+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCKey for dependents and visitor visa application

rayrayray

Sep 23, 2016
Hi, I am wondering if someone can help me with putting in a visitor visa application for my 2 children who are 1 and 4. I am not sure how to put in a new application for just the 2 of them using my IRCC account. I already have application processed to come to canada and would like them to visit me. Do my kids need their own individual GCKeys/IRCC account?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi, I am wondering if someone can help me with putting in a visitor visa application for my 2 children who are 1 and 4. I am not sure how to put in a new application for just the 2 of them using my IRCC account. I already have application processed to come to canada and would like them to visit me. Do my kids need their own individual GCKeys/IRCC account?
You can apply for them through your account. Just start a new application the same way you did when you applied for yours. In the questionnaire you would indicate that they are accompanying someone who has study permit already and for their visitor's visa type, you will select "other". Each child will have their own application checklist created for them.

chingkaykik

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
hello..same question. I am already here in Canada. I want to apply for my child's visit visa using my gc key account. But when I was doing it, it always includes mine. I dont need to apply for myself as I am already here in Canada and i want only to apply for my child. Please help. Thank you.

rayrayray

Sep 23, 2016
hello..same question. I am already here in Canada. I want to apply for my child's visit visa using my gc key account. But when I was doing it, it always includes mine. I dont need to apply for myself as I am already here in Canada and i want only to apply for my child. Please help. Thank you.
Hi, we ended up using the new online portal to apply for their visa.

chingkaykik

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
How can we apply for them through ircc portal? Im just confised how to do it since I am apready here in Canada..thank you