20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
29-11-2016 done re-medical and will be sent to accra by doctor
Med's Done....
24-07-2015, medical now confirmed passed on 22-04-2016. Thank God, 07-10-2016 schedule A, additional family information, police certificate Nigeria nd Uk nd kids medicals requested nd all submitted
Interview........
not my portion IJN, on the 05/01/2017 eCas show decision made... Thank God, journey almost completed.
Passport Req..
soon
Hi Eagle333,
how are you, family and work?
thank you for the wonderful assistance you giving everyone on here, God in his mercy will reward you with long life, good health and peace of mind IJN.... Amen

I have some concern on the email I received today about my application, please can you break it down for me to understand,
thank you.
Now this is the email...

Date: September 6, 2016

Dear xxxx xxxx xxxx

We are now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Section 117(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002 defines who is a member of the family class. A foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is

(a) the sponsor’s spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner;

Subsection 4(1) of the regulations, states that, for the purpose of these regulations, no foreign national shall be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or is not genuine.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

Based on the evidence that you provided we are not satisfied that your marriage is genuine and/or that the primary reason for the marriage is other than for the purpose of you gaining admission to Canada. As a result, for the purpose of the regulations, you may not be considered to be a member of the family class.

In addition, we have concerns that you have not disclosed your true identity as you have not provided historical evidence in support of your claimed indentity.

In order to come to a final determination in your case we will provide you 30 days from the date of this letter to provide additional information to support the genuineness of your marriage and your identity.

In addition please describe your relationship to Gabriel Olanrewaju.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information so that we may continue processing your application. Please note this will be the ONLYopportunity we will provide for you to submit additional evidence. Your application will be assessed in 30 days and the final decision will be based on the evidence on file at that time.

Please note that submission in person will not be accepted.

We look forward to receiving your additional information.

Regards,

Immigration Program | Programme d'immigration (RK)

High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box 1639
42 Independence Ave., Accra, Ghana

Phone | Tél.: +233 (030) 2211521
Fax | Téléc: +233 (030) 2211524

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
samola10 said:
Hi Eagle333,
thank you for the wonderful assistance you giving everyone on here, God in his mercy will reward you with long life, good health and peace of mind IJN.... Amen

I have some concern on the email I received today about my application, please can you break it down for me to understand,
thank you.
Now this is the email...

Dear xxxx xxxx xxxx

We are now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Section 117(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002 defines who is a member of the family class. A foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is

Subsection 4(1) of the regulations, states that, for the purpose of these regulations, no foreign national shall be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or is not genuine.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

Based on the evidence that you provided we are not satisfied that your marriage is genuine and/or that the primary reason for the marriage is other than for the purpose of you gaining admission to Canada. As a result, for the purpose of the regulations, you may not be considered to be a member of the family class.

In addition, we have concerns that you have not disclosed your true identity as you have not provided historical evidence in support of your claimed indentity.

In order to come to a final determination in your case we will provide you 30 days from the date of this letter to provide additional information to support the genuineness of your marriage and your identity.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information so that we may continue processing your application. Please note this will be the ONLYopportunity we will provide for you to submit additional evidence. Your application will be assessed in 30 days and the final decision will be based on the evidence on file at that time.

Regards,

P.O. Box 1639

It appears that based on what you submitted they aren't sure of your identity. Check your country/region specific guide and submit more identity docs.

It also appears you did not submit enough relationship evidence. Submit whatever you have to support your relationship.

Why they sent a procedural fairness letter and not a doc or interview request? No idea.

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
Med's Done....
24-07-2015, medical now confirmed passed on 22-04-2016. Thank God, 07-10-2016 schedule A, additional family information, police certificate Nigeria nd Uk nd kids medicals requested nd all submitted
Interview........
not my portion IJN, on the 05/01/2017 eCas show decision made... Thank God, journey almost completed.
Passport Req..
soon
@Imablue,
thank you..
I am also surprise at d lengthy email nd I dont understand the identity they talking about well i really dont my school result with application initially maybe thats what they looking for.
And i had also prepared for interview should in case they ll put me im the queue so now i ll have to send all those documents nd supporting letter in support of our marriage from family nd friends nd i blv it should be enough.

