+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gcms Notes

fizz12

May 8, 2023
Hi
My mother’s visitor visa recently got refused so I ordered GCMS notes as everyone recommends to refer to the notes before reapplying as it has immigration officer’s detailed comments. I received the notes today but they don’t have any more information than what’s on the refusal letter. Just the same paragraph from the refusal letter, nothing else. So it wasn’t helpful at all. Is that normal?

fizz12

May 8, 2023
Yes I know but it literally just says the exact same thing as the refusal letter.
“I have considered the following factors in my decision.
-The applicant has significant family ties in Canada.
-The applicant does not have significant ties outside Canada.
-The purpose of the applicant’s visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details provided in the application.
-The applicant’s current employment situation does not show that they are financially established in their country of residence
-The applicant has limited employment possibilities in their country of residence.

For reasons above, I have refused this application.”

Also I provided her employment letter, pension, medical benefits, land ownership, and her volunteer activities and still it was refused. Any advice?

Singh__

Star Member
Aug 25, 2023
Yes I know but it literally just says the exact same thing as the refusal letter.
-The purpose of the applicant’s visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details provided in the application.
-The applicant’s current employment situation does not show that they are financially established in their country of residence
-The applicant has limited employment possibilities in their country of residence.

Also I provided her employment letter, pension, medical benefits, land ownership, and her volunteer activities and still it was refused. Any advice?
May be just wait and get your permanent residency first they apply for her supervisa . Because for visitor there will be same 50% chances but for super visa there will be about 90% success chances.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Hi
My mother’s visitor visa recently got refused so I ordered GCMS notes as everyone recommends to refer to the notes before reapplying as it has immigration officer’s detailed comments. I received the notes today but they don’t have any more information than what’s on the refusal letter. Just the same paragraph from the refusal letter, nothing else. So it wasn’t helpful at all. Is that normal?
Totally normal, from my personal experience. The standard advice on this forum is to order the notes and all will be revealed. Not at all true. The right advice would be give the notes a try. They might contain something other than the boilerplate language in the decision letter. But many times, absolutely nothing more. Others here have reported the same over the time I have been on this forum.

fizz12

May 8, 2023
May be just wait and get your permanent residency first they apply for her supervisa . Because for visitor there will be same 50% chances but for super visa there will be about 90% success chances.
Hi thanks for your reply. I am actually a citizen and I could wait and apply for super visa next year but concerned if ties to home country would be an issue again like last 2 times. Also do you think it could come off as desperate? Just because i applied first for super visa and then visit visa and now super visa again

fizz12

May 8, 2023
Totally normal, from my personal experience. The standard advice on this forum is to order the notes and all will be revealed. Not at all true. The right advice would be give the notes a try. They might contain something other than the boilerplate language in the decision letter. But many times, absolutely nothing more. Others here have reported the same over the time I have been on this forum.
Thanks for your response. That’s what I thought. I was also wondering if her finances present weak ties to home country. From what you’ve seen and heard, what is a good bank statement for a visit visa if she’s coming for a month? I did mention in the application that I will be taking care of her expenses and showed my savings (bank statements). She has about $5k cad in her account. Has a job and receives pension but in Cad dollars it’s all less than $500/m. Wondering if that matters at all?

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Thanks for your response. That’s what I thought. I was also wondering if her finances present weak ties to home country. From what you’ve seen and heard, what is a good bank statement for a visit visa if she’s coming for a month? I did mention in the application that I will be taking care of her expenses and showed my savings (bank statements). She has about $5k cad in her account. Has a job and receives pension but in Cad dollars it’s all less than $500/m. Wondering if that matters at all?
I have no experience in applying for anyone other than my wife. She had so little in the bank that we did not show it. It showed a small balance and no regular deposits since in her most recent employment she worked overseas and her income went to the account of another family member back home. I said I would be covering all of her expenses and I showed a few years of Notices of Assessment for income tax, all in 6 figures and same for 3 bank accounts. I thought my financial clout might carry some weight. All of it counted for nothing, not that the refusal letter will ever say that. Refusal letters are couched in more opaque language and they are really just form letters. One size fits all.

Apparently, the IRCC is adamant about the applicant showing a sufficient amount of their own funds to pay all travel and other expenses and they want to see a stream of regular deposits to an account containing their own funds. That might be hard for you to do. I would expect them to scoff at deposits of less than $500/mo., since that would be very little in Canada. So, is a mother held to a different standard than a wife? Your experience with refusals suggests to me that the IRCC sees both types of application through the same lens. But I do not know for sure.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Where's your father? If he still lives and cohabits with your mom, he should be a significant family tie to your mother. Does your mom has any assets or real property or jointly owned with your dad? If so, she should show them the picture your mom is financially established in her country of residence.