+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS mentions communications that never happened

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
How common is it that GCMS mentions letters that were never delivered? My notes now mentions that I was asked for upfront medicals and PCC when there was never any communication about it. I almost cry reading these notes.. months of no communication and then the notes show this...

My notes that were generated 7/12 and only delivered 9/12. What's wrong with CIC?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Have you checked your spam folder for emails from CIC?

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Have you checked your spam folder for emails from CIC?
Countless times. Online they said I had messages and never could read them. Asked them countless times about those messages and never got a reply. At any rate, this would have been a letter that should have arrived shortly after the SA letter.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
How common is it that GCMS mentions letters that were never delivered? My notes now mentions that I was asked for upfront medicals and PCC when there was never any communication about it. I almost cry reading these notes.. months of no communication and then the notes show this...

My notes that were generated 7/12 and only delivered 9/12. What's wrong with CIC?
I am beyond the crying stage now ... I am just numb these days as I have resigned myself to the fact that this process is going to take way longer than I planned and that I have to stop putting things on hold in hopes that my partner will be with me anytime soon.

I had the same thing happen. I ordered my first set of GCMS notes on June 11. They did miraculously come in one month's time. There I discovered that RCMP fingerprinting was requested with a due date of April 1, 2017. Neither my partner nor I received a request. I was anticipating the request for months as my partner lived in Canada for a period of 1 year. We had the documents ordered (again was an ordeal to obtain as you have to find out where to go to get fingerprints in a foreign company and then having to send them to a third party to digitize and then off to the RCMP and then back to me .... waiting to be sent to the VO). I received my notes on July 11 and when I saw the request on the notes, I promptly emailed the VO to ask if they wanted the fingerprint search results. 4 days later, without apology or explanation, they sent a request for the fingerprint certificate.

I was upset for a while as 3 months of processing time was probably wasted (they were waiting for the documents but it never came as no request was sent... I think because my background check was started in mississauga back in March and when they sent the file to VO in Mexico, there was not follow-up to see if the request was sent). Being angry was not going to recuperate the time lost processing our app ... I have no control over the inefficiencies in the process, so I told myself not to waste my energy in pent up anger. I know there are still obstacles like this one still to come before this process is over. Now I am waiting for my next set of notes to come and I see that I might have to wait another month as I am sure they will not respond to my email asking what the delay in sending out my notes is. Nothing you or any of us can do about this process, unfortunately you have to just take whatever steps you can when you find out that things like requests were not sent out and should have been.

Contact your VO if you have not done so and ask if they need the documents mentioned in the notes and say you never got the request. Better to get this done late than never. Good luck and hang in there!

SeineToHumber

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Sounds like the type of things newspapers might be interested in.

Just this week this story ran in the The Star:

"Customer service a new concept for Canada’s Immigration Department"

I guess they're still learning about it.

Article contains many baffling points. You have to read it to believe it.

Written by Nicholas Keung
  • nkeung@thestar.ca
    "Nicholas Keung writes about immigration, refugee, migrant and diversity issues. He can be reached at 416-869-4577."

Last edited:

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Sounds like the type of things newspapers might be interested in.

Just this week this story ran in the The Star:

"Customer service a new concept for Canada’s Immigration Department"

I guess they're still learning about it.

Article contains many baffling points. You have to read it to believe it.

Written by Nicholas Keung
  • nkeung@thestar.ca
    "Nicholas Keung writes about immigration, refugee, migrant and diversity issues. He can be reached at 416-869-4577."
Tell Nicholas Keung to read the posts here on this forum, interview people here and write a part 2 to the article. He should also mention how immigration Canada plays god with the lives of so many people waiting to get into this country patiently to have a life with their loved ones, while their relationships go down the toilet if they can't be with their spouses and children for the 12 months they are apart. Can you tell I'm having a bad day, not knowing when the heck I am going to receive my overdue GCMS notes?! LOL

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
This is scary...
Talks volumes on the commitment... But then, I understand CIC is not there to sit and provide PRs/Visas/Citizenships to all those who ask.... and that CIC is not one of the main departments of Canada govt. But still, as users of the service, who pays the fees as instructed, we all have a minimum expectation, which the CIC folks should be fulfilling... at least for the salary they draw...