+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS NOTES WELL EXPLAINED HAS NEVER BEFORE UNTIL NOW

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
App received 7 Jan 2021, outland , nairobi VO. I have received GCMS notes today and it has the following line.
sponsor Eligibility Decision. Passed. GCMS check. No relevant/material information found. Correct fees received and collected. Client will be advised via Decision letter from CIO that: An original Medical Report Form (IMM 1017B UPFRONT) signed by a Panel Physician or an E-Medical up-front Medical notification information sheet has not been provided. Your relatives must complete the medical and once completed forward this information directly to the visa office noted above along with a copy of this letter. Your application has been transferred to the visa office noting this deficiency. Your relative must also forward the medical information directly to the visa office to allow continued processing of his/her application. Failure to do so will result in delay and possible refusal of your relatives application.

Can someone understand this message. I still haven't received medical request.
Standard language.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
This might seem like a silly question - but I see that Security/Criminality "Not Started" usually means that it has PASSED.

Does this logic apply to your Background Check section in GCKey portal as well?

For my wife's file, they had started the background check in the past, and now it shows "We will let you know when we start your background check".

solman07

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Hello all,

Please see note, my Security says that it is not started, but from what i have read, this usually means that it is processing?

The last sentence of the attached text, does anyone know what it means? "Review Required - background info"

Created By: EM25736

Updated Date: 2021/03/24

Updated By: EM25736

Restricted: No

Label: General Office: Beijing Text:

Integrated search completed - No adverse info. File reviewed. Details of the development of the relationship noted. Evidence of social recognition of the relationship, proof of cohabitation on file, photos showing couple as natural and comfortable at ease with family and acquaintances are on file. Docs provided are supportive to substantiate the stated relationship. I am satisfied that PA and SPR are in a genuine relationship and not entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act. Applicant is a member of the Family Class. Eligibility passed. No criminality concerns. Required PC on file. Criminality assessment passed. Review required - background info

Thankful94

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
I hope I get MR soon. Nairobi VO is a bit slow right now. Thanks for your info.
Same here , it looks like the medical request is the last thing they will do right before dm. Some VO do that . Every VO is different. Some of them want the applicants to do the medical before getting transferred to them . That is what I noticed from a lot of comments. Can you share what else is on your gcms notes . Like criminality check background check other information. Much appreciated

Nabekhime

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
Same here , it looks like the medical request is the last thing they will do right before dm. Some VO do that . Every VO is different. Some of them want the applicants to do the medical before getting transferred to them . That is what I noticed from a lot of comments. Can you share what else is on your gcms notes . Like criminality check background check other information. Much appreciated
Some of the following included in the note:
Eligibility = passed
Criminality = 0
Default = 0
Verification =0

Thankful94

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
Some of the following included in the note:
Eligibility = passed
Criminality = 0
Default = 0
Verification =0
What does the zero mean ? Not done yet ? Is the eligibility the sponsor one or the PA?
On your ECAS do you have two lines, The received line and the line 2 that it started processing.
Thanks in advance

Nabekhime

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
What does the zero mean ? Not done yet ? Is the eligibility the sponsor one or the PA?
On your ECAS do you have two lines, The received line and the line 2 that it started processing.
Thanks in advance
I don't know what zero is but I have " we started processing on ...date" on ECAS.