links to organized crime, banned organizations to even matching your name to any inadmissible person's list. This is probably the most enhanced background check that you can ever imagine.
So u mean that my application is under security sceerning ? am i right.
And usually how long it will take for parents application ?

Last edited:

naaz12

Mar 11, 2012
india
Doc's Request.
not yet..
AOR Received.
4 April 2018
LANDED..........
by gods grace will be there...
so..... got my re-med request on the 4th January, 2019. Waited an entire year for security screening to get done with. Went through my re-meds on the 10th of January. Hope it's smooth sailing from here on.
Hlo @Cana-Pak ,Any progress??I am also in same situation like you,My Aor is 6 April and My Ss completed on 21 Dec ,Remedicals request on 3 Jan and did remedicals on same day and passed on 7 jan 19 and got a ghost update on 12 jan ,I am still waiting eagerly for PPR,I called Ircc on 11 Jan and they told me that your file has been approved and wait patiently.
Any idea Guys,What I can do and how much time it will take to get PPR.?
Thanks and regards