+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS notes - Question

cic8888

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
hi, I am writing this for my friend who applied in Mar 2010. Everytime he called CIC they keep saying they are waiting for security clearance. in his GCMS notes we saw as below. please answer my questions especially # 1 - what are certificates? is it a citizenship? if yes it was printed in 2010 but no calls yet?

#2, 3 & 5 (seems CPC Ottawa has to send it - it is taking from 2010) - one good news is there is an update in Mar 2014. please reply and point to any other note that needs to be looked at to get the exact status. thanks

1. type: certificate preparation (in Dec 2010)

type:create citizenship certificate (in Dec 2010)

type: send citizenship certificate to local CIC (in Dec 2010)

2. type: CSIS Clearance (in Nov 2010)

3. type: FOSS Clearance (in Sep 2012)

4. type: Request Immigration Clearance (in Nov 2011)

5. type: Request QRC Verification (in Nov 2011)

6. type: RCMP Clearance (in Mar 2014)

7. type: Request Criminal Clearance (in Mar 2014)

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CSIS clearance is always left blank.

I've never heard of QRC though.

What is the local office? Ottawa? I'm trying to figure out if QRC could be a French acronym.

As for advice, I recommend that your friend contact their MP and have their staff make an inquiry to CIC. Sometimes MPs can get more information. The delay is pretty extreme at this point, so the inquiry is well justified.

As a side note: In response to the "But MPs can't/won't do anything! My MP is a powerless Liberal/NDP backbencher...Or my MP is a Tory and could care less...So let's all be as quiet as possible because otherwise CIC will punish us for speaking up because immigrants don't deserve to have a say!" comments that may follow:
1. Bull****.
2. An inquiry to an MP will never cause any harm (unless you threaten the MP or tell them you're a fraud or something),
3. MPs can get information as to whether a judge's hearing is scheduled,
4. The MPs staff can help translate what things mean (example: QRC required)
5. Complaints to MPs help and have helped create the political pressure to speed up processing. Even Tories. Every party needs the immigrant vote to win. Don't convince yourself of your own powerlessness.

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eileenf said:
I've never heard of QRC though.

What is the local office? Ottawa? I'm trying to figure out if QRC could be a French acronym.
QRC stands for Query Response Centre, which is the organization a person applies to if they have lost their landing document and needs a replacement. So, perhaps the details of the OP's PR and landing are being checked.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alphazip said:
QRC stands for Query Response Centre, which is the organization a person applies to if they have lost their landing document and needs a replacement. So, perhaps the details of the OP's PR and landing are being checked.
Thanks Alphazip! I should have googled...

Cic8888- Did the applicant lose their landing documents? Or any other documents?

cic8888

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
thanks to you both.
Hi his nationality is SRILANKA.
and he contacted MP twice once in 2012 & 2013 - both times they responded as "we are waiting for security clearance - files looks good". actually we saw this in his GCMS notes (MP name and agent responded etc).
so from notes, may be are they waiting for FOSS clearance? also I have seen a place holder for Judge hearing required etc. do you think it is because he is not yet given a test?
thanks

isilrion

May 25, 2012
cic8888 said:
thanks to you both.
and he contacted MP twice once in 2012 & 2013 - both times they responded as "we are waiting for security clearance - files looks good". actually we saw this in his GCMS notes (MP name and agent responded etc).
so from notes, may be are they waiting for FOSS clearance? also I have seen a place holder for Judge hearing required etc. do you think it is because he is not yet given a test?
thanks
May I ask, how do you contact your MP? Do you send a letter? (Do you have a template that you have used?). I am not planning on contacting mine in the foreseeable future, but it's good to have information.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cic8888 said:
thanks to you both.
thanks
I think another inquiry is in order. The applicant has been waiting almost 5 years. 3 years of security clearances is not reasonable.

The applicant should probably consider laying the groundwork for a mandamus suit. 4-5 years is not likely to be deemed "reasonable" by a judge.

But the question remains: What documents did the applicant lose? Landing documents? Any passports? Or was it a name change?
Lost passports can lead to particularly long delays.

cic8888

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Hi Eileen,
he didn't loose any documents. He came to Canada in 2002 as a refugee and then he got his PR in 2005. apart from that his travel document and landing paper are all with him.
I think being a refugee does not delay his application now. (I mean after PR).
also, if you want to me to check any specific field from GCMS notes, please let me know - this is 16 pages so could not put all here.
thanks again for your time

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cic8888 said:
Hi Eileen,
he didn't loose any documents. He came to Canada in 2002 as a refugee and then he got his PR in 2005. apart from that his travel document and landing paper are all with him.
I think being a refugee does not delay his application now. (I mean after PR).
also, if you want to me to check any specific field from GCMS notes, please let me know - this is 16 pages so could not put all here.
thanks again for your time
Typically the applications for people who came here as refugees don't take any longer to process. The only issue is if your friend traveled back to the country they sought refuge from at some point. Even for short periods or emergency situations, this can be considered re-availment of the protection of the government they sought refuge from and can be grounds for cessation proceedings. If that is the case your friend needs to contact a refugee lawyer ASAP since it can put their status in Canada at risk (until they are granted citizenship). If your friend is in Ontario, there are a lot of options such as the Refugee Law Office or the neighbourhood legal clinics.

cic8888

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
thanks again!
he has never been to his home country after he landed here. and yes he is from Ontario and his local office is Scarborough.

shakeel7

Star Member
Sep 28, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All:

Which options to select in ATIP request to get GCMS notes for TRV rejection reasons?

cic8888 said:
could some one help? thanks

moti

Oct 24, 2012
He should send a case specific inquiry/question to cic from CIC website . He may be able to get specific answer to his question. contact MP again through e-mail as well.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.58139875.830427746.1420655840