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
soon
@Imablue,
thank you..
I am also surprise at d lengthy email nd I dont understand the identity they talking about well i really dont my school result with application initially maybe thats what they looking for.
And i had also prepared for interview should in case they ll put me im the queue so now i ll have to send all those documents nd supporting letter in support of our marriage from family nd friends nd i blv it should be enough.

crucial

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samola10 said:
@Imablue,
thank you..
@samola it will be a good idea to request your GCMS Notes while you are sending the requested documents and identification. This will give you a clearer picture of what is going on with your file.

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
soon
@Crucial,
Thank you, I have done that since the 18/08 bcos I was emailing out of curiosity to know the status of my application. So for now am getting documents together nd at d same time waiting the GCMS note.

thank you once again @Imablue nd @Crucial though also looking forward to reply from Eagle333

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samola10 said:
Hi Eagle333,

thank you.
Now this is the email...

Dear xxxx xxxx xxxx

Regards,

P.O. Box 1639

Hello Samola10,

I am glade to read you after a long time, at the same time I am surprised by this email you just received today. I went through this ordeal before.

Your Eligibility is questioned as well as your identity. Here is my own experience, it is too late for them to call you for interview because your application appeared in the past to be ease to process but the more time that officer spends studying your file the clearer it becomes that your application is just a masquerade of lies and deception (Sorry for those terms) that is why he or she just put your file on humanitarian and compassionate grounds. Now it depends how powerful are your supporting evidence to overturned their Decision which is already made at 95%.

You don't need an interview at this stage unfortunately, they gave you a second chance to convince them that your relationship is genuine. At this stage, they have reached to a DECISION but cannot communicate it until they review your case under H&C.

Another thing I did not like is that they are questioning your Identity. When they talk about identity they mean this:
1. Maybe they discovered a different name you might have used to another Embassy.
2. Sex
3. Could it be you used a different date of birth in the past to another country or embassy?
4. Could it be they found a real photo which says it is you?
5. Signature
6. You might have used a different passport or other national document as ID.

So, I want you to seat down and think if one of these point applies to you, if not then write an explanatory letter to them.

Also I want to you submit powerful supporting evidence in order to redeem your application since it is bending in the wrong direction.

For example:

Western Union Receipts for 1 year period
Passport entries for one or both of you visiting each other
Pictures together showing smiles and affection for each other because CIC needs to see that
Communication for 1 year period such as emails, WhatsApp chat log, Facebook chat log, phone bills, Skype chat log
Prepare a letter that shows your plan as a couple once you are together
10 reference letters from both families and friends

At least these are powerful evidence to me since it is what I did in the past.

Reactions: TIL

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
Hey Eagle and everyone else on this thread.

Ive been waiting over 18 months and Im going kinda crazy. I know that we are about 90% done our process (inshallah) but I just want to see and hear some opinions.

Heres a quick recent timeline:

May 28 - Case has been moved to Amman
July 2 - Case started processing
December 24 - Additional Documents Requested
January 16 - Sent Additional Documents
March 28 - Additional Documents Requested, Again.
April 3rd - Sent Additional Documents, Again.
*We noticed that nothing was happening so I ordered my notes and saw that the officer notes that they didnt recieve our additional documents, so the next day I went in and physically gave them a copy*
July 19th - Requested re-medical
July 23rd - Did Re-medical
August 1st - Medical Passed on GCKey

Now our GCKey says background check in progress and my MP also said that security verifications are in progress. Does anyone have a rough estimate on how long this will take and when they will finally request PPR? I cant wait for this to be over. I just wanna go home.

Also... Is this officer able to ask for more additional documents after security is done or is our next step PPR?

