ACTIVITY : 7
UCI: XXXXXX
NAME:XXXXX XXXXX
SUB-ACTIVITY/ACTIVITY TYPE: BIOGRAPHIC
FIELD NAME: STATUS
NEW VALUE: NRT

IT APPEARS NO EXCLUSION EXISTS.
CASE FORWARDED TO VISA OFFICE FOR FURTHER PROCESSING

those are some points i don't quite understand especially the NO EXCLUSION EXIST PART

5.12. Exclusion from membership in the family class – R117(9)(d), R117(10) and R117(11) (former OM OP 03-19)

Under both the previous legislation and under IRPA, both the applicant and the applicant's family members, whether accompanying or not, must meet the requirements of the legislation. There are no exceptions to the requirement that all family members must be declared. With few exceptions, this also means that all family members must be examined as part of the process for achieving permanent residence.
Officers should be open to the possibility that a client may not be able to make a family member available for examination. If an applicant has done everything in their power to have their family member examined but has failed to do so, and the officer is satisfied that they are aware of the consequences of this (i.e., no future sponsorship possible), then a refusal of their application for non-compliance would not be appropriate.
Officers must decide on a case-by-case basis using common sense and good judgment whether to proceed with an application even if all family members have not been examined. Some scenarios where this may likely occur include where an ex-spouse refuses to allow a child to be examined or an overage dependant refuses to be examined. Proceeding in this way should be a last resort and only after the officer is convinced that the applicant cannot make the family member available for examination. The applicant themselves cannot choose not to have a family member examined.
The intent of R117(9)(d), R117(10) and R117(11) is to ensure that persons whom the sponsor made a conscious decision to exclude (either by not declaring and/or not having the persons examined) from their own application for permanent residence cannot later benefit by being sponsored by this same person as a member of the family class.
Where, however, the applicant has declared the person and CIC chooses not to examine the family member, for example, because of an administrative decision or for policy reasons, or due to an administrative error, the family member is not excluded from membership in the family class. However, a sponsor cannot sponsor a family member if an officer determined at the time the sponsor previously submitted their application for permanent residence:
1. that the sponsor was informed that the family member could be examined and that the sponsor was able to make the family member available for examination, but did not do so, or
2. that the family member did not appear for examination when he was able to do so.
Many of the family class cases that are currently being processed have a sponsor who immigrated to Canada under the previous legislation. Under the previous legislation, certain persons either did not have to be examined as part of the application or could not be examined due to an administrative policy or decision taken by CIC.
There are two groups of persons who fall into the above category:
 The family members of an applicant for refugee status did not have to be examined as part of the application. (In addition, it should be noted that under the current Regulations, i.e., R176, the non-accompanying family members of a protected person, who is seeking to remain in Canada as a permanent resident, are not required to be examined and therefore should not be excluded from the family class in a subsequent sponsorship);

Where CIC made the decision not to require examination of family members

As per R117(10), the exclusion of R117(9)(d) does not apply to an applicant where it is established that an officer determined, during the course of the sponsor’s own application for permanent residence, that this applicant (then a family member of the foreign national who later became a sponsor) was not required to be examined, as applicable, under IRPA or the former Act. The key notion operating here is whether it was the decision of the officer who, being fully advised of the existence of the family member through the truthful declaration of the foreign national who later became a sponsor, determined that it was not required that that family member be examined and did not require that the family member be examined. If the decision for non-examination was made by the officer, then R117(9)(d) does not apply in respect of that family member and that family member is not excluded.
Nevertheless, as per R117(11), R117(9)(d) does apply to an applicant if an officer determines that this applicant could have been examined during the sponsor’s own application for permanent residence, but that the sponsor chose not to make the applicant available for examination or that the applicant did not appear for examination. The choice in this situation rests with either the sponsor or the applicant (not with an officer of the Department) and, consequently, the applicant is excluded, pursuant to R117(9)(d) and R117(11), for not having the family members examined as part of the sponsor’s own application for permanent residence.

