+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS NOTES WELL EXPLAINED HAS NEVER BEFORE UNTIL NOW

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have whitelisted the cic mail id and checked the junk mail regularly too..

As informed earlier, received the GCMS last week on 22nd Feb..

Assessment:
Eligibility: passed
Criminality: passed
Security:
Medical: passed
Info sharing: completed
Final: approved

In the note, (Edmonton CPC)
Officer Review: GCMS NAI Marriage certificate on file.. no concerns with relationship..
*****A11.2 Assessment/ R87.1 Eligibility**** Canadian work experience..having reviewed the application as a whole..satisfied that the PA meets the eligibility.. Foreign Work experience.. satisfied that PA possesses the experience he claims.. Arranged employment verified and no concern found... selection EE passed..
****Admissibility*** PA background information reviewed no concerns.. Criminality: passed PA: NRT - All Required PCS

Any idea where it is stuck now?? The GCMS date is as of 23rd Jan..if it is approved, why its taking so much time to get the PPR mail?

Called the IRCC agent..they are also saying that the final decision is approved..they have raised an internal query to Edmonton CPC for the status of my application..but it will take 3 weeks to 1 month to get thr information..

Should I order another GCMS ? Any other way to know the status? Can I connect to Edmonton CPC directly to know the status?

Thanks in advance..
Is this a family class sponsorship?

Belma

Mar 3, 2020
Really need advice on what to do !
I request note and received them today . It say that they send me PARTIAL COMMUNICATION

Disposal of your file: Partial communication
Section (s) of Law applied (s) (if applicable): 15 (1) to the detection, prevention or suppression of hostile or subversive activities

First I didn't notice this note. But when i was looking to my GCMS note I realize that there is 6 or 7 blank page. All the section about de PR .
So i came back to the email and see the things about the artical 15 ( 1 ) So I went to see this article in the access to information manuel and here what it says ;

Subsection 15(1) of the Access to Information Act (the Act) is a discretionary exemption based on an injury test that is intended to protect three general public interest areas. Access to information requested may be denied if disclosure could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the following:

1. The conduct of international affairs: This includes not only state-to-state affairs but also commercial, cultural or scientific links established by citizens with counterparts in other countries.
  2. The defence of Canada or any state allied or associated with Canada: An “allied state” is one with which Canada has concluded formal alliances or treaties. An “associated state” is a state with which Canada may be linked for trade or other purposes outside the scope of a formal alliance.
  3. The detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities: This exemption protects specific types of information pertaining to the security of Canada.
These three general areas of public interest can be considered independently even though they are closely and intimately interrelated and frequently overlap.

Definitions
Subsection 15(2) of the Access to InformationAct defines the terms “defence of Canada or any state allied or associated with Canada” and “subversive or hostile activities.”

“Defence of Canada or any state allied or associated with Canada” includes, but is not limited to, the efforts of Canada and of foreign states toward the detection, prevention or suppression of activities of any foreign state directed toward actual or potential attack or other acts of aggression against Canada or any state allied or associated with Canada.

“Subversive or hostile activities” means:

• (a) espionage against Canada or any state allied with or associated with Canada,
  • (b) sabotage,
  • (c) activities directed toward the commission of terrorist acts, including hijacking, in or against Canada or foreign states,
  • (d) activities directed toward accomplishing government change within Canada or foreign states by the use of or encouragement of the use of force, violence or any criminal means,
  • (e) activities directed toward gathering information used for intelligence purposes that relates to Canada or any state allied or associated with Canada, and
  • (f) activities directed toward threatening the safety of Canadians, employees of the Government of Canada or property of the Government of Canada outside Canada.
Two of the three public interests mentioned in the introductory paragraph of subsection 15(1) are defined in subsection 15(2). It is important to note that “defence of Canada or any state allied or associated with Canada” is defined non-exhaustively (because of the use of the word “includes”). The definition, therefore, does not limit the exemption to the listed types of information. On the other hand, the phrase “subversive or hostile activities” is defined exhaustively (because of the use of the word “means”). The exemption may be invoked only for the specific activities listed in the definition. Information pertaining to other security or intelligence activities, such as security screening, immigration and citizenship vetting, domestic vital points and security inspections, cannot be exempted under this provision unless the information relates to one of the activities outlined in paragraphs 15(2)(a) to (f) of the Act or it is captured in the introductory paragraph of subsection 15(1).

