+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gap in studies to apply for PGWP

aniketsaab

May 26, 2021
Hi there,
I completed my 8 months of study and had full time status. My program started in september 2020 and completed my study in april 2021. I cleared all of my courses but my GPA is below 2.0 due to which i have to retake 2 or 3 courses in september 2021. I was told by the student advisor that retaking courses in september 2021 will create a gap in my studies and will lead to refusal in PGWP.
But the gap was created by the college they don't offer online or distance learning courses for my program. Should i try to apply for PGWP after retaking courses or should i take another program instead. Moreover, my college is not issuing me completion letter. And also my study permit is expiring on 30 july 2021 how can i extend it? Is there any other document i can use right now or when appling PGWP after redoing courses in september. Please help me out with this.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there,
I completed my 8 months of study and had full time status. My program started in september 2020 and completed my study in april 2021. I cleared all of my courses but my GPA is below 2.0 due to which i have to retake 2 or 3 courses in september 2021. I was told by the student advisor that retaking courses in september 2021 will create a gap in my studies and will lead to refusal in PGWP.
But the gap was created by the college they don't offer online or distance learning courses for my program. Should i try to apply for PGWP after retaking courses or should i take another program instead. Moreover, my college is not issuing me completion letter. And also my study permit is expiring on 30 july 2021 how can i extend it? Is there any other document i can use right now or when appling PGWP after redoing courses in september. Please help me out with this.
Is the summer session a sheduled break?

aniketsaab

May 26, 2021
No, the college does not offer online courses for my program so i have to reenroll in next semester. I was thinking if i can do some another short term program just to cover up my gap.