+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FYI: For old Applicants : Typical/Sample CIC Update Letter

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Below is a typical (sample) Letter for documents update from the CIC, which I found on another immigration forum. When they are ready to process your application you may get something like this. This may however differ from VISA office to VISA Office.
Hope this helps.

Dear Applicant,
This letter concerns your application for permanent residence in Canada, which we received in March
2007. We are now ready to begin processing your application and require additional information and
documents. Please provide the documents listed overleaf by August 17, 2009. Please indicate your
file number (the number beginning with B on the envelope this letter arrived in) when you send your
documents and whenever you write to us.
The information / documents we are requesting are needed to continue processing your application and
to satisfy an Immigration Officer that you meet the selection and admissibility requirements of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. If we do not receive the requested information
/ documents by August 17, 2009, a decision may be made without any further reminder, which may
result in the refusal of your application.
Please submit photocopies of documents unless otherwise indicated. Any documents which are not in
English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.
If you are no longer interested in immigrating to Canada and you wish to withdraw your application,
please advise us by August 17, 2009 stating your current mailing address, and we will refund your
application fee in full.
Yours sincerely,
High Commission of Canada
This page is to be placed on top of your documents with any covering letter and sent with your
response. Please organise your documents in the same order as this list.

*Write Your File Number Here: B___________________________

1. Updated application forms
Please send the following completed forms: IMM0008; IMM0008 Schedule 1; IMM5406; IMM5476;
and IMM0008 Schedule 3. These can be downloaded from the Citizenship and Immigration website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp. You must provide your true residential
address and phone number as requested in the IMM0008 form. We may need to contact you directly
to verify information in your application. Providing a representative's contact details as your residential
address and phone number would constitute misrepresentation.
2. Identity and civil status documents and photographs
Provide copies of all birth, adoption, marriage and divorce certificates for yourself and your dependents,
whether accompanying or not. If you are adding a new family member to your application, you must
also send the processing fee for them. You must also submit two recent photographs of yourself and
each of your dependents.
3. Educational qualifications
Provide copies of educational credentials and marks sheets/transcripts for you and your spouse.
4. Work experience documents
Provide employment letters, contracts, pay-slips and job descriptions endorsed by your employer=s
personnel department covering the period from 10 years prior to your application date until today.
5. Evidence of language ability
If you are claiming points for an official language which is not your first language, you are strongly
advised to submit IELTS (English) or TEF (French) test results. If you choose not to provide test results,
your language ability will be assessed on the basis of the information on file. That could mean your
application is refused for insufficient points.
6. Documents to prove that you have a relative in Canada
Provide the full name of your relative in Canada and explain how they are related to you (e.g. my
mother=s sister, my brother=s son). In addition, provide documents evidencing the following: proof of your
relationship to your relative, including birth and marriage certificates; proof that your relative is a citizen
or permanent resident of Canada, including a copy of their Canadian passport, citizenship or permanent
resident card; proof that your relative is physically present in Canada such as tenancy contract or property
ownership deeds, pay-slips issued to your relative by a Canadian employer in Canada, Canadian income
tax documents (recent Notice of Assessment), credit card and bank statements from the past six months
showing transactions that occurred in Canada.
7. Proof of sufficient settlement funds
You must have sufficient transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or any other
obligations. See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp to find out how much you
need to have. Clearly state the exact amount in Canadian dollars, taking into account any financial
obligations, and provide documentary evidence. Assets that are not liquid or transferable, such as cars
or jewellery, will not be considered.
8. Police clearance certificates
Submit police certificates for yourself and each of your dependents who are18 years old or over for each
country lived in for 6 months or more since reaching age 18. You must submit the original document
and a translation if the document is not in English or French.
9. Passports and travel documents
Submit copies of travel documents and passports for you and each of your dependents. If you live in
a country other than your country of nationality, include a copy of your residence permit.

reachmenow

May 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Family PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
07-JULY-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-06-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-June-2016
Med's Request
07-July-2016
Med's Done....
08-Aug-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-March-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-March-2017
LANDED..........
Sometime Before August 2017
thanks BobbyB, it was insightfull- it will be of great help to members.

Regards,

Zac

May 30, 2009
Hi,

Yep, good information for old applicants. But my question is:

Police clearance/s were being sent with the original application at the time of filing, have to send them again (in original)? All know that its not that easy to get pcc's.

Regards

Zac

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zac said:
Hi,

Yep, good information for old applicants. But my question is:

Police clearance/s were being sent with the original application at the time of filing, have to send them again (in original)? All know that its not that easy to get pcc's.

Regards

Zac

How long is my police clearance certificate valid?

Your police clearance certificate is valid for a period of one year from the date it was issued. If the validity has expired before your visa is issued you will be requested to provide an updated police certificate from the country you are currently living in. If you have already submitted police certificates from other countries where you have not recently lived you will not have to provide an update.

How do I obtain a police certificate?

Please see the following link for details on obtaining police certificates from all countries.

www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

I have lived in several different countries. Do I have to provide a police clearance certificate from each one?

You will need to provide police clearance certificates from each country you have lived in for a period of more then 6 months since the age of 18.

IT applicant

May 22, 2009
Just to add this that police certificates are considered valid only for 3 months(esp. by Buffalo office) by Immigration authorities..

cheers!

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IT applicant said:
Just to add this that police certificates are considered valid only for 3 months(esp. by Buffalo office) by Immigration authorities..

cheers!

Fine. What if I have one that I recently got from a country I left 20 years ago. So they will ask me to go and get a new one, they must be joking man!! A country that I have never visited nor been to ever since I left and that for 20 solid years. So, what do they expect to be new on it?

VM67

Jul 21, 2009
Hi BobbyB,
I'm glad I found this thread. I also received the same letter but aside from the rest that you mentioned that needs to be submitted they also requested that we include the Right of permanent resident fee. They only gave us 45days to furnish them with what they want :-( . Our application was sent last Oct 2006 here in Singapore and they informed us that time that "No processing will occur on our file for approximately 42-48mths."
We are going to be sending them the docs required by middle of August. By the way, may I know which immigration forum you found this sample letter?

Thanks,

tonnyinchina

Star Member
Mar 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
15th October 2010
BobbyB said:
Below is a typical (sample) Letter for documents update from the CIC, which I found on another immigration forum. When they are ready to process your application you may get something like this. This may however differ from VISA office to VISA Office.
Hope this helps.

Dear Applicant,
This letter concerns your application for permanent residence in Canada, which we received in March
2007. We are now ready to begin processing your application and require additional information and
documents. Please provide the documents listed overleaf by August 17, 2009. Please indicate your
file number (the number beginning with B on the envelope this letter arrived in) when you send your
documents and whenever you write to us.
The information / documents we are requesting are needed to continue processing your application and
to satisfy an Immigration Officer that you meet the selection and admissibility requirements of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. If we do not receive the requested information
/ documents by August 17, 2009, a decision may be made without any further reminder, which may
result in the refusal of your application.
Please submit photocopies of documents unless otherwise indicated. Any documents which are not in
English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.
If you are no longer interested in immigrating to Canada and you wish to withdraw your application,
please advise us by August 17, 2009 stating your current mailing address, and we will refund your
application fee in full.
Yours sincerely,
High Commission of Canada
This page is to be placed on top of your documents with any covering letter and sent with your
response. Please organise your documents in the same order as this list.

*Write Your File Number Here: B___________________________
For the IELTS ..do you have to provide a photocopy here at first..since it's silent on what form the document should be in?? See red above it says all doc be in copies unless expressly indicated..just wondering if i should provide my original or just a copy..By the way my requesting letter is similar to this one!!