+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Further medical information required from cic.

Alien_walkingalone

Jul 9, 2015
Hi all , I have received this message from cic , regarding my mom’s medical situation ‘ follow up report from her onchologist is required. Please forward a report assessing present clinical status, treatment prognosis, 5 year servival rate, likelihood of recurrence and details of any further treatment required ( adjuvant chemotherapy/hormonal therapy). The thing is I already submitted a letter from her oncologist describing everything along with all medical reports . ( only didn’t mention the survival rate )The panel physician told me she has no clue why they want to get those reports again. How to explain them this time ? The panel doctor told me call them and explain but I don’t have their direct number. So any suggestions?any suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks for helping my mom .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all , I have received this message from cic , regarding my mom’s medical situation ‘ follow up report from her onchologist is required. Please forward a report assessing present clinical status, treatment prognosis, 5 year servival rate, likelihood of recurrence and details of any further treatment required ( adjuvant chemotherapy/hormonal therapy). The thing is I already submitted a letter from her oncologist describing everything along with all medical reports . ( only didn’t mention the survival rate )The panel physician told me she has no clue why they want to get those reports again. How to explain them this time ? The panel doctor told me call them and explain but I don’t have their direct number. So any suggestions?any suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks for helping my mom .
There is no one you can call to explain. I would recommend that you obtain an updated report from the oncologist reflecting today's date and submit that information. The letter asks for her "present" medical information. If the medical information you submitted is several months old now, then it seems clear that IRCC is looking for an update on her situation.

Alien_walkingalone

Jul 9, 2015
thank you so much Scylla, the last updated report was prepared on 30 January,2019 . But I will try to get another one. Mom didn’t go through any new tests recently .all she needs just follow up in every six months and tamoxifen for 5 years. Her yearly cost of medication is 1080$ + two follow ups 650= 1730$ , unless something new arrives ( hope not ) but she had medical insurance.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Given this is an H&C case not a normal medical inadmissibility situation things like prognosis and access to care likely will factor into the decision. If prognosis and likelihood of recurrence wasn't included in your previous letter you should probably get a new letter.