+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Future application

Cdnshaz

May 15, 2008
I am a Cdn citizen living in the UK with my british husband and have been since we were married in 2002. Now I have read through the piles of websites to find out the process of me returning home with my husband in toe. Now why do I have to get a medical and police report for his over 18 son even tho he is not coming with us? Is it because he may in future years change his mind and come over, would they not at that time make him take another medical and police check? I think this is just a way for CIC to gouge more money out of people. People do change their minds and they need to recognize that.
Second it asks where we met, dates and have my friends and family met him..this seems a bit silly for a marriage out of the "honeymoon" stage, hardly a marriage of convenience and will be 7+ years when we apply
I did not sell my house when I left Canada and added my husbands name to the deed years ago, he is also on my Bank of Montreal acct and we have joint cdn credit cards. We go home numerous times a year as well. My adult son and beautiful grand daughter are there as well.
Also one other thing, it wants to know his job and work history, then a few questions down it asks about government job ie military, police etc. He has worked as police officer for near 30yrs, it is necessary to fill in both questions as it is obviously asking about goverment jobs and clearly that is his work history.

Sorry for the verbal diarrhea, any answers would be appreciated.
Thanks
Shaz

Frustrated Canadian

Oct 30, 2007
Now let me forewarn you I do not know all the answers but I've been dealing with all this Immigration Business for about two years.

The forms do seem redundant for sure. I think the best policy is to fill everything in they ask for even if you seem to be repeating yourself.

About the medicals - It's absolutely ridiculous. I've had to have my step daughter get a medical done twice now . . . definetly a cash cow. But if it sayd its required they will send your "incomplete" file back to you and that will delay processing...

Don't even get us all started on the absurdity of most of the process...

Good Luck.