+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Thank you @Owais Iqbal!

We've got our Portal 1 Email yesterday, May 22. AOR March 10.

Our Tracker still reads:
Eligibility - Not Started
Biometrics - In Progress
Background - In Progress
Medical - Completed.

Good luck everyone! :)

If your eligibility hasn't been cleared, I am not sure if that is in comprehensive security checks. You will need to order CBSA notes to confirm.

Reactions: Owais Iqbal

rubi7509

Nov 22, 2023
Nigeria
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-02-2021
AOR Received.
22-05-2021
Med's Request
07-03-2023
Med's Done....
23-03-2023
One person had comprehensive screening as per GCMS notes and still got cleared in 2 months recently. The other one is screening record check. Record check is short but screening is generally longer. Very few in the screening make it out in short time.
Yea, mine took 3 months. Recently got a re-medical request. Precisely on the 24th of May. My security screening and that of my spouse (was stated 'comprehensive check' on cbsa note) started on the 28th of February according to CBSA notes, and sent to CSIS on the 29th and completed same day according to CSIS note. Called ircc today and confirmed that my security was passed on the 24th of May, same day of the re-medical request.

Reactions: Owais Iqbal

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Yea, mine took 3 months. Recently got a re-medical request. Precisely on the 24th of May. My security screening and that of my spouse (was stated 'comprehensive check' on cbsa note) started on the 28th of February according to CBSA notes, and sent to CSIS on the 29th and completed same day according to CSIS note. Called ircc today and confirmed that my security was passed on the 24th of May, same day of the re-medical request.
Great news! Congrats!

prospective102

Star Member
Feb 12, 2023
Hi whats your timeline? AOR, express entry, outland? Could you please share?

rubi7509

Nov 22, 2023
Nigeria
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-02-2021
AOR Received.
22-05-2021
Med's Request
07-03-2023
Med's Done....
23-03-2023
Hi whats your timeline? AOR, express entry, outland? Could you please share?
Outland. Workpermit route. My AOR was donkey years ago. May 24th 2021. My security was not started on time.

battylife

Star Member
Apr 16, 2023
@umbro mandamus is now ongoing, got a "no reason" response from IRCC and DoJ but no direct response to the demand letter. Apparently my demand letter has a trigger word somewhere, and the forum does not allow me to share it

umbro

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
@umbro mandamus is now ongoing, got a "no reason" response from IRCC and DoJ but no direct response to the demand letter. Apparently my demand letter has a trigger word somewhere, and the forum does not allow me to share it
I am not good at Mandamus processing.
As long as I know Demand Letter is the very first step and it is not really Mandamus.
Mandamus starts when a lawyer gets into a real action, which is another step that comes after Demand Letter, some lawyers skip Demand Letter as they claim it usually does not help.
So, go to next step with your lawyer and see what happens.

Reactions: MarkSpenser

VLiu

Star Member
Jun 4, 2023
Got my CBSA Notes today. Security in Progress by CBSA and in Sub Activities, Security Screening type A34 : Comprehensive :(
Hey bro, I know this is pretty old stuff for you, but would you like to let me know when you eventually got your PR approval after receiving the CBSA notes about comprehensive security screening? I received the same notes as yours. Thank you very much!