+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Future wife sponsor visa

philmerritt

Mar 29, 2024
Good day,

so I am looking to get married in the Philippines and then bring my wife to Canada. She has to finish work first for a couple months in a different country. What is the best application process to go through to bring her to Canada. I have been reading that an Outland visa is better, then after that apply for a visitor visa? Which can be expedited, or I read about dual intent when it comes to Visas or they might be able to issue a TRV (temporary residency visa) while the spousal visa is being processed. I would love for her to come here to Canada while this visa is being processed just for financial reason. Me being able to continue working but also I not not opposed to moving to the Philippines for a while while this is all happening. Anyone have any experience or advice about what visas to apply for? Where she is now will take 114 days to apply for a visitors visa. But we are going to be getting married in the Philippines. Thank you!!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day,

so I am looking to get married in the Philippines and then bring my wife to Canada. She has to finish work first for a couple months in a different country. What is the best application process to go through to bring her to Canada. I have been reading that an Outland visa is better, then after that apply for a visitor visa? Which can be expedited, or I read about dual intent when it comes to Visas or they might be able to issue a TRV (temporary residency visa) while the spousal visa is being processed. I would love for her to come here to Canada while this visa is being processed just for financial reason. Me being able to continue working but also I not not opposed to moving to the Philippines for a while while this is all happening. Anyone have any experience or advice about what visas to apply for? Where she is now will take 114 days to apply for a visitors visa. But we are going to be getting married in the Philippines. Thank you!!
Post this in the Family Class forum.