+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

Nik_shy

Star Member
May 5, 2017
In my Notes
Activity 1 ( for my self)
Sub-Activity/Activity types: Security

Activity 2 ( for my spouse)

Also S.15(1) at the right corner of the Notes.

Went to IP 2 on 16th August.

Also under Application

APPLICATION:1
Filed name: security
Action: Updated

APPLICATION:2
Action: Not started.

this how it is given. Does this indicate SS.

I found only this much info in GCMS. Please help

Thanks

Guys anyone can help me to understand... is my file is selected for SS?? Plz help

Ferasz

Nov 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Sep 2015
Doc's Request.
18 Oct 2016
Nomination.....
04 Nov 2016
AOR Received.
06 Dec 2016
Guys anyone can help me to understand... is my file is selected for SS?? Plz help
What the admissibility section says?

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
How did you order CSIS and CBSA notes?
Used the same portal CIC gcms note. instead of selecting CIC select CBSA or CSIS. CSIS and CBSA deliver the notes via regular postal mail instead of email.

InspiredC

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
10 months since aor. Got My CSIS gcms notes saying they have completed my screening on 1st week of June. CBSA gcms is still pending as they need more time to process my gcms.
Hi Sam, were you selected for security screening? If your screening was done on 1 June, are you then still in background checks?

What do the agents at the call center tell you about your status? We have a very similar timeline as you.

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
Hi Sam, were you selected for security screening? If your screening was done on 1 June, are you then still in background checks?

What do the agents at the call center tell you about your status? We have a very similar timeline as you.
I did not talk to agents. I contact them via my local MP's office. That is faster. My guess is CBSA is still processing files although CSIS has concluded their screening. Talking to the call center agents is waste of time as they know very little about the full processing.

InspiredC

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did not talk to agents. I contact them via my local MP's office. That is faster. My guess is CBSA is still processing files although CSIS has concluded their screening. Talking to the call center agents is waste of time as they know very little about the full processing.
Thanks for the reply. How did you contact your local MP? Via phone, email or personal visit? Did you get a valuable response from CIC via the MP?
How often do you contact your local MP? Sorry for all the questions, but I am just so tired of waiting and not knowing.

How far in the process is your application?

Omidahomie

Aug 23, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
September 4th, 2016
Nomination.....
CRS of 496
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
IELTS Request
Overall score of 8
Contacted CIC Ottawa last week, they told me my file is under "additional verification" and expect more than the usual processing times. Didnt order GCMS but from the tone and wording of their reply i believe i am under SS. Also BGC In progress since late May/early June with AOR of March 22. What do you guys think?

Lyon37

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
Nomination.....
N/A
Im not aware of any SS cases completed within 3 months (especially from Pak). So surely you will soon be disappointed. Brace for 6 months+ as SS cases from March 2017 have yet to be completed
I am certainly aware of quite a few. Don't know about Pakistan, honestly. So, I think you should let the rest of us be positive.

Just because you don't know something, doesn't mean its the case.

Lyon37

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
Nomination.....
N/A
Im not aware of any SS cases completed within 3 months (especially from Pak). So surely you will soon be disappointed. Brace for 6 months+ as SS cases from March 2017 have yet to be completed
I don't know what your poor experience has been - but I've noticed that you're a consistent downer on the forum. I am well aware of a number of cases that were resolved in between 3 - 6 months and a lot of other people know as well. If you don't expect a PPR in a year or two - go ahead. But don't just be a general downer around here. Everyone's backgrounds and histories are different and cases are different.

You're welcome to your own disappointments.

Reactions: Omidahomie

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
Thanks for the reply. How did you contact your local MP? Via phone, email or personal visit? Did you get a valuable response from CIC via the MP?
How often do you contact your local MP? Sorry for all the questions, but I am just so tired of waiting and not knowing.

How far in the process is your application?
Went to the MP's office directly. I visit there once in 1.5 months. I have not received any special info from the MP's office but it is easier for me to go there as the MP's office is just beside my office. And calling CIC call center is super pain because it takes more than 30min (20-30 min waiting time). Instead you get the same info from MP's office without wasting much time.

shri_canada

Feb 21, 2017
In my Notes
Activity 1 ( for my self)

Activity 2 ( for my spouse)

Also S.15(1) at the right corner of the Notes.

Went to IP 2 on 16th August.

Also under Application

APPLICATION:1
Action: Updated

APPLICATION:2
Action: Not started.

this how it is given. Does this indicate SS.

I found only this much info in GCMS. Please help

Thanks
Good this is not SS. Hope you will get PPR soon. Check your emails junk folder also regularly.

All the best!!

Reactions: Nik_shy

integral0087

Aug 29, 2017
Moscow
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
N/A
It has been 9 months since AOR. I wrote an email to CPC ottawa asking for medical extension because it will expire in 3 months and it cannot be determined when the application will be finalized due to security screening. I got the following in reply:

"Good day,

Thank you for your email.

Please note that a medical request will follow once the ongoing review has been completed.

Regards,

CY19580
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada"

Does it mean that I am near to completion ?
Hi! To me it looks like they are still processing your application and it's not an indication of completion. They merely informed you that they will require you to redo medicals when they make the final decision.

Ferasz

Nov 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Sep 2015
Doc's Request.
18 Oct 2016
Nomination.....
04 Nov 2016
AOR Received.
06 Dec 2016
It Says
Security 1
Types; security

Security 2
Types: Security

and in the right top corner is S.15(1)

nothing else,, Any clue is this SS??
It doesnt seem to be SS. for how long your bg are in progress?