What do I have to understand ?? They find something in the security check and it'S enough serious that they don't want us to see it ?
I'm a litte affraid here.
I did not talk about that to my husband for now becaus I really don't know how to react. Maybe its nothing ? or maybe its serious!
Is there any way for me to have more information about this ???
( inland application I'm the sponsor )

Last edited:

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Hello everyone,
I ordered GCMS notes Feb 5th 2020. When should I expect to receive the notes ? Any idea ?
Any Day Now. I heard they are backlogged. But its 30 - 45 Days.

Vid2591

Mar 6, 2020
I received my gcms notes yesterday...march 22nd 2019 applicant
Eligibility- in progress
Security- not started
Criminality - passed
File moved to ndvo on 17th June 2019 and I dint receive any update since transfer.
Officer notes says : recommend interview waiver.( Ordering notes every month from September 2019.. getting same notes every month)
Going to complete one year mark in 2weeks
File location: FCU - DISC

Can someone please tell me what all these actually means?. Am completely confused and. Will I get any update with in 12month mark ?. Kindly give me your suggestions

Thanks in advance

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Two questions on notes in GCMS I have come across that I'd love to know what they mean:

-ORG: BLUE
-INFORMATION FOR REVIEW: Relevant NCB for PA

The second one I'm guessing means relevant national criminal board for principle applicant but only a guess.

There's also repeated use in file review notes (from a program assistant) saying 'promoted.' Any idea what promoted means in this context? Note, these are from review notes that seem to have taken place close to the date of receipt at the processing office in Nova Scotia.

claurianta

Jul 10, 2007
Two questions on notes in GCMS I have come across that I'd love to know what they mean:

-ORG: BLUE
-INFORMATION FOR REVIEW: Relevant NCB for PA

The second one I'm guessing means relevant national criminal board for principle applicant but only a guess.

There's also repeated use in file review notes (from a program assistant) saying 'promoted.' Any idea what promoted means in this context? Note, these are from review notes that seem to have taken place close to the date of receipt at the processing office in Nova Scotia.
We also have ORG: BLUE but haven't been able to figure out what it means. I think most people have green, so maybe it's some kind of flag? Our file is in Mississauga though, which generally doesn't process the complicated cases.

Our security checks have started - quite a bit of redacted materials and have the following:

APPLICATION: 1
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:
Field Name: Security
Old Value: Not Started
New Value:
Office: CPC Mississauga

This to me would indicate they've started security checks.

However, eligibility has not started:

ASSESSMENTS

Eligibility: Not Started
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs:
Final:

I find that most people have eligibility started before security, so it's a bit strange.

Our next due date under Application Assignment is March 21, so I will request GCMS again right after that, and probably CBSA and CSIS as well since security seems to be what's holding the application back right now.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
can any one tell me why i have two notes on my GSMC without text ?
Likely redacted under exceptions to access to information act - security reasons and the like. Read the cover letter of your gcms notes and there should be a phrase with a reference to a section of the legislation. This is relatively normal and not of itself a reason to worry, part of background check process. (Obviously it can be more significant if there is something in background check that is a problem)

sherif200355

Feb 12, 2018
Likely redacted under exceptions to access to information act - security reasons and the like. Read the cover letter of your gcms notes and there should be a phrase with a reference to a section of the legislation. This is relatively normal and not of itself a reason to worry, part of background check process. (Obviously it can be more significant if there is something in background check that is a problem)
thank you for taking the time and replay, i can't see any information about the sponsered person eligibility,what i have got is for sponser person only. did i request the wrong GCMs?
should i indicate i request it on behalf of some one and then write my wife's name"sponsered person"?
Thank you

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
thank you for taking the time and replay, i can't see any information about the sponsered person eligibility,what i have got is for sponser person only. did i request the wrong GCMs?
should i indicate i request it on behalf of some one and then write my wife's name"sponsered person"?
Thank you
I don't know how you applied so entirely possible you made a mistake. Yes, you apply asking for the information about the principal applicant. I don't recall the exact steps but it's reasonably self-explanatory.

Note, you will need a permission form signed by the PA. The gcms/atip site indicates which is needed.

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived
THIS THREAD IS BASED ON DIFFERENT GCMS RECOLLECTIONS, DIFFERENT APPLICANTIONS REPORTS AND CIC HANDOUTS.

Does anyone know what office RC-6262 is?