+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS NOTE ABOUT CRIMINALITY

Fsl992

Mar 1, 2019
Hi all,
I submitted my application over 6 months ago (within Canada - CEC) and decided to get a copy of my file. The last note on my file had me a little worried.
The note is:
Label: Adm/criminality
“AGENT REVIEW - POLICE CERTIFICATES OFFICER: FOR REVIEW PC FROM PAKISTAN CRIMINALITY NOT PASSED”.

Now this note was entered over 45 days ago and I still have not received an email from IRCC with an update. The current status of my application is “reviewing eligibility”. I’m wondering if my PC did not pass, shouldn’t my application be refused by now? Should I be worried about that note? Is “NOT PASSED” not the same as failed here? Could it mean they are still doing background check? I have never committed any crime and I don’t know why my police certificate won’t pass.

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vegreville-Ottawa-Sydney-Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
did you submit latest PC?

you should not have any problem with criminality if you applied in CEC stream that too within Canada..

have you tried calling CIC? Maybe speak with an agent and it might help you.. Good luck!

Fsl992

Mar 1, 2019
Hi, I've the same message in my notes. Did you get any update from CIC?
No update as of yet. It’s been over 6 months since that note and unfortunately, they have not made any new notes yet. I have a feeling that they will request a new police certificate.

nomiabid94

Feb 10, 2019
I received my notes today and my eligibility has been met while Criminality is in progress. I've the same message in the notes. Since I was in Canada, so I received an authorization letter from the Pakistani embassy and I authorized my brother to get the Police certificate on my behalf in Pakistan. I believe the reason why the officer might have an objection on this PCC is because it states "Issued in the absence of applicant". So, now I'm thinking of getting my PCC attested from the Foreign Ministry in Pakistan and then I'll get it attested from the Pakistani embassy as well. I'll send them the attested PCC via web form. I hope that should work.

Fsl992

Mar 1, 2019
I received my notes today and my eligibility has been met while Criminality is in progress. I've the same message in the notes. Since I was in Canada, so I received an authorization letter from the Pakistani embassy and I authorized my brother to get the Police certificate on my behalf in Pakistan. I believe the reason why the officer might have an objection on this PCC is because it states "Issued in the absence of applicant". So, now I'm thinking of getting my PCC attested from the Foreign Ministry in Pakistan and then I'll get it attested from the Pakistani embassy as well. I'll send them the attested PCC via web form. I hope that should work.
That’s interesting but they can not expect us to go to Pakistan to get police certificate. I submitted my application on Aug 10, 2018.

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vegreville-Ottawa-Sydney-Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
hm.. I hope they dont ask me for any docs like that.. that would be difficult

mahesh.sqa

Mar 16, 2020
I too have this note in GCMS notes "CRIMINALITY NOT PASSED" - so trying to understand what happened for cases with similar notes?
Overall application status is in progress
Eligibility: Passed
Criminality: In progress

In one of the agent review notes, around 4 months back, it was marked as CRIMINALITY NOT PASSED, please review.

Nov 4, 2020
I too have this note in GCMS notes "CRIMINALITY NOT PASSED" - so trying to understand what happened for cases with similar notes?
Overall application status is in progress
Eligibility: Passed
Criminality: In progress

In one of the agent review notes, around 4 months back, it was marked as CRIMINALITY NOT PASSED, please review.
What is the outcome for your criminality not passed status?