Go on page 1 of this thread you will find what is BIOGRAPHY and what NRT stands for.

counterfoil:

the part of a check, receipt, ticket, or visa that is torn off and kept as a record by the person issuing it

Undertaking Length: Is the time your sponsor is obligated to provide social assistance to you and it last 3 years.

samsho39

Jun 13, 2015
Surrey, BC
App. Filed.......
11/20/2015
Doc's Request.
4/4/2016
AOR Received.
1/19/2016
Med's Done....
9/7/2015
I'm currently applying for m GCMS notes. Just wondering what I'm supposed to enter under

"Use the space below to provide relevant information to help IRCC process your request (maximum 500 characters)."

htquach

Feb 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 4, 2016
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016; AOR2: April 1, 2016
File Transfer...
March 22, 2016
Med's Done....
January 10, 2016
Interview........
Queued: August 25, 2016 - Interview: October 18, 2016
Passport Req..
November 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
Touchdown... YEG!!! December 26, 2016
I left it blank and had not problems getting my request processed.

acfajardo

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-01-2016 SA: 25-01-2016 AOR2 Email: 17-03-2016
File Transfer...
02-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
Hi Eagle333, I'm resending this here because I'm not sure if I my private message to you went through yesterday. Our internet connection was iffy when I sent it so I hope you don't take this as spamming. I know you're busy but I'd really appreciate your expertise on this matter. I just received our GCMS notes a few days ago and here's what's written.

Under "ASSESSMENTS", it says:
Eligibility: In Progress
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Not Started
Medical: Passed

Under "PAPER FILE":
Office: Manila
(xxxfile numberxxx)

APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT:
Assigned to: xxxx
Assigned by: xxxx
Due Date: 2016/05/03

And under "ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT" here's what's written.
(some info about case #/name/etc)
Type: Eligibility
Version: 2010-06
Conditional: Yes
Status updated by: xxx
Status updated Date: 2016/03/17
Due date: 2017/01/21

Under "SECURITY" & "CRIMINALITY" (same info)
Status updated date: 2016/01/17
Due Date: 2016/02/15

After a few pages:
ACTIVITY 1
(info on application)
Activity Type: Eligibility
Field Name: Status
New Value: Recommend Passed
Updated date: 2016/03/17

Under the notes section I read the following:

On April 1 they noted that they received my additional document on Mar 23. It was requested on Mar 17. My additional document was the Certificate of No Marriage (Cenomar) from the Phil. Statistics Authority. They also sent me an acknowledgment for this on April 19 since I emailed them.

The 3rd note was regarding the initial review of my eligibility. Here's what's written: INITIAL REVIEW: FC1. Same-sex. Married/in a relationship within last 2 years. - No eligible deps. Legally free to marry/valid marriage - ID sufficiently established. - Nothing to flag at this time. - Medical passed. - No adverse FOSS record.- Previous record: (trv app number)-refused. - NBI + other required polcerts - clean PA and SPR met via social media in 2012. Met for the first time in the Philippines on 2013/01/15. SPR visited PA 3x over the course of the relationship. Both families knew about their relationship. Primary applicant and SPR got married in Auckland, New Zealand. AOR sent. Request for Cenomar.

Other notes are that our sponsorship was approved on 01/23/2016 and other details regarding my spouse. They noted also for PA: Visitor Visa refusal: (trv app number) case locked in 2015/11/19 forwarded to vo for processing.

Here are the details of our application.

Our file was received Nov 11, 2015. On the gcms, it says they transferred our file to Manila VO on Jan 23,2016. On our ECAS it says:

Permanent Residence

1. We received xx's application for permanent residence on Nov 19, 2015.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application on on March 17, 2016.
3. We started processing xx's application on February 2, 2016.
4. Medical results have been received.

--

I apologize for the length of the post. I'd just like to ask what the location means. Also I noticed that the due date is still 2017. What does that mean? I know they usually change it from time to time so does that mean I could get a PPR soon? Also I had a previous trv refusal. I declared this and even gave them the exact reasons written in my refusal letter. Will this be a cause for delay? I was refused on the following grounds: no strong family ties, financial and personal assets, as well as my employment.

Overall are my notes positive? Hope you can answer me. Thank you in advance and thanks for all your help to us members of the forum.

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone know what (undertaking length) means? is this the total time they think they will need to finish processing the file?

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
When you agree to be a sponsor, you must sign a contract called an undertaking with the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration (or with the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion [MIDI] if you live in Québec).

The undertaking is a promise to provide financial support for your spouse or common-law partner’s basic requirements and those of his or her dependent children.

Basic requirements are:

food
clothing
utilities
personal requirements
shelter
fuel
household supplies
This also includes other health care not provided by public health, such as eye and dental care.

The undertaking ensures that these persons and their family members do not have to apply for social assistance. Its length varies according to their age and their relationship to you.

Your obligations as a sponsor begin as soon as the person you are sponsoring and, if applicable, his or her family members arrive in Canada.

