+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

gcms notes physical presence

CDN1234

Jun 25, 2019
Hi I am trying to interpret the gcms notes' physical presence section. According to the gcms notes, it says my physical presence number of days is significantly different from what I had calculated. Their calculation does not make me ineligible. Should I be concerned? Is their calculation accurate or considered as the "official" number? FYI, I've only received the AOR and nothing is completed.

azammdr

Sep 8, 2021
Hi I am trying to interpret the gcms notes' physical presence section. According to the gcms notes, it says my physical presence number of days is significantly different from what I had calculated. Their calculation does not make me ineligible. Should I be concerned? Is their calculation accurate or considered as the "official" number? FYI, I've only received the AOR and nothing is completed.
no, i donot think so

justanotherguy28

Star Member
Sep 28, 2021
If their number is still over the minimum requirement, you don't have a lot to worry about.

Is their number very close to 1095? For instance, 1100 or 1110, something like that? If that's the case, I'd proactively look at or gather documents that prove my residency and more importantly, about the specific trips that are causing the difference between yours and theirs (if it's possible to identify them based on the difference in number of days).

If they come back and ask you to clarify your calculation and you happen to have these documents handy, you can just send them right away and avoid further delays.

This is the list of documents IRCC thinks are credible evidence of physical presence:
https://residencequestionnaire.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/cit_520-e.pdf
(found this link on Google, if you're downloading the pdf, do so at your own risk).

It's not particularly time consuming or cost prohibitive to apply for or gather these documents (even though it might take a while to receive them on demand).

Again, this is completely a personal preference if want to keep these documents ready or not.

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
**Bumping this post up to see if anyone has a similar experience or knows about it. **

I also noticed this today in my GCMS notes. I compared the physical presence numbers in my citizenship application file (which are correct) with what I can see in GCMS notes and there is a difference. Basically, the difference is exactly the days I spent in the US after becoming Canadian PR.
For example, if I became Canadian PR in Jan 2019 but I moved here in Jan, 2020, GCMS notes is adding the year 2019 days (365) to my physical presence number. Let us say instead of showing 1120, it is showing 1485 (1120+365) as the physical presence number.

Not sure if I should take any action for it or maybe IRCC's calculation just "okayed" the presence at a point calculating backward where one meets the condition for 1095 days.