+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS notes show approval of permit 2 months before first stage approval

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
Finally received GCMS notes - 26/8 applied so took almost a month which was not a surprise given the frustrations this forum exposes amongst applicants.
Applied study permit 22/5 for 4 year degree
Biometrics completed 17/6
Permit approved 22/6!!! That is 5 days after the last piece of evidence was provided in the form of fingerprints.

First stage received triggered by webform confirmed in notes 18/8
All other webforms were ignored and left unanswered.
Time for another webform, to ask how first stage approval claiming lack of evidence can be sent 2 months after GCMS notes confirm the permit passed all eligibility and approved for issue, actual POE letter on hold, so it takes one key stroke to email that out.
I'm disappointed the decision to ignore the webforms.
Although the application was nominated for London IRCC, the application was processed in Edmonton.

Reactions: Tete

AliAhmad1090

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Could your share your GCMS notes assessment section and VO notes at the end? From which country you applied and country of residence??

computerscience23

Jul 4, 2020
That's a clear sign that they are holding stage 2 approvals on purpose. They will start issuing full approvals once travel restrictions are lifted.

yxjason

Oct 5, 2019
Finally received GCMS notes - 26/8 applied so took almost a month which was not a surprise given the frustrations this forum exposes amongst applicants.
Permit approved 22/6!!! That is 5 days after the last piece of evidence was provided in the form of fingerprints.

Time for another webform, to ask how first stage approval claiming lack of evidence can be sent 2 months after GCMS notes confirm the permit passed all eligibility and approved for issue, actual POE letter on hold, so it takes one key stroke to email that out.
Although the application was nominated for London IRCC, the application was processed in Edmonton.
When did u apply and where?

Tete

Jun 26, 2017
Egypt
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
23-06-2020
Passport Req..
20-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2020
Congratulations! I ordered GCMS notes a few days ago.. Let's hope for some good news.

Sep 15, 2020
That's a clear sign that they are holding stage 2 approvals on purpose. They will start issuing full approvals once travel restrictions are lifted.
But didn’t they say that they will try issue full approval as soon as possible so we can travel immediately after the lifting of restrictions?

nmp98

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Congratulations on your approval!

I applied on 16/5 and submitted biometrics on 22/7. I haven't heard back from the IRCC yet. Should I order GCMS notes?

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
When did u apply and where?
Applied 22/5 via London, all complete except biometrics done 17/6, so approved 5 days after submitting biometrics, just now on hold for issue.

The most annoying bit is the webforms were ignored so the to do some more, given this is in person classes being missed.

AliAhmad1090

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Applied 22/5 via London, all complete except biometrics done 17/6, so approved 5 days after submitting biometrics, just now on hold for issue.

The most annoying bit is the webforms were ignored so the to do some more, given this is in person classes being missed.
Any update on your file? or response to your webform?

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020

So you have been issued aip and not the study pemit? But your gcms note state you have been approved for study permit, why would IRCC withhold this information for 3 months?

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
So you have been issued aip and not the study pemit? But your gcms note state you have been approved for study permit, why would IRCC withhold this information for 3 months?
The approval is on hold and POE cannot be issued, same as any other applicant whose permit was approved but cannot receive and POE letter. Remember that first stage approval did not come into being until late July or early August (sorry cannot remember exact timing), so any applicant whose permit had already been approved but was not issued with approval in form of POE was then given this first stage approval status. Until the POE is sent through GCkey, no travel is not allowed and not sure I'd want my daughter going via US as she'd have to stay 14 days out of Schengen and in a country the US allows entries from to enter Canada that way, would prefer the 18th March rule were modified for students with in person classes currently prevented from studying, so they can finally do their studies.

yxjason

Oct 5, 2019
Have u contacted with IRCC to ask when will
The approval is on hold and POE cannot be issued, same as any other applicant whose permit was approved but cannot receive and POE letter. Remember that first stage approval did not come into being until late July or early August (sorry cannot remember exact timing), so any applicant whose permit had already been approved but was not issued with approval in form of POE was then given this first stage approval status. Until the POE is sent through GCkey, no travel is not allowed and not sure I'd want my daughter going via US as she'd have to stay 14 days out of Schengen and in a country the US allows entries from to enter Canada that way, would prefer the 18th March rule were modified for students with in person classes currently prevented from studying, so they can finally do their studies.
Have u contacted with IRCC to ask when will ur poe be released?

Tete

Jun 26, 2017
Egypt
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
23-06-2020
Passport Req..
20-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2020
I think they have some sort of a predetermined date on which they will start processing SP finalizations and that date might be a bit far. I previously predicted that final decisions may start rolling out by the 27th of this month but I was wrong. Now I think they will most likely come out by the end of November.