Important information: The undertaking is an unconditional promise of support. For example, the granting of Canadian citizenship, divorce, separation or relationship breakdown or moving to another province does not cancel the undertaking. The undertaking also remains in effect even if your financial situation deteriorates.

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Galano1213 said:
When you agree to be a sponsor, you must sign a contract called an undertaking with the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration (or with the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion [MIDI] if you live in Québec).

The undertaking is a promise to provide financial support for your spouse or common-law partner’s basic requirements and those of his or her dependent children.

Basic requirements are:

food
clothing
utilities
personal requirements
shelter
fuel
household supplies
This also includes other health care not provided by public health, such as eye and dental care.

The undertaking ensures that these persons and their family members do not have to apply for social assistance. Its length varies according to their age and their relationship to you.

Your obligations as a sponsor begin as soon as the person you are sponsoring and, if applicable, his or her family members arrive in Canada.

Important information: The undertaking is an unconditional promise of support. For example, the granting of Canadian citizenship, divorce, separation or relationship breakdown or moving to another province does not cancel the undertaking. The undertaking also remains in effect even if your financial situation deteriorates.
Thank you so much for replying Galano. Was starting to get worried since it showed 36 months :eek: I thought it meant that is how long they might take.

Also undder eligibility assessment it shows a 1, what does that number mean? also due date is 2016-11-24. I guess this actually means that is how long they think the file might take to be processed? :'(

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
acfajardo said:
Hi Eagle333, I'm resending this here because I'm not sure if I my private message to you went through yesterday. Our internet connection was iffy when I sent it so I hope you don't take this as spamming. I know you're busy but I'd really appreciate your expertise on this matter. I just received our GCMS notes a few days ago and here's what's written.

Under "ASSESSMENTS", it says:
Eligibility: In Progress
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Not Started
Medical: Passed

Under "PAPER FILE":
Office: Manila
(xxxfile numberxxx)

APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT:
Assigned to: xxxx
Assigned by: xxxx
Due Date: 2016/05/03

And under "ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT" here's what's written.
(some info about case #/name/etc)
Type: Eligibility
Version: 2010-06
Conditional: Yes
Status updated Date: 2016/03/17
Due date: 2017/01/21

Under "SECURITY" & "CRIMINALITY" (same info)
Status updated date: 2016/01/17
Due Date: 2016/02/15

After a few pages:
ACTIVITY 1
(info on application)
Activity Type: Eligibility
Field Name: Status
New Value: Recommend Passed
Updated date: 2016/03/17

Under the notes section I read the following:

On April 1 they noted that they received my additional document on Mar 23. It was requested on Mar 17. My additional document was the Certificate of No Marriage (Cenomar) from the Phil. Statistics Authority. They also sent me an acknowledgment for this on April 19 since I emailed them.

The 3rd note was regarding the initial review of my eligibility. Here's what's written: INITIAL REVIEW: FC1. Same-sex. Married/in a relationship within last 2 years. - No eligible deps. Legally free to marry/valid marriage - ID sufficiently established. - Nothing to flag at this time. - Medical passed. - No adverse FOSS record.- Previous record: (trv app number)-refused. - NBI + other required polcerts - clean PA and SPR met via social media in 2012. Met for the first time in the Philippines on 2013/01/15. SPR visited PA 3x over the course of the relationship. Both families knew about their relationship. Primary applicant and SPR got married in Auckland, New Zealand. AOR sent. Request for Cenomar.

Other notes are that our sponsorship was approved on 01/23/2016 and other details regarding my spouse. They noted also for PA: Visitor Visa refusal: (trv app number) case locked in 2015/11/19 forwarded to vo for processing.

Here are the details of our application.

Our file was received Nov 11, 2015. On the gcms, it says they transferred our file to Manila VO on Jan 23,2016. On our ECAS it says:

Permanent Residence

1. We received xx's application for permanent residence on Nov 19, 2015.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application on on March 17, 2016.
3. We started processing xx's application on February 2, 2016.
4. Medical results have been received.

--

I apologize for the length of the post. I'd just like to ask what the location means. Also I noticed that the due date is still 2017. What does that mean? I know they usually change it from time to time so does that mean I could get a PPR soon? Also I had a previous trv refusal. I declared this and even gave them the exact reasons written in my refusal letter. Will this be a cause for delay? I was refused on the following grounds: no strong family ties, financial and personal assets, as well as my employment.

