+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gckey - WES Cross verification

Karran Oberoi

Star Member
Oct 8, 2018
Hello friends...
I have recently submitted my file in the pool through my agent. But I have a problem with my ECA through WES.

Initially, I have done B. Com
And WES Result is....
Bachelors Degree (4 years)
through Recognized institution

Secondly, I have done 2 years MBA from a well known university in India.
But the strange WES result is....
2 years of Post Secondary Study from a Non-recognized institution
Remarks: this credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential.

Here is where the story starts....

My agent has updated the second credential also on the gckey despite WES saying that It is from a non recognized university. My agent says that the gckey does not ask anywhere in the form that the institution is recognized or not.

This has resulted in gckey awarding me points for "Two or more certificates....."

My agent also said that it asks about the WES reference number and he has mentioned the same.

My agent has more than 15 years experience in immigration business and he is really confident that he has done the job in the correct manner and there is no misrepresentation. He also states that he has received positive results in similar cases earlier.

I am still doubtful on this because every where on the internet it says that credentials of non recognized institutions are not considered.

My agent is confident that GCKEY has awarded me points automatically on the basis of WES Reference number. Does the portal cross verify the WES certificate automatically from reference number? Or, will it verify the WES results after my ITA or AOR?

If anyone can answer this question with confirmed information then it will give a clarification. I think if mistake in education details is verified automatically before ITA then the points will be reduced accordingly. But any such unintentional mistakes found after ITA will be termed as misrepresentations.

Please Help!

Last edited:

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hello friends...
I have recently submitted my file in the pool through my agent. But I have a problem with my ECA through WES.

Initially, I have done B. Com
And WES Result is....
Bachelors Degree (4 years)
through Recognized institution

Secondly, I have done 2 years MBA from a well known university in India.
But the strange WES result is....
2 years of Post Secondary Study from a Non-recognized institution
Remarks: this credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential.

Here is where the story starts....

My agent has updated the second credential also on the gckey despite WES saying that It is from a non recognized university. My agent says that the gckey does not ask anywhere in the form that the institution is recognized or not.

This has resulted in gckey awarding me points for "Two or more certificates....."

My agent also said that it asks about the WES reference number and he has mentioned the same.

My agent has more than 15 years experience in immigration business and he is really confident that he has done the job in the correct manner and there is no misrepresentation. He also states that he has received positive results in similar cases earlier.

I am still doubtful on this because every where on the internet it says that credentials of non recognized institutions are not considered.

My agent is confident that GCKEY has awarded me points automatically on the basis of WES Reference number. Does the portal cross verify the WES certificate automatically from reference number? Or, will it verify the WES results after my ITA or AOR?

If anyone can answer this question with confirmed information then it will give a clarification. I think if mistake in education details is verified automatically before ITA then the points will be reduced accordingly. But any such unintentional mistakes found after ITA will be termed as misrepresentations.

Please Help!
Okay, I think your agent screwed up a bit. That's why I always tell people to do this process by themselves. Agents are only driven by their pay, and don't give your application enough scrutiny to spot mistakes.

You are not entitled to points for your MBA, as WES does not give Canadian equivalency.
Be that as it may, I don't think it counts as misrepresentation. I think VO will see you don't have equivalency for your MBA, and will therefore reduce your CRS points to just the level of Bachelor's Degree. But honestly, it depends on his/her mood. While some might reject the whole application right away, others may be more lenient and just take some points away from you.
However, if the consequence of this point reduction makes you fall below the cut-off, application will most certainly be rejected.

The ECA check isn't done automatically. Visa officer will pull out your ECA and do the checks.

Reactions: tobs

Imran_114

Dec 17, 2018
Dear Friends,

I also received a similar e-mail from WES that they have sent the document back to my University (Alagappa University). Now Alagappay university needs to respond back to WES and for that my university needs a payment. After repeated emailing to the university there has been no response. I am living currently in saudi arabia and I have no acquaintences in the vicinity of my university. Can you please advice me what to do now.
Thanks in advance.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Dear Friends,

I also received a similar e-mail from WES that they have sent the document back to my University (Alagappa University). Now Alagappay university needs to respond back to WES and for that my university needs a payment. After repeated emailing to the university there has been no response. I am living currently in saudi arabia and I have no acquaintences in the vicinity of my university. Can you please advice me what to do now.
Thanks in advance.
If your university doesn't play ball, you'll have to find a way to make them move.
Can you go there and talk to them? Or maybe just call them?
WES won't move a finger until the university replies to them...

Imran_114

Dec 17, 2018
Dear Friends,

Thanks in advance.
Now i am in a situation, where the university says they haven't received any email or post from WES but WES says that they have sent photocopies of my documents both by e-mail and regular postal service. Some of my friends who are also facing same problem have suggested to me to ask the University to send a fresh transcript directly to WES & wait for a favourable action of accepting my credential, while some other friends advice me to ask WES through which email they sent the email & to which email ID of iniversity, so by this way we can ask university to check the email (if they cant track it). Then hope fully university can respond to WES.
I am really in very bad situation and I dont know what to do. Can the experts here advice me please?
I shall be highly indebted to u guys. Thanks....