+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

Lyon37

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
Nomination.....
N/A
Finally entered 180+ days club :mad:
File under Security Screening with no idea to when this agony will end :confused:
My timeline is very similar to yours - BG --> IP2 on 3rd June. AOR on February 1.

Also, after scanning a lot of posts, I feel like some people are making SS seem more gloomy than it needs to be. There appears to be average time of about 5 months to clear it, with very few cases going into 9 months and even fewer to longer.

I am also from Pakistan - but each case is dramatically different - you can't just generalize about Pakistani citizenship.

For instance, I had to submit 3 PCCs from 3 different continents and have had FBI clearances in the US (for this and for working in federal institutions) in the past - so everyone's different with different countries of residence and travel histories. Depending on the amount of information people have in their background, I imagine that SS can last long or be quite short. Also, in my experience, working with different governments, sometimes more verifiable information in your history is better than hardly any. So travel history that is legit and verifiable is not a bad thing.

Fingers crossed for a quick clearance. I am going to stay positive for this to be resolved within 3-4 months. Its already been 2.5 months...so another month and a half to go!

alishanpwc

Star Member
Dec 24, 2015
Lahore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
My timeline is very similar to yours - BG --> IP2 on 3rd June. AOR on February 1.

Also, after scanning a lot of posts, I feel like some people are making SS seem more gloomy than it needs to be. There appears to be average time of about 5 months to clear it, with very few cases going into 9 months and even fewer to longer.

I am also from Pakistan - but each case is dramatically different - you can't just generalize about Pakistani citizenship.

For instance, I had to submit 3 PCCs from 3 different continents and have had FBI clearances in the US (for this and for working in federal institutions) in the past - so everyone's different with different countries of residence and travel histories. Depending on the amount of information people have in their background, I imagine that SS can last long or be quite short. Also, in my experience, working with different governments, sometimes more verifiable information in your history is better than hardly any. So travel history that is legit and verifiable is not a bad thing.

Fingers crossed for a quick clearance. I am going to stay positive for this to be resolved within 3-4 months. Its already been 2.5 months...so another month and a half to go!
Fingers Crossed @Lyon37
Best of Luck

Reactions: Lyon37

x4xp

Sep 12, 2012
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
01-02-2017
My info:

FSWI
AOR: Feb 1, 2017
BGIP2 & SS: May 23, 2017

sunhuatom

Dec 12, 2016
Hi! I'm CEC Outland.
My Aor is 31 Jan.
Eligibility passed: 12 April.
RCMP request:12 April. Upload:12 May
Ordered my first GCMS on late May. And finally got some move:
Security Screening started: 20 June.
And my second GCMS is exactly the same of the same one. Nothing changed since then.

shah1989

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
It has been 9 months since AOR. I wrote an email to CPC ottawa asking for medical extension because it will expire in 3 months and it cannot be determined when the application will be finalized due to security screening. I got the following in reply:

"Good day,

Thank you for your email.

Please note that a medical request will follow once the ongoing review has been completed.

Regards,

CY19580
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada"

Does it mean that I am near to completion ?

Sugar2016

Jul 21, 2016

Im not aware of any SS cases completed within 3 months (especially from Pak). So surely you will soon be disappointed. Brace for 6 months+ as SS cases from March 2017 have yet to be completed

Daniala

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
My parents application went to SS according to GCMS since Nov. 24, 2016. 9 Months already. They are from Iran with no military or high-profile history.

It is really frustrating. I am not even sure, what could be dragging it this much. CSIS, or CBSA or what? And of course, the CPC-Ottawa only replys with template responses, additional verification, blah blah blah. I am just worried because their medical will expire in two months or so. Anybody in the same boat?

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
My parents application went to SS according to GCMS since Nov. 24, 2016. 9 Months already. They are from Iran with no military or high-profile history.

It is really frustrating. I am not even sure, what could be dragging it this much. CSIS, or CBSA or what? And of course, the CPC-Ottawa only replys with template responses, additional verification, blah blah blah. I am just worried because their medical will expire in two months or so. Anybody in the same boat?
everyone here is in the same boat. wait it out. nothing you can do to expedite it.

Nik_shy

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Hi Guys

i have just received my GCMS notes (AOR Feb 16 FSWO)

everything is passed except security. MY BG is IP2
in My GCMS note there is S.15(1) is written and security status : everything is blank against Security.

ACTIVITY1:
Sub-Activity/Activity types: Security
Field Name: Status

Does this mean my file is selected for security screening ??

or every one has S.15(1) thing in their file ?

Experts please help me to understand this.

Last edited:

shri_canada

Feb 21, 2017
Hi Guys

i have just received my GCMS notes (AOR Feb 16 FSWO)

everything is passed except security. MY BG is IP2
in My GCMS note there is S.15(1) is written and security status : everything is blank against Security.

ACTIVITY1:

Does this mean my file is selected for security screening ??

or every one has S.15(1) thing in their file ?

Experts please help me to understand this.
You need to have at least 1 entry of Security Screening, to make sure you are selected for SS. Like below.

UCI:
Name:
Sub-Activity/Activity types: Security Screening

Nik_shy

Star Member
May 5, 2017
You need to have at least 1 entry of Security Screening, to make sure you are selected for SS. Like below.

UCI:
Name:
Sub-Activity/Activity types: Security Screening

In my Notes
Activity 1 ( for my self)

Activity 2 ( for my spouse)

Also S.15(1) at the right corner of the Notes.

Went to IP 2 on 16th August.

Also under Application

APPLICATION:1
Filed name: security
Action: Updated

APPLICATION:2
Filed name: security
Action: Not started.

this how it is given. Does this indicate SS.

I found only this much info in GCMS. Please help

Thanks

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi All,

seems like I am the "youngest" SS applicant here. SS started in the beginning of August, just one line in GCMS as of now, due date beginning of September... After reading all 15 pages of this thread, I feel like I have to be prepared to let it go for a while...
AOR March 2017
BGC in progress July 2017
Criminality and eligibility Passed

Lets keep our fingers crossed and good luck to everybody!!!

jianxia15

Jun 6, 2016
Hi All,

seems like I am the "youngest" SS applicant here. SS started in the beginning of August, just one line in GCMS as of now, due date beginning of September... After reading all 15 pages of this thread, I feel like I have to be prepared to let it go for a while...
AOR March 2017
BGC in progress July 2017
Criminality and eligibility Passed

Lets keep our fingers crossed and good luck to everybody!!!
You can join the WhatsApp group for security screening to follow the latest progress.

https://chat.whatsapp.com/C9X4IlN5TzU663ryT36fP4

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
10 months since aor. Got My CSIS gcms notes saying they have completed my screening on 1st week of June. CBSA gcms is still pending as they need more time to process my gcms.

Reactions: Omidahomie

Ferasz

Nov 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Sep 2015
Doc's Request.
18 Oct 2016
Nomination.....
04 Nov 2016
AOR Received.
06 Dec 2016
10 months since aor. Got My CSIS gcms notes saying they have completed my screening on 1st week of June. CBSA gcms is still pending as they need more time to process my gcms.
How did you order CSIS and CBSA notes?