+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gay COUPLE IN DUBAI - how to be together in Canada SOONEST?

Paul29

Jan 25, 2015
Hi
Just to give a background on our situation, I am gay and i have a partner who has a Permanent Resident status. We met 2011 in Dubai, he was still waiting for the result of his immigrant visa application then. I also tried applying as an immigrant (federal skilled worker) but my application didn't push through. The agency told me that there were no job openings for my field (Graphic Designer/ Visual Merchandiser).
On 2012 he completed his landing in Ontario and went back to Dubai. He got his permanent resident card the same year and now he has to move to Canada permanently in order to retain his status.
We've been living together for 3years and we couldn't imagine a life apart from each other. Please advice on how I could move to Canada the soonest possible time and suggest on the BEST OPTION AND THE FASTEST WAY i could be there. We have read about TRV, Spouse sponsorship, student visa, working visa, but we are not sure which one would work on our case ..
Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

-Paul

Paul29

Jan 25, 2015
Hello..
Anybody here who could shed a little light in our problem?
Your input will be greatly appreciated...

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
TRV would be fastest. Your partner could then sponsor you for PR from inside Canada. This assumes your partner meets the PR residency requirement. This also assumes you did not live together for a year or more before he originally came to Canada and became a PR.

Paul29

Jan 25, 2015
Yes, he has ample time to meet the RO requirement.
Can you elaborate on this:

scylla said:
This also assumes you did not live together for a year or more before he originally came to Canada and became a PR.

We've been living together since August 2012 here in Dubai. He got his PR card December 2012.. Could this be a problem when I apply for a TRV?

When can he start the application for sponsorship? Does this require years of residency, certain salary bracket, etc.?

Paul29

Jan 25, 2015
Hi scylla, can you Please elaborate on you statement:

scylla said:
This also assumes you did not live together for a year or more before he originally came to Canada and became a PR.

We've been living together since August 2012 here in Dubai. He got his PR card December 2012.. Could this be a problem when I apply for a TRV?

When can he start the application for sponsorship? Does this require years of residency, certain salary bracket, etc.?

Thank you

AlieninVancouver

Apr 16, 2017
Rwanda
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Tanzania
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-06-2017
Passport Req..
07-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2017
Hi
Just to give a background on our situation, I am gay and i have a partner who has a Permanent Resident status. We met 2011 in Dubai, he was still waiting for the result of his immigrant visa application then. I also tried applying as an immigrant (federal skilled worker) but my application didn't push through. The agency told me that there were no job openings for my field (Graphic Designer/ Visual Merchandiser).
On 2012 he completed his landing in Ontario and went back to Dubai. He got his permanent resident card the same year and now he has to move to Canada permanently in order to retain his status.
We've been living together for 3years and we couldn't imagine a life apart from each other. Please advice on how I could move to Canada the soonest possible time and suggest on the BEST OPTION AND THE FASTEST WAY i could be there. We have read about TRV, Spouse sponsorship, student visa, working visa, but we are not sure which one would work on our case ..
Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

-Paul
Hi Paul,

Its been 3 years since your post and I hope you found a solution. Incase you are not yet in Canada, please proceed with your application as a PR, I am a designer and I worked as an Art Director for a few years. I applied under NOC 0124 and my application was approved. I didn't use an agency for my application and now reading your post, I suspect I might have been told the same thing.

Please update us on if you have been successful and now already in Canada.

Best wishes,

-PK