+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

meji

Jul 6, 2017
AOR Received.
20-01-2017
Passport Req..
08-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2018
my is similar, except my activity 3 updated date is 2017/05.

I am from China, and have no travel history to any of red flag countries. I have no idea why I could be chosen to run the security check.

AOR Jan 3, EE-CEC inland.

Does that mean I have to wait at least extra 6 months to 1 year?

That really sucks~~
Hello, I am wondering when is you work permit going to expire?

alishanpwc

Star Member
Dec 24, 2015
Lahore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Finally entered 180+ days club :mad:
File under Security Screening with no idea to when this agony will end :confused:

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
Finally entered 180+ days club :mad:
File under Security Screening with no idea to when this agony will end :confused:
follow @rkeys. he is Pakistani with an Oct aor. I don't think we would be getting ppr before he does.and there is no guarantee that we won't find any Pakistani apps that are stuck in ss with a pre Oct aor

Reactions: rkeys

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
follow @rkeys. he is Pakistani with an Oct aor. I don't think we would be getting ppr before he does.and there is no guarantee that we won't find any Pakistani apps that are stuck in ss with a pre Oct aor
Shaheer, it has been more than 17 days in IP2. I have ordered my GCMS notes which will coming on Tuesday. I am fearing that I am in security screening also.

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
Shaheer, it has been more than 17 days in IP2. I have ordered my GCMS notes which will coming on Tuesday. I am fearing that I am in security screening also.
as far I remember you were told a week or so ago by ohone that yours is cleared . 17 days without ppr in ip2 is not a benchmark for assumption of ss applicability. a month or more without it seems more like security screening. anyway your gcms will make it clear to you. just hope that you don't get it. I know an Oct aor Pakistani who is waiting for ppr. and there might be some with pre oct aor who are stuck in ss but i or other pakistanis just dont know them.

Reactions: skaarraeem

rkeys

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
Doc's Request.
06-07-2016
Nomination.....
15-07-2016
AOR Received.
16-10-2016
Med's Done....
17-10-2016
did you heard about any other Pakistani applicant who got PPR during last few months? Is LVO not issuing PPR to any Pakistani's at all??

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
did you heard about any other Pakistani applicant who got PPR during last few months? Is LVO not issuing PPR to any Pakistani's at all??
https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/pakistan-e-arp-tracker

Check out this tracker atleast 15-20 Pakistani applicants have been issued PPRs within 120 days of AOR. some of them even got PPRs in 60-70 days after AOR.

And in these applicants include from all over pakistani's living in pak, saudia, uae, usa, etc.

They just pick randomly and this tracker is just rough estimate it does not represent all of pak applicants lots of applicants who I know personally who are not in this tracker and on this forum have got PPRs in past 3-4 months.

And its not pakistan lots of other countries people like CEC candidates and from india usa uk uae brazil mexico china etc have also been stuck at security screening its just a random thing.

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
those who are not selected for security screening are getting ppr in 4~6 months. the problem is not with the Lvos. its with the security screening. right now I know you as the longest one waiting for clearance.

Reactions: rkeys

shri_canada

Feb 21, 2017
Hi .. I just received my GCMS notes and the latest status is as below. By when I can expect the Security to be finished? It shows around 4 security screening activities under my notes so far. How many activities of Security Screening have you seen MAX in GCMS notes?

Eligibility: Passed
Security:
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed

Security screening page is blank with s.15(1) written on top. So I am not able to identify at what stage of Security screening I am at.

Its 8 months and 8 days now officially after AOR. :D

Thank you.

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
Hi .. I just received my GCMS notes and the latest status is as below. By when I can expect the Security to be finished? It shows around 4 security screening activities under my notes so far. How many activities of Security Screening have you seen MAX in GCMS notes?

Eligibility: Passed
Security:
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed

Security screening page is blank with s.15(1) written on top. So I am not able to identify at what stage of Security screening I am at.

Its 8 months and 8 days now officially after AOR. :D

Thank you.
check this post. @Shereef notes. his ss just before pr.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/aor-in-september-2016-good-luck-all.449402/page-67#post-6220267

Guy293

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
so what should I expect?

my AOR is April 20, Meds passed on June 20 and BG is "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."
I had 3 years mandatory army service (Israel, infantry) and traveled to about 30 countries in the past 10 years (including China and Russia) all for tourism only.
what should I expect? 5 years waiting time? :(