+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

Mtunguyas

Nov 30, 2017
Lool yeah. But I had already ordered CBSA last month so should be getting them by the end of this week or early next week.
I also had ordered CBSA notes, i should ve them in the next 2 weeks. Although i dont expect any new info passe.

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
I also had ordered CBSA notes, i should ve them in the next 2 weeks. Although i dont expect any new info passe.
The epitomy of frustration that I can relate to. But yeah let's see what value they hold. I still haven't received my GCMS and it's been 35 days already. Last time I got them on the exact 30th day.

Mtunguyas

Nov 30, 2017
The epitomy of frustration that I can relate to. But yeah let's see what value they hold. I still haven't received my GCMS and it's been 35 days already. Last time I got them on the exact 30th day.
Sometimes the delay is a good sign..i heard that they prioritise finalizing the file rather than completing ur request for info.

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
Sometimes the delay is a good sign..i heard that they prioritise finalizing the file rather than completing ur request for info.
Yeah I've heard the same that if your file is in the final stages then they don't release notes or reply back status queries. I can't explain in words that how much I'm hoping it to be the case ;)

Kamal singla

May 25, 2018
Hi all,

Those who have "Security Screening" stated on their GCMS notes, lets gather here and share our respective timelines and progress ,if any.

My BG went into IP on 28 March and its been like that since then with no change in status.
My GCMS notes reflects the same and states "Security Screening" initiated on 28 March.

My AOR is 30 December. 2016.

Guys sailing the same boat, pls share!
How do u come to know that ur file is under security screening.??

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
Got the notes today mate. I've 4 blank activities this time but apart from that the rest of the material is exactly how it was back in March. Due date this time was 30/08/18, which is long gone. I was wondering, why is it always the case that when I order GCMS notes my due date has already gone past and no action has been taken to finalise my file. Loool

Mtunguyas

Nov 30, 2017
Got the notes today mate. I've 4 blank activities this time but apart from that the rest of the material is exactly how it was back in March. Due date this time was 30/08/18, which is long gone. I was wondering, why is it always the case that when I order GCMS notes my due date has already gone past and no action has been taken to finalise my file. Loool
My gcms notes were exactly the same. 4 black activities n meds changed to passed-expired. Due date means nothing, mine was one month old when i got the notes.
In SS all we can do is wait. IRCC does nothing until the checks r finished by CBSA/CSIS.
Its super frustrating to be in this position. Each day i hope to get the medical redo request because i am SS for 344 days

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
My gcms notes were exactly the same. 4 black activities n meds changed to passed-expired. Due date means nothing, mine was one month old when i got the notes.
In SS all we can do is wait. IRCC does nothing until the checks r finished by CBSA/CSIS.
Its super frustrating to be in this position. Each day i hope to get the medical redo request because i am SS for 344 days
I feel for ya matey. Once I get my CBSA notes, I'm gonna send LVO an status update request in which I'm gonna make it explicity clear that I'm their client and not CBSA's. Therefore the onus is on IRCC to make sure that CBSA / CSIS conclude the screening within the acceptable time period. And because they failed to do so thus far, I'm going to take legal assistance and file for the writ of mandamus. Let's see what their response will be like ;)

Mtunguyas

Nov 30, 2017
I feel for ya matey. Once I get my CBSA notes, I'm gonna send LVO an status update request in which I'm gonna make it explicity clear that I'm their client and not CBSA's. Therefore the onus is on IRCC to make sure that CBSA / CSIS conclude the screening within the acceptable time period. And because they failed to do so thus far, I'm going to take legal assistance and file for the writ of mandamus. Let's see what their response will be like ;)
I understand you too. At this point writing or not to them makes no diff. Filing a writ of mandamus will cost you atleast CAD 5000 and sometimes i think it may add on to the delay.

farah242

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
14-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Certainly SS starts after eligibility is passed. Inquire about Application/SS status from ralph.goodale@parl.gc.ca office. For once i got a response about my application not a generic response.
Is he your MP or anyone can email him from anywhere in canada? I looked him up and he is minister of public safety.

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
I understand you too. At this point writing or not to them makes no diff. Filing a writ of mandamus will cost you atleast CAD 5000 and sometimes i think it may add on to the delay.
Yeah I know what you mean. I wasn't gonna spend 5 grand just for their lousy asses to finalise my file. I've read up on quite a few cases where once IRCC got the court notice they finalised the application within couple of weeks of it.

Reactions: Mtunguyas

Mtunguyas

Nov 30, 2017
Yeah I know what you mean. I wasn't gonna spend 5 grand just for their lousy asses to finalise my file. I've read up on quite a few cases where once IRCC got the court notice they finalised the application within couple of weeks of it.
Lets hope we do not have to do that.