+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS Note received. Need advice for SOP

Nhatha9x

Aug 18, 2020
Hello guys,
Just received GCMS Note this morning. This is what VO note:

"The applicant has indicated a desire to switch from logistics/supply chain management to IT studies. The applicant has failed to satisfy me that pursuing the selected program of study is reasonable given the high cost of international study in Canada when weighed against the potential career/employment benefits after completion, and the local options available for similar studies. See LOA. Therefore, I am not satisfied that the applicant would be a bona fide student in Canada who will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay. Application refused."

What should I add in my SOP? Please give me your advices.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Why do you want to change fields now? What are the job prospects in your home country like for IT graduates? Why is studying in Canada worthwhile and preferable to studying at home where costs are lower? Will employers there want to hire you because of your Canadian credential?

If you can clearly answer these questions, then you have a good SOP.

Nhatha9x

Aug 18, 2020
Why do you want to change fields now? What are the job prospects in your home country like for IT graduates? Why is studying in Canada worthwhile and preferable to studying at home where costs are lower? Will employers there want to hire you because of your Canadian credential?

If you can clearly answer these questions, then you have a good SOP.
Thank you for your reply.

Actually, I don't know how to convince VO.

Is it possible to mention that I will apply for PGWP to work for 2-3 years and then come back to my country? Will the VO accept that?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Thank you for your reply.

Actually, I don't know how to convince VO.

Is it possible to mention that I will apply for PGWP to work for 2-3 years and then come back to my country? Will the VO accept that?
No, you absolutely should not say that you want to stay in Canada after graduation.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hello guys,
Just received GCMS Note this morning. This is what VO note:

"The applicant has indicated a desire to switch from logistics/supply chain management to IT studies. The applicant has failed to satisfy me that pursuing the selected program of study is reasonable given the high cost of international study in Canada when weighed against the potential career/employment benefits after completion, and the local options available for similar studies. See LOA. Therefore, I am not satisfied that the applicant would be a bona fide student in Canada who will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay. Application refused."

What should I add in my SOP? Please give me your advices.
It has nothing to do with your sop.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
The SOP alone doesn't decide the application but a good one can help a borderline case and address specific concerns raised by the VO. Of course OP also needs to improve other aspects of their application in addition to their SOP.

Reactions: wonderbly