caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Nope, I just received an email that mentioned they have made a flag on my notes application and could not warrant when they will give the notes to me.
depending on the type of information involved IRCC may send a message like this. regardless they give a due date almost all of the time. your only recourse is to submit a complaint (it's free to do so) to ensure IRCC stays on top of your request. re-submitting the request may not yield a different outcome.

the complaint can be filed online at https://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/en ; the actual online complaint form is only accessible with a Canadian IP address but you can download the pdf form from the same site and email it.

"Due to ongoing concerns related to the spread of Coronavirus disease (COVID-19), preventative measures have been enacted throughout our global network of offices, which results in the inability to retrieve the records that you are seeking at this time.

Due to these circumstances, I wish to inform you that, in accordance with the Access To Information Act*, an extension of xxx days beyond the statutory 30 day limit is necessary to process your request.

Considering the extension, your request is now due on xxx"

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
depending on the type of information involved IRCC may send a message like this. regardless they give a due date almost all of the time. your only recourse is to submit a complaint (it's free to do so) to ensure IRCC stays on top of your request. re-submitting the request may not yield a different outcome.

the complaint can be filed online at https://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/en ; the actual online complaint form is only accessible with a Canadian IP address but you can download the pdf form from the same site and email it.

"Due to ongoing concerns related to the spread of Coronavirus disease (COVID-19), preventative measures have been enacted throughout our global network of offices, which results in the inability to retrieve the records that you are seeking at this time.

Due to these circumstances, I wish to inform you that, in accordance with the Access To Information Act*, an extension of xxx days beyond the statutory 30 day limit is necessary to process your request.

Considering the extension, your request is now due on xxx"
Thank you very much for your help and sharing. The information is useful.

TIL

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
Visa Office......
London, UK
Hello ! When was your application transferred to LVO ? May I ask your timeline please ? Our application was also transferred to LVO on March 2nd 2020. I’m a Canadian citizen and I’m sponsoring my boyfriend, he is Irish.
Received: Feb 14, 2019 in Sydney, NS.
AOR1: April 19, 2019
Biometrics Request: October 21, 2019
Sponsor Approval/DM: October 22, 2019
Medical Request: October 22, 2019 (several hours after SA)
Biometrics Complete: October 23, 2019
Medical Passed: November 9, 2019
File Transfer: January 8, 2020
AOR2: March 13, 2020

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I made a GCMS notes on Mar 9, but still not yet receive any feedback until today.
Most requests filed in March have been delayed. If IRCC does not send you an extension notice under Section 8 or 9 of the ATI Act or section 15 of the Privacy Act, then you can contact IRCC ATIP via the email address available in your filling confirmation email. IRCC will flag your request as priority and process it soon.

ATIP Website states: "The Government of Canada’s Access to Information and Privacy Offices’ currently have a reduced operational capacity due to exceptional measures put in place to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). As a result, there will be delays in responding to requests submitted under the Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act during this period. Departments will continue to make every reasonable effort to respond to requests, in accordance with the current operational realities."

Also, if your file is being processed in a country outside Canada, then that country's situation could also play a role since the Operation Service Division (OSD) may not be able to retrieve your information within the statutory time frame of 30 days. You can just wait, especially under current circumstances.

As regards any extension notice, that has to be sent within the 30 days statutory time frame. If no extension notice was sent within the 30 days, then IRCC cannot seek any extensions under section 8 & 9 of ATI Act or section 15 of the Privacy Act.

thomas3456

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-10-2019
AOR Received.
02-10-2019
I received my gcms note a few days back, my application has been in review required.
Through gcms notes I found that RR is for "Stat Question" in the 'Client Information' section.

I mentioned this:
"I was refused entry to USA 4 times for flagpoling. The below are the details:
1. XX-XX-2017 - To extend study permit
2. XX-XX-2019 - to get work permit, could not get as was very late to the border
3. XX-XX-2019 - to get work permit, and reached early in morning and was able to receive work permit."

The ending notes on this state: "CIO RECOMMENDATION FOR PA: PASS CRIMINALITY".

Below are my gcms notes.

https://subefotos.com/ver/?9c3b5fae35d3aac0cf5738ff34e879c3o.jpg
https://subefotos.com/ver/?3778a8037a8adfea6b19d180c35fae0co.jpg
https://subefotos.com/ver/?7ea8043eebcad31a7e389e07ded47143o.jpg
https://subefotos.com/ver/?a95f1ed7fcd2691f2e3b02fee5908050o.jpg
https://subefotos.com/ver/?87fac79f4da010ab9f404ecdcea45590o.jpg

@legalfalcon sir can you suggest if I need to do anything at this.

Thanks,
Sumit

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
I have an INLAND PR application in process and ordered my notes. It lists the Operations Support Centre as a secondary office. Why is this? What do they do at OSC?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I received my gcms note a few days back, my application has been in review required.
Through gcms notes I found that RR is for "Stat Question" in the 'Client Information' section.

