+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Future move experience - best bank option?

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Why close your accounts? It's legal to keep money outside Canada.
It's more of an issue keeping loose ends in Dubai. Bank accounts can accrue fees, which if left unchecked, may lead to a criminal case being filed against the account holder, albeit that's in extreme cases. People can go to jail in UAE for money matters.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Currently in the similar situation and planning on making our entry to Canada next month and leave the UAE. Just contemplating how to move our funds from the bank here to there. We are making a hard landing, so will need to close our accounts in UAE before leaving.
You can close your accounts after you leave, at least that's what ENBD told me. You mail them an account closure form with a copy of your ID and exit stamp and they should close it. I haven't personally done it, so can't say if it actually works. Best thing is to speak to your bank.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Thanks bro, I just returned from Toronto and opened Scotia account with a card with good limit. Now, I can securely move my funds, that was a concern. How's the job market and your exp moving from dxb. Thanks
That's a very broad question lol. Depends on what you do for work, your experience, and where you plan to move, etc.

kathdd1

Jan 3, 2020
Currently in the similar situation and planning on making our entry to Canada next month and leave the UAE. Just contemplating how to move our funds from the bank here to there. We are making a hard landing, so will need to close our accounts in UAE before leaving.
Hi there! I am in the same boat as you. Can't decide on how to transfer our savings to Canadian bank safely and close out Dubai bank account before our hard landing. Let me know if you come up with a solution please.