+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

kostya_k

Feb 24, 2017
Besides the ACTIVITIES section, have you looked under SECURITY section under ADMISSIBILITY page? there should be a date for ''status: updated" for " in progress by CBSA ".
Thank you very much. I checked the ADMISSIBILITY page.

It has a Security Activity:
Type: Security
Created Date: 17-10-2017
Update Date: 01-11-2017
And sub-activity:
Type: Security Screening
Created Date: 01-11-2017
Update Date: 05-06-2018
Status Update Date: 05-06-2018

So, to conclude, the CBSA started my security screening only in June-2018. 9 months since my AOR.
Should I prepare for another year for CBSA to finish their screening procedures? How long can it be in "In Progress by CBSA" state?
Penny for your thoughts.

Last edited:

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you very much. I checked the ADMISSIBILITY page.

It has a Security Activity:
Type: Security
Created Date: 17-10-2017
Update Date: 01-11-2017
And sub-activity:
Type: Security Screening
Created Date: 01-11-2017
Update Date: 05-06-2018
Status Update Date: 05-06-2018

So, to conclude, the CBSA started my security screening only in June-2018. 9 months since my AOR.
Should I prepare for another year for CBSA to finish their screening procedures? How long can it be in "In Progress by CBSA" state?
Penny for your thoughts.
As I have mentioned earlier in some threads, CBSA is very slow in processing the security process. Hopefully it should not take that long. Usually security screening should end a year after it started. So just pray that it finishes some where around late October.

kostya_k

Feb 24, 2017
As I have mentioned earlier in some threads, CBSA is very slow in processing the security process. Hopefully it should not take that long. Usually security screening should end a year after it started. So just pray that it finishes some where around late October.
I hope you mean October of the year 2018 not the 2019. :)
If they finish till the end of 2018, I'll be quite happy.

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope you mean October of the year 2018 not the 2019. :)
If they finish till the end of 2018, I'll be quite happy.
Yes I am referring to Oct 2018. The reason why I am saying that is after 1 year of extra processing, you are liable for putting up case for mandamus. Usually CIC wants to avoid it.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
In the first set of GCMS/CBSA notes there are "normally" ACTIVITY 1-3 as blank after which the ACTIVITY 4 mentions Security.
In your last GCMS/CBSA notes were there ACTIVITY 1-4 as blank and the ACTIVITY 5 mentions Security?

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In the first set of GCMS/CBSA notes there are "normally" ACTIVITY 1-3 as blank after which the ACTIVITY 4 mentions Security.
In your last GCMS/CBSA notes were there ACTIVITY 1-4 as blank and the ACTIVITY 5 mentions Security?
You know what, my last GCMS notes were generated in May 2018 and I still had those 1-4 Activities. I was so disgusted with the progress that I did not order notes after that. But you are right as soon as CSIS first completes its process you will see Activity 5 in your notes and finally when CBSA does it it show Activity 6.

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
You know what, my last GCMS notes were generated in May 2018 and I still had those 1-4 Activities. I was so disgusted with the progress that I did not order notes after that. But you are right as soon as CSIS first completes its process you will see Activity 5 in your notes and finally when CBSA does it it show Activity 6.
What if it's only CBSA who are carrying out the SS as it is in my case. Then how many activities do we suppose to have?

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What if it's only CBSA who are carrying out the SS as it is in my case. Then how many activities do we suppose to have?
I am not quite sure as CSIS and CBSA usually do the security together. but you cannot say anything for sure with CIC.

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had ordered my GCMS notes once I landed in Canada so all these questions about activities will be answered when i get them.

kostya_k

Feb 24, 2017
I also have no mentioning of CSIS anywhere.
Activity1-4 are about SS: Not started -> Submit -> Received by CBSA -> In Progress by CBSA
Activity5 is about Type: Security, Status: In Progress

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wait guys for my GCMS notes. hopefully getting them on 1st Sep. I will put everything here.

Reactions: alisaw