Thanks everyone! Trying to be patient during this difficult time. Please pray for me.

momo2016

Apr 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2016
AOR Received.
18-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Done....
up front 19-03-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016
This morning when i logged in my ecaw, i saw under "sponsorship application status" decision made. But "PR status" is still in process.

What does the decision made mean under sponsorship application?

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
Masriixo said:

Now our GCKey says background check in progress and my MP also said that security verifications are in progress. Does anyone have a rough estimate on how long this will take and when they will finally request PPR? I cant wait for this to be over. I just wanna go home.

Also... Is this officer able to ask for more additional documents after security is done or is our next step PPR?

Thanks everyone! Trying to be patient during this difficult time. Please pray for me.
Background check times vary depending on many factors. Some go quick, some seem to drag on forever.

Yes, if they find something in the background check that they feel is suspicious, they can request docs, interviews, or throw your app into the 30 day H&C pile. I've recently seen someone here in the forum have their relationship and the PA's identity suddenly be in doubt, based on what came back.

Not trying to scare you, just my observations. Hopefully it'll all go quickly?

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
Omegabyte said:
Background check times vary depending on many factors. Some go quick, some seem to drag on forever.

Yes, if they find something in the background check that they feel is suspicious, they can request docs, interviews, or throw your app into the 30 day H&C pile. I've recently seen someone here in the forum have their relationship and the PA's identity suddenly be in doubt, based on what came back.

Not trying to scare you, just my observations. Hopefully it'll all go quickly?
I hope so too. My husband was born in Syria but his father is Iraqi so he holds an iraqi passport and he's traveled a lot recently and now we've been in amman together for over a year so now I'm scared they're gonna ask for police checks. This is horrible.

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
Hello,
Just called my MP. They were able to contact CIC and were told that my husbands application is still undergoing security/background checks and to get in touch with them in a couple of weeks.
So although my notes about security say
Uci XXXXXXXX
family name xxxx
given name xxx
type: security screening
with the s.15(1)

it does not seem that the security/background checks are finished.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Masriixo said:

Ive been waiting over 18 months and Im going kinda crazy. I know that we are about 90% done our process (inshallah) but I just want to see and hear some opinions.

Heres a quick recent timeline:

May 28 - Case has been moved to Amman
July 2 - Case started processing
December 24 - Additional Documents Requested
January 16 - Sent Additional Documents
March 28 - Additional Documents Requested, Again.
April 3rd - Sent Additional Documents, Again.
*We noticed that nothing was happening so I ordered my notes and saw that the officer notes that they didnt recieve our additional documents, so the next day I went in and physically gave them a copy*
July 19th - Requested re-medical
July 23rd - Did Re-medical
August 1st - Medical Passed on GCKey

Hello Masriixo,

You are almost done. Give them another 4-6 weeks they will request your Passport and issue your visa.

If Eligibility is passed there will be no need to request supporting documents.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
momo2016 said:
This morning when i logged in my ecaw, i saw under "sponsorship application status" decision made. But "PR status" is still in process.

What does the decision made mean under sponsorship application?
momo2016,

Again this morning I received a private message someone reported that their ecas under Sponsorship Application Status changed from DECISION MADE to IN PROCESS. I told the person that it is a sign that PR application has been approved at the visa office. Guess what? 1 hour later they person emailed me over joyed saying his wife just received a call from the visa office saying the visa is issued and ready for pick up.

So I wish you a good luck.

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
Eagle333 said:
momo2016,

Again this morning I received a private message someone reported that their ecas under Sponsorship Application Status changed from DECISION MADE to IN PROCESS. I told the person that it is a sign that PR application has been approved at the visa office. Guess what? 1 hour later they person emailed me over joyed saying his wife just received a call from the visa office saying the visa is issued and ready for pick up.

So I wish you a good luck.
i think a bunch of peoples sponsorship application status changed from in process to decision made.