+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gandpa with treat to her life - Refugee ( that a good option)

Lifeisagift

Nov 30, 2017
Aged Grandpa who’s life is at risk due to inheritance dispute. Other beneficiaries want him dead so they could share properties.

What’s the best path to take to make sure he is safe , he has been coming to Canada for so many years his las5 visit he was here for 2years + (didn’t over stay) however, he went back to Africa and was there for about 5 months and had serveral treats and attacks on his life. He just came back to Canada 1 day ago and are wondering what the best path to take to ensure he doesn’t need to go back to Africa.

All ideas are welcome, thanks in advance .

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The refugee stream isn't the right option. It will result in refusal and he'll eventually be forced to leave.

What's your status in Canada? If you are a PR or citizen, you meet LICO? If so, entering the next parent/grandparent sponsorship lottery is the best option.

H&C would be the only other option. However it's risky since refusal rates are low and if he's refused, he may have trouble returning in the future.

Reactions: visatest

Lifeisagift

Nov 30, 2017
The refugee stream isn't the right option. It will result in refusal and he'll eventually be forced to leave.

What's your status in Canada? If you are a PR or citizen, you meet LICO? If so, entering the next parent/grandparent sponsorship lottery is the best option.

H&C would be the only other option. However it's risky since refusal rates are low and if he's refused, he may have trouble returning in the future.
Thanks Scylla, I'm a Canadian Citizen however the parent visa (PR) steams has been tried over and over again and we get told that the cap has been reached for the past 5 years.

Just to check, why do feel the Refugee route is not the best option? His life is at risk and I can't afford for him to be killed if he returns back home.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks Scylla, I'm a Canadian Citizen however the parent visa (PR) steams has been tried over and over again and we get told that the cap has been reached for the past 5 years.

Just to check, why do feel the Refugee route is not the best option? His life is at risk and I can't afford for him to be killed if he returns back home.
He'll need to prove the threat with hard evidence and also demonstrate that relocating to another part of his country isn't an option.

I'm assuming he has reported this situation to the police in his home country. What was the outcome of this report? When did he file the report? Has he hired a lawyer to represent his interests in his home country?

What evidence does he have to demonstrate the threat?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Aged Grandpa who’s life is at risk due to inheritance dispute. Other beneficiaries want him dead so they could share properties.

What’s the best path to take to make sure he is safe , he has been coming to Canada for so many years his las5 visit he was here for 2years + (didn’t over stay) however, he went back to Africa and was there for about 5 months and had serveral treats and attacks on his life. He just came back to Canada 1 day ago and are wondering what the best path to take to ensure he doesn’t need to go back to Africa.

All ideas are welcome, thanks in advance .
Just curious to know:
As he has been staying as a long-term visitor in Canada (I assume he has a super visa), have these beneficiaries not attempted to gain possession of his properties through illegal means?

Who manages these properties in his absence whether it is for legal matters or else property maintenance?

Lifeisagift

Nov 30, 2017
Yes reports has
He'll need to prove the threat with hard evidence and also demonstrate that relocating to another part of his country isn't an option.

I'm assuming he has reported this situation to the police in his home country. What was the outcome of this report? When did he file the report? Has he hired a lawyer to represent his interests in his home country?

What evidence does he have to demonstrate the threat?
Yes Police Reports has been filed in home country. He tried to move to other location and was still found. His wife is dead and has no one.

Also, the issue is that there is a clause in the WILL that states when he dies properties will be shared by others hence why they want him death now.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes reports has

Yes Police Reports has been filed in home country. He tried to move to other location and was still found. His wife is dead and has no one.

Also, the issue is that there is a clause in the WILL that states when he dies properties will be shared by others hence why they want him death now.
Inheritance wills can always be changed any time

Lifeisagift

Nov 30, 2017
Just curious to know:
As he has been staying as a long-term visitor in Canada (I assume he has a super visa), have these beneficiaries not attempted to gain possession of his properties through illegal means?

Who manages these properties in his absence whether it is for legal matters or else property maintenance?
His visa has alway been extended ( Renewed). An agent manages the properties

Lifeisagift

Nov 30, 2017
Okay. Same difference.

He inherited the properties from his deceased spouse. This means those properties have been legally transferred to his name, right? He is free by Law to prepare a new will in favor of anyone else
The WILL states that when he dies the properties goes to his late Spouse other children , so the children want him dead NOW so they can takeover everything.