+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Further documents required - HELP!

degvire

Dec 30, 2013
Today I received a message from CIC saying that I needed to complete the form of Family Information and send proof of my residence in Honduras and in the United States because "it appears that I live there"
Here's the thing: I don't live in the United States, my mailing address is in the US because mailing services here are extremely unreliable. I have never lived in the united states and the maximum amount of time ive ever been there has been of 2 months and 3 weeks.
I attached my honduran passport to my letter of explanation to show that I'm a resident of Honduras (I don't have a license) and I explained the situation with my address in the United States
I also filled the completed Family Information.
When do you guys think I'll get an answer?
I applied online.

EDITED: i don't have a husband, children and I'm an only child. I don't plan to bring anyone with me to Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
degvire said:
Today I received a message from CIC saying that I needed to complete the form of Family Information and send proof of my residence in Honduras and in the United States because "it appears that I live there"
Here's the thing: I don't live in the United States, my mailing address is in the US because mailing services here are extremely unreliable. I have never lived in the united states and the maximum amount of time ive ever been there has been of 2 months and 3 weeks.
I attached my honduran passport to my letter of explanation to show that I'm a resident of Honduras (I don't have a license) and I explained the situation with my address in the United States
I also filled the completed Family Information.
When do you guys think I'll get an answer?
I applied online.

EDITED: i don't have a husband, children and I'm an only child. I don't plan to bring anyone with me to Canada.
The only thing you can do is submit what they've requested. Include definitive proof showing that you currently reside in Honduras. A copy of your passport attached to a letter that you've written doesn't show at all that you are actually residing in Honduras, so I'm not surprised the VO is asking you for proof. Include another letter explaining about the mailing address.

degvire

Dec 30, 2013
canuck_in_uk said:
The only thing you can do is submit what they've requested. Include definitive proof showing that you currently reside in Honduras. A copy of your passport attached to a letter that you've written doesn't show at all that you are actually residing in Honduras, so I'm not surprised the VO is asking you for proof. Include another letter explaining about the mailing address.
I have a dual citizenship. At first, I submitted only my italian passport. I'm currently in a leap year and I've been traveling, I used to live in Argentina but my residency expired in July, so I'm staying here in Honduras because I'm a citizen here and my family lives here. I don't have a license or a national identity document other than my passport because I have lived in other countries my entire life. In my italian passport there's a stamp that shows that I got here November 16, 2013 and that I was here from July to August. So clearly I don't have anything else to show them because I don't go to school here, drive here or work here.
PS: I'm only 18, so this was the first year I had to get a license and since I graduate this year I didn't really plan to work or anything.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
degvire said:
I have a dual citizenship. At first, I submitted only my italian passport. I'm currently in a leap year and I've been traveling, I used to live in Argentina but my residency expired in July, so I'm staying here in Honduras because I'm a citizen here and my family lives here. I don't have a license or a national identity document other than my passport because I have lived in other countries my entire life. In my italian passport there's a stamp that shows that I got here November 16, 2013 and that I was here from July to August. So clearly I don't have anything else to show them because I don't go to school here, drive here or work here.
PS: I'm only 18, so this was the first year I had to get a license and since I graduate this year I didn't really plan to work or anything.
That does make it a bit more difficult. Did you include a copy of the Honduran entry stamp in your Italian passport? Have you received any mail at your current Honduran address? Are there any records of recent medical treatment there? Can you get notarized letters from family/doctor/priest etc. confirming you are currently residing in Honduras? Basically, try to find anything you can use to prove you are in Honduras right now.

degvire

Dec 30, 2013
canuck_in_uk said:
That does make it a bit more difficult. Did you include a copy of the Honduran entry stamp in your Italian passport? Have you received any mail at your current Honduran address? Are there any records of recent medical treatment there? Can you get notarized letters from family/doctor/priest etc. confirming you are currently residing in Honduras? Basically, try to find anything you can use to prove you are in Honduras right now.
Yes! My medical exams for the canada visa were done here from a doctor here! I sent that along with my application and it says that I passed my exams so they must have seen that (I got the exams like 2 weeks ago), I also had attached all of my passport pages with stamps on it, but along with the Letter of Explanation I resent the page where they stamped my passport when I entered Honduras