Overall are my notes positive? Hope you can answer me. Thank you in advance and thanks for all your help to us members of the forum.
Hello acfajardo,

I just did the right thing to post your concern in the open since I stop responding people privately unless I want to deal with you in private.

1. I'd just like to ask what the location means
R. I have no idea what is the location here

2. Also I noticed that the due date is still 2017.
R. Due date has nothing to do with the processing speed. You should worry about that.

3. Also I had a previous trv refusal
R. I don't see any issue if you did not hid any information to CIC about it,. The TRV refusal has nothing to do with your PR, specially after you disclosed that to CIC.

Yes your NOTES ARE POSITIVE. Your eligibility is almost complete which is the back bone of the entire application. Just hang in there for everything to be finalized.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Hi Eagle,

My notes say my file was transferred- reason eligibility.

The eligibility still says not started

And paper file says Registry PS.

Any thought?

acfajardo

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-01-2016 SA: 25-01-2016 AOR2 Email: 17-03-2016
File Transfer...
02-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
Eagle333 said:
Hello acfajardo,

I just did the right thing to post your concern in the open since I stop responding people privately unless I want to deal with you in private.

1. I'd just like to ask what the location means
R. I have no idea what is the location here

2. Also I noticed that the due date is still 2017.
R. Due date has nothing to do with the processing speed. You should worry about that.

3. Also I had a previous trv refusal
R. I don't see any issue if you did not hid any information to CIC about it,. The TRV refusal has nothing to do with your PR, specially after you disclosed that to CIC.

Yes your NOTES ARE POSITIVE. Your eligibility is almost complete which is the back bone of the entire application. Just hang in there for everything to be finalized.
Thanks Eagle! You're really a valuable member of this forum. Truly appreciate your response! :)

khurram arif

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
Pakistan rawalpindi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
FEB 2016
AOR Received.
04 Feb 2014
File Transfer...
26 Feb 2014
Med's Request
SEP 2015
Med's Done....
OCT 2015
Interview........
JAN 2016
Passport Req..
InshahAllah
VISA ISSUED...
InshahAllah
LANDED..........
InshahAllah
Hi,
I am going to apply gcms notes but I am confused to fill a consent form in section(a) applicant (me) have to put his name & sign and in section(b) sponsor (wife) put her name & sign
but in section (c) I don't know what I have put please help me out there
thank you very much

BonManush

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Sep-2015
AOR Received.
13-Nov-2015, SA: 27-Nov-2015, AOR2: 01-Dec-2015
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2015
Med's Request
06-Jun-2016 (re-medical)
Med's Done....
06-Jun-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-Jul-2016
LANDED..........
14-Aug-2016
khurram arif said:
Hi,
I am going to apply gcms notes but I am confused to fill a consent form in section(a) applicant (me) have to put his name & sign and in section(b) sponsor (wife) put her name & sign
but in section (c) I don't know what I have put please help me out there
thank you very much
Section A is Applicant and Section C is Sponsor.

ouat2015

Aug 1, 2015
Hi,

Application Filed July 27, 2015 after Aor 2 theres been no update whatsoever, waiting for my turn patiently I guess.

I have one question;
Without request we had send additional documents in March 2016 of my visit to my husband(including some impending rituals and our wedding reception <as we only had at home reception last year due to my father not being able to attend last year> ) and today I got GCMS notes ordered on May 14/16 (NOTHING STARTED). In the notes, it doesn't say that they received additional documents from March. We did to avoid the wait of 2-3 months after adr. Does anybody know why it doesn't show in GCMS notes and if I should send those pictures again to avoid "Review needed" for Eligibility. Any thoughts from experience and knowledge of senior members (Eagle33)?

Thank you kindly, in advance, for your time and help

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ouat2015 said:
Hi,

Application Filed July 27, 2015 after Aor 2 theres been no update whatsoever, waiting for my turn patiently I guess.

I have one question;
Without request we had send additional documents in March 2016 of my visit to my husband(including some impending rituals and our wedding reception <as we only had at home reception last year due to my father not being able to attend last year> ) and today I got GCMS notes ordered on May 14/16 (NOTHING STARTED). In the notes, it doesn't say that they received additional documents from March. We did to avoid the wait of 2-3 months after adr. Does anybody know why it doesn't show in GCMS notes and if I should send those pictures again to avoid "Review needed" for Eligibility. Any thoughts from experience and knowledge of senior members (Eagle33)?

Thank you kindly, in advance, for your time and help
I am very curious to have a look in your GCMS notes if you don't mind.