I mentioned this:
"I was refused entry to USA 4 times for flagpoling. The below are the details:
1. XX-XX-2017 - To extend study permit
2. XX-XX-2019 - to get work permit, could not get as was very late to the border
3. XX-XX-2019 - to get work permit, and reached early in morning and was able to receive work permit."

The ending notes on this state: "CIO RECOMMENDATION FOR PA: PASS CRIMINALITY".

Below are my gcms notes.

https://subefotos.com/ver/?9c3b5fae35d3aac0cf5738ff34e879c3o.jpg
https://subefotos.com/ver/?3778a8037a8adfea6b19d180c35fae0co.jpg
https://subefotos.com/ver/?7ea8043eebcad31a7e389e07ded47143o.jpg
https://subefotos.com/ver/?a95f1ed7fcd2691f2e3b02fee5908050o.jpg
https://subefotos.com/ver/?87fac79f4da010ab9f404ecdcea45590o.jpg

@legalfalcon sir can you suggest if I need to do anything at this.

Thanks,
Sumit
No need to be concerned. Prior visa refusals have no bearing on your PR, unless the info you disclose in them is not contradictory to the one you have in your PR app.

Reactions: thomas3456

thomas3456

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-10-2019
AOR Received.
02-10-2019
No need to be concerned. Prior visa refusals have no bearing on your PR, unless the info you disclose in them is not contradictory to the one you have in your PR app.
Thank you so much sir @legalfalcon, your help is very much appreciated.
I assume you have seen the gcms notes I uploaded here and didn't find anything..
Thank you.
Thomas.

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
hi !

Just received note yesterday. And the more recent note says ( 15/04/2020 ) says :
Case rewiewed. PA has provided reponse to DEP removal letter. Case to be further reviewed by CPO.

Just to explain the situation; They asked Medical exam for his son that lived in us and he never saw him and is not in contact with the mother
So they asked us for proof that my husband don't have de legal gard of is son , that he tried to communicate with the mother . we provided really good proof ( legal document about the gard, a lot of conversation that she never answer, conversation with the amercian grand mother that say that no her daughter will not let him see/talk to him ect ) This note is about those proof.

The note is by the same agent that send us all letters ( including the one asking those proof ) and the one who appears on almost all notes.

So what do I have to understant about this note ? He don't want to take the decision him self about the fact that we cannot have medical for the child ?
What is CPO ? A controller ?

Please Help !

Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Just received note yesterday. And the more recent note says ( 15/04/2020 ) says :
Case rewiewed. PA has provided reponse to DEP removal letter. Case to be further reviewed by CPO.
The note is by the same agent that send us all letters ( including the one asking those proof ) and the one who appears on almost all notes.

So what do I have to understant about this note ? He don't want to take the decision him self about the fact that we cannot have medical for the child ?
What is CPO ? A controller ?
I'm not certain but I believe CPO is central processing office (or something similar).

I don't think anything unusual about this, the officer is flagging a matter of note. I believe most or even all files have a 'second set of eyes' or a sign-off signature from someone else i.e. are also reviewed by more than one officer/office. The line officer reviewing makes written notes so that the other/reviewing office can focus on matters of note.

(I'm not an expert, this is a somewhat informed guess)

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Has anyone received GCMS notes for April yet? Just wondering if it shows any work being done. Based on the spreadsheet entries I don't see any new entries (people updating) since March so I'm wondering if they are even working on applications still or if they've been put on hold.

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
I'm not certain but I believe CPO is central processing office (or something similar).

I don't think anything unusual about this, the officer is flagging a matter of note. I believe most or even all files have a 'second set of eyes' or a sign-off signature from someone else i.e. are also reviewed by more than one officer/office. The line officer reviewing makes written notes so that the other/reviewing office can focus on matters of note.

(I'm not an expert, this is a somewhat informed guess)
thanks !

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Has anyone received GCMS notes for April yet? Just wondering if it shows any work being done. Based on the spreadsheet entries I don't see any new entries (people updating) since March so I'm wondering if they are even working on applications still or if they've been put on hold.

HI !
I received my April notes because the first time I order them, I forgot to send the representative form to get the PR notes. So the first time I only received the sponsorship notes. My file was still open when I sent them the form signed by my husband so they sent us the updated notes. And my notes show that the agent worked on my file on April 15. So yes, they are still working on the files but maybe slower than usual (I didn't think it was possible to be slower than they already are ...)

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
HI !
I received my April notes because the first time I order them, I forgot to send the representative form to get the PR notes. So the first time I only received the sponsorship notes. My file was still open when I sent them the form signed by my husband so they sent us the updated notes. And my notes show that the agent worked on my file on April 15. So yes, they are still working on the files but maybe slower than usual (I didn't think it was possible to be slower than they already are ...)
Great, this is what I wanted to know. Wanted to know if they had fully stopped working on files or not. You have proven that they ARE still in fact working on things as of mid-April. This is a good sign....I think.

Reactions: Minian