+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Guys, this is not a generalization but it may help others who are trying to immigrate to Canada by having a higher probability of not going in security screening. Please keep in mind that I am saying "probability" after looking at a number of applications from my friends and family circle. This also relates to many of the Pakistanis who are on this forum. If anyone wants to copy this text to another thread, they are more than welcome to do it.

For Pakistanis:
1. I have seen a number of applications who applied from Pakistan, without provincial nomination, who got their COPR within the six month period. So first point to consider here is that going for provincial nomination, especially for Pakistanis, may cause your application to go in security screening. The reasoning behind this is only known to CIC. But here is the interesting fact. All those who had British Columbia Nomination got their COPR within 180 days. The only issue is with Ontario Nomination.

2. All Pakistanis, who apply from Middle Eastern countries also have a bright chance of avoiding the security screening as per CIC, those regions are much more secured areas. I am not talking about Iraq, Iran or Syria here. The general trend is getting COPR within 3-4 months after you submitted your application.

3. Pakistanis who are applying from Canada and don't have Canadian experience and applied on the basis on FSW, may have a higher chance of avoiding security screening also.

Therefore, Pakistanis need to be very careful of getting a provincial nomination from Ontario. Although this give you 600 points, but it may have its side effects also. There may be a higher probability of getting into security screening.

But that being said, every application is different. There may a number of reasons behind falling into the death trap of security screening. I have posted my experience with security screening. I too was an OINP nominee got stuck in security screening as detailed in my signature. To avoid this process, you may want to consider other routes or increase your CRS.
Raza sb did you get your gcms notes which ordered

HassanH

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
I know SS takes about 9-12 months to finish. I confirmed from notes and emails to local MP that my security screening started on September 22, 2017. I still haven't received PPR.
Criminality and Eligibility are passed, meds are extended till April 24, 2019.

Any idea when should I expect one?
My AOR is August 25, it's been around 14 months since AOR, and 13 months since SS. I'm beginning to loose patience tbh..

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I know SS takes about 9-12 months to finish. I confirmed from notes and emails to local MP that my security screening started on September 22, 2017. I still haven't received PPR.
Criminality and Eligibility are passed, meds are extended till April 24, 2019.

Any idea when should I expect one?
My AOR is August 25, it's been around 14 months since AOR, and 13 months since SS. I'm beginning to loose patience tbh..
Hassan, your PPR request is just around the corner, your should hopefully get it soon...

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
That's always nice to hear, what makes you so sure though? I'm curious since I've been hearing that sentence since I neared the 6 month mark after AOR!
I made the remark because you have crossed the 9-12 month mark being in the SS phase...
Have you recently raised any CBSA or GCMS request ?

HassanH

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
I made the remark because you have crossed the 9-12 month mark being in the SS phase...
Have you recently raised any CBSA or GCMS request ?
I never ordered CBSA, and GCMS the last set I ordered was in April. But I confirmed a week ago from an email to the MP's office that everything is passed pending security checks initiated on September 22nd, 2017. Still waiting since then..

Oct 7, 2018
Karachi Pk
Pheww.. thank God I found someone from khi... i have sooo many quries just for the degree verification phase..

I wanted to know, if i have done MBA do I need to verify my inter certificate too or just bba n mba degrees?

And what is the procedure for verification and attestation for WES?