Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@caipsnotes / @legalfalcon

Hi guys, can anyone of you tell me about what exactly “info sharing: system error” in GCMS notes mean. I had like 3 GCMS notes from CIC all of them show the same thing. My Eligibility, Criminality is passed and Security has not started yet as per the notes. Im an Inland paper based MPNP applicant. My time line is in my signature. Any reply would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
At times in the GCMS notes an applicant may see "Info Sharing: System Error" All this means is that either no information was found or a technical error occurred in accessing the information. Associated with this you may also see the comments "Contact GCMS Helpdesk or Proceed with processing the application, at the VO's discretion"

Also see Agreements with other departments and governments,
Biographic Visa and Immigration Information Sharing with Canada

Reactions: abelsamjo4

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
hi @caipsnotes , do ghost updates happen real time or are they delayed, i.e. for the last 4 nights at exactly 2:15am (9:15am lvo time) I've been getting a ghost update on my gckey :eek:
can this be some sort of system ghost update not relating to my file, or do you think if I see the
"App/profile updated" on my gckey homescreen its 100% officer touched my file???
What is your opinion, thanks!!!

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
hi @caipsnotes , do ghost updates happen real time or are they delayed, i.e. for the last 4 nights at exactly 2:15am (9:15am lvo time) I've been getting a ghost update on my gckey :eek:
can this be some sort of system ghost update not relating to my file, or do you think if I see the
"App/profile updated" on my gckey homescreen its 100% officer touched my file???
What is your opinion, thanks!!!
Hi. Ghost Update (GU) implies an update made to the application in the background and any inferences to what exactly is the cause is usually conjecture. Nonetheless, usually it signifies progress and that' a good thing.

Reactions: Phalos

natnbnt

Apr 30, 2020
Dear legalfalcon,

Would you please help me understand about wording in Info Sharing section: "Complete- Not Reviewed" and "Ready to be Assessed" from GCMS notes

Thanks

Usa2canada<3

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-08-2020
AOR Received.
11-25-2020
On my GCMS Notes it states this:
NOTES: 1 Created Date: 2020/09/30 16:00:35 Created By: ### Updated Date: 2020/09/30 16:00:35 Updated By: ## Restricted: No Label: General Office: CPC Mississauga Text: ********THIS IS A BATCH NOTE******** An Inland SCLP AOR letter or email was sent to the PA on 2020-09-28. As the correspondence was sent via the BATCH EMAIL and LETTER APP (BELA), there is no copy of the letter or email attached to the application.

However it still says my app is in the prospective how do i figure out what to make of this i received no letter or email.. When i called ircc they told me that i was in prospective...

zunior

Aug 2, 2020
Thanks a lot I'll post if I have some progress
[/QUOTE
Best of luck! I hope we get to see some progress soon.
Hi everyone I finally have progress with my application. Aor Jun 6 /19 I got in August /20 request from immigration for Police clearing documents from countries I spend +6 months and letter from the company here in Canada. I sent them ,and I got 23 Sept. 2020 pre arrival letter. Good news definitely and I don't know how long I have to wait for final decision letter.

shashibhushan86

Nov 4, 2019
Respected experts.

My AOR date is 13-Dec-2019 and I am still waiting for the PPR email as of today (16-Nov-2020). Almost 11 months now.
Recently, I applied for GCMS notes and got the response from IRCC.

###############################################################################################################
The assessment sub-section in the Application section in the gcms notes has below statuses:
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs: Cancelled
Final: Approved

Question 1: Does above status indicate that my application is approved and i should just wait for the PPR email now?
###############################################################################################################

There is a section called Finalize Application. In this there are is a sub-section called document issuance.
I can see 2 documents details in this:
Document Issuance: 1
Document#: (There is a document number here)
Document: Counterfoil/Vignette
Valid to: 2021/10/08
Sent Date: (This is blank)

Counterfoil
# of entries: One
Issued at: CPC-Ottawa
Date of Issue: (This is blank)
Subcategory: IM-1
Upper Machine Readable Line: V<CAN(My Name)<<<<<<<<<<<<
Lower Machine Readable Line: (My Passport Number)<(Some code here)

Travel Document
(My Passport Details)

Secure Print attachment
Attachments: 0

Document Issuance: 2
Client/Party: PA
Document: COPR/ CRP
Sent Date: (This is blank)

COPR
Issued at: CPC-Ottawa
Issued Date; (This is blank)

Travel Document
(My Passport Details)

Secure Print attachment
Attachments: 0

Refusal Grounds
Refusal Grounds: 0

Question 2: Based on above details in my gcms notes, can i say that my COPR is ready but not sent yet?

Question 3: If in my case, I am already approved to get the PR, how long can it take for me to get the PPR email?
Question 4: What is the email ID of the authority that sends the PPR email? I heard that sometimes it can goto the spam folder, so it would be nice to keep an eye on the source email ID.
Question 5: What happens if someone missed the PPR email and deleted that accidentally? Is there a way to ask for that email again?

As always, I cant thank enough of this community and everyone's dedication to help each other.
Hope this post helps many other people like me :)

Thanking all of you in advance. Please stay safe.

kanmi792000

Sep 24, 2011
Good day ,
Please can there be Ghost Updates as a glitch?
I got a Ghost Updates and most people got as well so they believed its a system glitch. Please clarify

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Good day ,
Please can there be Ghost Updates as a glitch?
I got a Ghost Updates and most people got as well so they believed its a system glitch. Please clarify
It is possible.

My own theory - speculative only - is that they are running updates/database combing to identify files that are 'hung' waiting for steps or 'triggers' in processing where they have made changes so they can move things along. As an example, files that were waiting for new biometrics where PA has given biometrics in the last ten years, see recent announcement about this, revise to let the application proceed without new biometrics. (But note, there could be dozens of similar database/processing requests that would also be similar, like reallocating files between regional/field offices etc).

And that this process may trigger the so-called ghost updates. For example, for files they want to do something with as a result of the procedural modifications.

Or it could just be a system glitch.

I fully recognise my speculation - even if 100% accurate, which it 100% probably isn't - doesn't directly help anyone.

Bottom line: there are LOTS of potential explanations, they mostly don't provide information that helps anyone decide what they can do, every applicant wants to do something to speed their file up if they can - but mostly applicants wait and pressing the elevator button again and again doesn't actually make the elevator come faster. That said, most potential explanations for these ghost updates aren't bad from point of view of the applicant (something is happening), and there isn't much they can do anyway.

Those who really, really want to do something can order GCMS notes or write their MP, etc. But: GMCS notes often don't provide actionable information, or not much, and a bit of extra insight doesn't really speed things up either. MPs may want to help and try but they can't directly influence the process either.

Hope this helps. It probably doesn't.