+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS NOTES WELL EXPLAINED HAS NEVER BEFORE UNTIL NOW

JohnCana123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Ordered GCMS notes earlier this month and got this email today.

According to our records and the information provided in your request, we cannot confirm that you are eligible to submit a request under the Privacy Act, which requires that you be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or an individual present in Canada.

In order for us to process your request, we require that you provide the information requested in ONE of the two options below:

1) If you are eligible to submit a request please provide a proof of your eligibility (i.e. copy of a Canadian passport, permanent resident card or proof that you are an individual or corporation present in Canada)

They want proof that the PA is in Canada, which he is. However, he’s out of status. Has anyone gotten such a message? How do we provide proof that he’s in Canada? We were thinking of sending his drivers license but not sure how. Any assistance would be appreciated.

slough

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019

According to our records and the information provided in your request, we cannot confirm that you are eligible to submit a request under the Privacy Act, which requires that you be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or an individual present in Canada.

In order for us to process your request, we require that you provide the information requested in ONE of the two options below:

1) If you are eligible to submit a request please provide a proof of your eligibility (i.e. copy of a Canadian passport, permanent resident card or proof that you are an individual or corporation present in Canada)

They want proof that the PA is in Canada, which he is. However, he’s out of status. Has anyone gotten such a message? How do we provide proof that he’s in Canada? We were thinking of sending his drivers license but not sure how. Any assistance would be appreciated.
We got the same response. The email says you can provide the proof by replying and attaching the materials.

In our case notes were ordered October 12 and on November 12 they came back with this. PA immediately provided a copy of the visitor extension aor (that has now itself taken over 6 months without response leaving her on implied status) and a random bill addressed to her here. I mean, how do you prove where you are other than maybe holding a dated newspaper in front of a Canadian landmark and taking a photo??

Anyway they took 15 days to respond to the email she sent back to them with the documents (Nov 27) and said the case was acknowledged to be late and was now "escalated". Here we sit on December 18 and still no notes.

The bizarre thing is she'd ordered notes each of the 2 months prior and they never had a problem furnishing the information before. I'm honestly not sure if this is just a tactic to make their response times look better or what but I'm not expecting to get them back any time soon.

Good luck.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

May be easier to resubmit in name of the sponsor.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
We got the same response. The email says you can provide the proof by replying and attaching the materials.

In our case notes were ordered October 12 and on November 12 they came back with this. PA immediately provided a copy of the visitor extension aor (that has now itself taken over 6 months without response leaving her on implied status) and a random bill addressed to her here. I mean, how do you prove where you are other than maybe holding a dated newspaper in front of a Canadian landmark and taking a photo??

Anyway they took 15 days to respond to the email she sent back to them with the documents (Nov 27) and said the case was acknowledged to be late and was now "escalated". Here we sit on December 18 and still no notes.

The bizarre thing is she'd ordered notes each of the 2 months prior and they never had a problem furnishing the information before. I'm honestly not sure if this is just a tactic to make their response times look better or what but I'm not expecting to get them back any time soon.

Good luck.
You can request your own information under the Privacy Act but to receive someone else's information you need to do so under the Access to Information Act. IRCC ATIP is a large dept and rarely there can be variability in treatment of requests; if the message was sent erroneously then contact them and clarify.

sh_ed

Star Member
Dec 20, 2020
Hey All im wondering whether I can order or if it makes sense to order GCMS notes for my file, my timeline:

Application Rec: Feb 17, 2020
AOR: Feb 27, 2020
SA: March 10
Bio Req: March 10
Medical Req: March 11
Medical Rec: March 25
Bio Completed & Rec: July 28

After that dead silence I have called IRCC twice and both times they confirmed my file is still in Sydney but no word, email or communication about my file being transferred for processing anywhere.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hey All im wondering whether I can order or if it makes sense to order GCMS notes for my file, my timeline:

Application Rec: Feb 17, 2020
AOR: Feb 27, 2020
SA: March 10
Bio Req: March 10
Medical Req: March 11
Medical Rec: March 25
Bio Completed & Rec: July 28

After that dead silence I have called IRCC twice and both times they confirmed my file is still in Sydney but no word, email or communication about my file being transferred for processing anywhere.
Makes sense to raise a web form first, from there you can decide if Gcms Notes is needed at all. The important thing is if Eligibility is passed or not, if it has then the usefulness of Gcms Notes beyond that diminishes.

@ditya009

Oct 20, 2020
Hi everyone can any one please help me with my question which is making me worried
Soo i have got ontario masters graduate stream pnp received two documents
1.confirmation of nomination
2.approval letter
When i applied for paper based pr application on the check list i have seen the starting sentence and submitted only “CONFIRMATION OF NOMINATION “ after submission recently i have noticed on “approval letter” stating that i have to submit both will this mistake makes my application incomplete or reject the application ???? Im really scary plch some one help me with this...
My timeline
Ar -july 15 2019
AOR -aug 3 2019
Prearrivals -jan 4th 2020
Medicals request-nov 2 2020
Medicals passed -nov. 16 th 2020
Then no updates
Process end date feb 15 2020

JohnCana123

Star Member
May 15, 2019

Good luck.
Thanks. We replied to the email with proof this weekend. Hopefully they don’t give us the run around. Similar to you we have ordered notes twice before and this issue was not raised so I found it very strange when we got this email. I’m hoping we don’t experience too much of a delay.