+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

Bahu12

Sep 7, 2018
I am based here in Canada, you can see my GCMS notes in the thread below...
Exactly the question what you are asking, I am trying to ask the same :D, am I or am I not... Some members say yes... some say no...
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/april-2018-aor-join-here.552109/page-237

I don't wanna comment about whether you are or you are not and mislead you, not right on my part tbh
Hi
I am based here in Canada, you can see my GCMS notes in the thread below...
Exactly the question what you are asking, I am trying to ask the same :D, am I or am I not... Some members say yes... some say no...
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/april-2018-aor-join-here.552109/page-237

I don't wanna comment about whether you are or you are not and mislead you, not right on my part tbh
Hi Bimale. I also got S.26 on my security page. I think no need to worry I know about S.26. It is act not to disclose your wife information to you. Thats it. However, I do not know much about S.21. If you think you are in SS, see your GCMS email. Everything they write about act. My email GCMS email appeared like this.

Dear XXXXXXXXXX

This is further to your request under the Privacy Act, which was received on August 1, 2018, for the following records:

the electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s) for the permanent residence file concerningXXXXXXX
The processing of your request is now complete. Please refer to the following for an explanation as to what was released:

Disposition of your records: Disclosed in part

Section(s) of the Act applied (if applicable): 26 information about another individual

You received the following amount of pages (if applicable): 150

Further information about the Privacy Act can be found at the following web page:

Please share your info.

Thanks

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi

Hi Bimale. I also got S.26 on my security page. I think no need to worry I know about S.26. It is act not to disclose your wife information to you. Thats it. However, I do not know much about S.21. If you think you are in SS, see your GCMS email. Everything they write about act. My email GCMS email appeared like this.

Dear XXXXXXXXXX

This is further to your request under the Privacy Act, which was received on August 1, 2018, for the following records:

the electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s) for the permanent residence file concerningXXXXXXX
The processing of your request is now complete. Please refer to the following for an explanation as to what was released:

Disposition of your records: Disclosed in part

Section(s) of the Act applied (if applicable): 26 information about another individual

You received the following amount of pages (if applicable): 150

Further information about the Privacy Act can be found at the following web page:

Please share your info.

Thanks
I am aware of it thx for sharing it though

farah242

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
14-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Hi everybody,
Just wondering how do you know what date your security check is started or if it is started or not through GCMS notes. I have 190 pages and it really hard for me to analyze it. really need some help here. thanks soo much!!

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi everybody,
Just wondering how do you know what date your security check is started or if it is started or not through GCMS notes. I have 190 pages and it really hard for me to analyze it. really need some help here. thanks soo much!!
Security part will start right after your Eligibility is PASSED... So you can take that date as a reference...

farah242

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
14-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Security part will start right after your Eligibility is PASSED... So you can take that date as a reference...
Eligibility was was passed in December 2017. we received request for updated schedule A and travel history on April 2018. and waiting since then. no news...does this mean that they started security after receiving the updated travel history forms (we sent them back on April 12) or should I count security check date as of December 2018

farah242

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
14-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Eligibility was was passed in December 2017. we received request for updated schedule A and travel history on April 2018. and waiting since then. no news...does this mean that they started security after receiving the updated travel history forms (we sent them back on April 12) or should I count security check date as of December 2018

Mtunguyas

Nov 30, 2017
Hi everybody,
Certainly SS starts after eligibility is passed. Inquire about Application/SS status from ralph.goodale@parl.gc.ca office. For once i got a response about my application not a generic response.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I would say to be sure you need to order CBSA notes that will provide you all the details

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
They gave me exact dates i passed eligibility, criminality and when SS started - they said SS is still in process. Its a like a summary of GCMS. And they reply in 2 business days.
Okay, I think I will write to them in Nov, recently got the CBSA notes and CSIS letter which highlight comprehensive SS ongoing

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
We have a very similar timelines. My eligibility was passed on 19/12/17 and then I was requested the schedule A on 24th April 18, which I submitted 2 days later. But I think my security didn't start until March 18. Because in January and February my application status query came back as my file is with the visa officer. But in March it changed to my file is going through regular background / security checks. I requested CSIS notes back in June and got a response back in July that they were never asked to carry out security screening on my file. Now I'm waiting for CBSA notes which I should get by the end of this week to establish the date on which they received my file for security screening. I'm May 17 AOR and vo is London, UK.

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
They gave me exact dates i passed eligibility, criminality and when SS started - they said SS is still in process. Its a like a summary of GCMS. And they reply in 2 business days.
Ahh nice, finally someone's getting back with some worthwhile information to read upon. I'll try and drop him an email today as well.