App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Thanks for the reply the security say not started but there is 16(1)(c) and an activity number to it
From what I have read, that might mean they are not disclosing something to you in the notes. Most people say it is nothing to worry about as long as you don't have any history of criminal activity.

anwarkahlon21

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
please reply me as soon you possible
Hello,
We are pleased to inform you that we have just received the visanotes.
The processing of your case request is now complete by Citizenship &
Immigration, Canada. I am enclosing the documents of the same.

Please find the attached pdf file of the case.

We have reviewed and analyzed all the sheets received from Immigration
Canada and have interpreted the following reasons for your client’s Visa
Refusal.

• Sibling in school in PQ after being approved for Mohawk.
. App has limited academic background.
. Not logical progression of studies.
. Letter of purpose for study reviewed and considered.
• The Immigration Officer is not convinced/satisfied that the
applicant is a bonafide student and as such would be a genuine student.
. Officer is not satisfied that proposed studies are reasonable
in light of qualifications/ educational background.

In order to re- apply, we recommend him to provide a strong letter
stating his clear intentions to study in Canada.
We wish him all the best.

sangam44

May 24, 2017
Any April applicant got GCM notes recently. I got mine today and it says :
APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT
ASSIGNED TO: SM01395
ASSIGNED BY: SM01395
DUE DATE: 2017/09/29
and in Eligibility Assessment status says Recommend passed?

anyone notices these parts in his/her GCM notes, so can please explain??
Recommend Pass signifying that lead officer at the embassy is fully satisfied with the relationship then he/she assigns the file back to that first lead officer at CPC Mississauga to also review it for the last time before the status fully change from Recommend Pass to Passed.

EEPost2015

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
Any April applicant got GCM notes recently. I got mine today and it says :
APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT
ASSIGNED TO: SM01395
ASSIGNED BY: SM01395
DUE DATE: 2017/09/29
and in Eligibility Assessment status says Recommend passed?

anyone notices these parts in his/her GCM notes, so can please explain??
Same here. I think it means that the visa officer is satisfied with your relationship. What is the status of security?

Dhillonss

Apr 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2017
Doc's Request.
02-06-2017
AOR Received.
24-05-2017
File Transfer...
13-06-2017
Med's Request
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
02-06-2017
Same here. I think it means that the visa officer is satisfied with your relationship. What is the status of security?
securtiy not started yet and criminality passed.

Reactions: EEPost2015

Dhillonss

Apr 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2017
Doc's Request.
02-06-2017
AOR Received.
24-05-2017
File Transfer...
13-06-2017
Med's Request
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
02-06-2017
Recommend Pass signifying that lead officer at the embassy is fully satisfied with the relationship then he/she assigns the file back to that first lead officer at CPC Mississauga to also review it for the last time before the status fully change from Recommend Pass to Passed.
thanks for your reply.

Reactions: sangam44

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
Got yet another email from ATIP that they can't open OneDrive files so I have to attach the consent form directly to the email. Why didn't they just tell me that in the first place? But yeah, I didn't even know my files were being attached directly to OneDrive, but now I know. I sent them yet another copy of the consent form so I hope I get my notes by Tuesday.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Got yet another email from ATIP that they can't open OneDrive files so I have to attach the consent form directly to the email. Why didn't they just tell me that in the first place? But yeah, I didn't even know my files were being attached directly to OneDrive, but now I know. I sent them yet another copy of the consent form so I hope I get my notes by Tuesday.
Nice that they at least acknowledge your messages. Hopefully you will get your notes soon. Me, there is not response to my email I sent asking them what the status of my notes are since it has been 35 days since I sent in my request and no notes. If they don't respond by Tuesday (5 business days), I am going to see if I can lodge a complaint.

cazrypr

Star Member
May 15, 2012
Hi could someone please help me understand my GCMS notes. I have been told that if on the first page you are assigned a group# then that means an interview will need to be conducted. Here are the first 20 lines from my GCMS notes. Could someone please comment on whether an interview will take place or not. I should add Eligibility, Criminality, Security all not started.

Application: XYZ
created date: 2017/05/02
Created By: EAIMEL
Updated Date: 2017/06/09
Updated by: TD02005
Primary Office: London
Secondary Office: CPC Mississauga
App #: XYZ
App status: Open
App status reason: In progress
Submission Date:
Rec'd Date: 2017/04/06
Rec'd via: Mail
Lock-in date: 2017/04/06
Category: FC1
Sub-category: OVS
Group Name: Secondary Review
Group #: 1-AZ8OOJB
Special Program:
Correspond Lang: Eng
Interview Lang: Eng
Interpreter Req'd: No

Thank you.
Were you able to figure out what does this mean I have the same in my notes

SeineToHumber

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Nice that they at least acknowledge your messages. Hopefully you will get your notes soon. Me, there is not response to my email I sent asking them what the status of my notes are since it has been 35 days since I sent in my request and no notes. If they don't respond by Tuesday (5 business days), I am going to see if I can lodge a complaint.
Don't wait. They are already in default. They have 30 calendar days to respond. This is legislated, they can't complain about volume or some other BS.

IRCC likes to say that the due date is the following business day if the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, but they're making things up. The legislation makes no mention of this.

When a government organization doesn't take ATIP requests seriously, they are not taking democracy seriously.

You have to submit it by mail, unfortunately. http://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/eng/lc-cj-logde-complaint-deposer-plainte.aspx

If you wish to lodge a formal complaint under the Access to Information Act, please write to:

Office of the Information Commissioner
30 Victoria Street
Gatineau, Québec K1A 1H3

For security reasons, we cannot accept complaints by email or phone, but can provide general information on the complaint process.

Last edited:

Cdnpr2017

Dec 31, 2016
Could just be the cpc officer requesting the VO to look closely at eligibility. Doesn't mean it will result in an interview or that it's a bad thing. Has your eligibility been started?
yes it has started. In gcms notes under officers notes it says "relationship appears to be genuine"

I have a dismissed dui also, so i think this has something to do with it. It says no reportable trace on my FBI background check. However I sent in a legal opinion letter that contains all the court dockets for my case. At the end of the officers notes it says "officer to review court records"

I think this may be why it says "review required"

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
yes it has started. In gcms notes under officers notes it says "relationship appears to be genuine"

I have a dismissed dui also, so i think this has something to do with it. It says no reportable trace on my FBI background check. However I sent in a legal opinion letter that contains all the court dockets for my case. At the end of the officers notes it says "officer to review court records"

I think this may be why it says "review required"
Yes very likely. If relationship seems genuine then you're almost there :) all the best.