+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Further clarification required on NOC 0213 – computer and information system man

cut

Jan 19, 2009
botswana
Category........
Visa Office......
PRETORIA, SOUTH AFRICA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2009
Doc's Request.
26-10-2009
AOR Received.
26-10-2009
File Transfer...
19-02-2010
Med's Request
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
I want to apply under FSW-0213. Currently I am a director of IT department in a trading company and performed more than the duties of information system manager. My qualification is MBA with specialization in management information system.

In new ministerial list only 0213 is related to the computers. The definition of 0213 says

“Computer and information systems managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of organizations that analyze, design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors”

Now if we brake down it

(Duties of manager )
Computer and information systems managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of organizations
(Functions of organizations)
That analyze, design, develop, implement, operate and administer
(Specialized in)
computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems.
(Fields of manager)
They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.

This seems that, an information system manager who performed the above duties only in the organization dealing with information system. Not a system manager performing the same duties in other organization, like information system manger in trading company or hospital etc.

Even the main duties says
Main duties
Computer and information systems managers perform some or all of the following duties:
1.Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of -- information systems and electronic data processing (EDP) departments and companies
2.Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems operations and development
3.Meet with clients to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
4.Assemble and manage teams of information systems personnel to design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems
5.Control the budget and expenditures of the department, company or project
6.Recruit and supervise computer analysts, engineers, programmers, technicians and other personnel and oversee their professional development and training.

Duties no1 and no3 also reflect towards the specifications of organization. Specially point no3, which says “to meet the clients for their system requirement” It can only be happen in an IT company.

Could you please help me.

PMIZZI

Jan 27, 2009
Remember that it says some. You are correct and that most IT professional customers are internal.You will be fine by applying and your credentials should be OK. Now in North America the economy is tough. There are a lot of IT folks coming on the market. I suggest that you seek an empoloyer that is interested then work with them on your application. For they are are goining to have top demonstrate to the government that they they have been unable to solicit local qualified candidates for their position.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Yes,better not apply since Canada might make you work in a blue collar job and exploit you,But if you change your mind and decide Canada is not that bad,I am ready to help.

cut

Jan 19, 2009
botswana
Category........
Visa Office......
PRETORIA, SOUTH AFRICA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2009
Doc's Request.
26-10-2009
AOR Received.
26-10-2009
File Transfer...
19-02-2010
Med's Request
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
rupeshhari said:
On another posting, you sounded quite negative about Canada, I am wondering why you still want to move to Canada despite your negative review. You are a Pakistani currently live in Botswana. Living in Botswana has so much advantage, especially for your Children's education (that even Canada cannot provide). So I am wondering why are you applying for Canada still if you think Canada sucks. I am quite interested in knowing your answer. Thanks.

hi rupeshhari!!! that was not my view it was quoted from notcanada.com. now in botswana future is not secure untill your get citizenship which is not so easy. but if you are resident not citizen than you can't enjoy the rights like eduction, business and main thing is health facilities. (my daughter was born with hearth problem we failed to get a treament at right time than she left us) new president "mr. khama" starts walking on the footprints of zimbabwe president mugabe. they are refusing to renew the permits and lot of people were deported by force. hope you understand my situation.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Ok,I sympathize for your daughters case,Because my own daughter was born with a heart condition and When she was born,She had to spend long time in the ICU,Basically We ran up at a bill that cost about 40,000$,But BECAUSE she was born in Canada and was Canadian,All of it cost us 27$,If she had been born in her mothers native Philippines,It would have cost us a minimum 15,000-20,000$ dollars and possibility of survival would have been half.Now you know why one reason I am passionately grateful to Canada.For all its faults,Canada has been good for my family.

I was assigned yesterday to assist a Chinese Goverment Minister renew his PR card,While with him in the cIC office,I asked Why He was becoming a Canadian PR,His Wife and Daughter recently became Canadian Citizens.He told me He retires in 2 years and He wants to live in a place where He can breath the air,not worry about fake medicines and be at peace and this is from a man who is driven around in a chauffered limousine,has lots of bodyguards and is worth several millions of dollars.

On another note,Your application to the 38 FSW is possibile by tweaking your application,The FSW program cares more about actual job description then title.By careful adjustment to what you do,You can qualify to come to Canada.Cheers

P.S The Minister still had to wait in a line behind a Punjabi Taxi Driver,Chinese Waiter and Filipina Nanny,Even if you are a Minister of Goverment,They ARE STILL HIS EQUALS in the eyes of the Canadian Goverment,NO SPECIAL TREATMENT EVEN IF HE IS ASSISTED BY GOVERMENT STAFF

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
PMIZZI said:
Remember that it says some. You are correct and that most IT professional customers are internal.You will be fine by applying and your credentials should be OK. Now in North America the economy is tough. There are a lot of IT folks coming on the market. I suggest that you seek an empoloyer that is interested then work with them on your application. For they are are goining to have top demonstrate to the government that they they have been unable to solicit local qualified candidates for their position.
He DOESNT NEED a employer under the FSW 38,He can apply and be processed in a year and see for himself How Canada REALLY is

RPM

Star Member
Oct 2, 2008
Cut, sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope your immigration comes through.
Your earlier posting was not very clear, it really sounded like you resent Canada.

cut

Jan 19, 2009
botswana
Category........
Visa Office......
PRETORIA, SOUTH AFRICA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2009
Doc's Request.
26-10-2009
AOR Received.
26-10-2009
File Transfer...
19-02-2010
Med's Request
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
thanks all of you. i will definatly apply under 0213 with my current position. but i m waiting for the one, who is coming from heaven to join our family --- expectedly on 3 feb. asking for your prayers. thanks again

qasimabad

Nov 13, 2008
Dear All,
I am apply Canadian Immigration in the month of October-2008, So kindly help me I ahve received File No. November-08, My NOC No is 2171 (I am working on SAP R/3 PP & MM Analyst in multinational company in pakistan) my responsibilities total base on management. But I am very tense due to cancel my PR Form.
my application consider for 0231 , plz tell me about the CHC Islamabad Pakistan for 0231 NOC.
I am working last five years in Pharmaceutical company.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
qasimabad said:
Dear All,
I am apply Canadian Immigration in the month of October-2008, So kindly help me I ahve received File No. November-08, My NOC No is 2171 (I am working on SAP R/3 PP & MM Analyst in multinational company in pakistan) my responsibilities total base on management. But I am very tense due to cancel my PR Form.
my application consider for 0231 , plz tell me about the CHC Islamabad Pakistan for 0231 NOC.
I am working last five years in Pharmaceutical company.
For starters CHC Pakistan is the WRONG PLACE to apply for FSW 38,You apply directly to Sydney N.S,Surely you want to be finished in a year,So why are you wasting your time with CHC

KanedaImmi

Jun 1, 2010
I work at client site as BI Manager but my employer is one who hold my H1b Visa.

Can anyone tell me what documents do I need to submit to the Canada Immigration dept that I am eligible to apply under the category '0213 - Computer and Information Systems Managers'?

My employer (h1b holder) is ready to give me the supporting letter saying that I work as BI Manager at client site along with the Role and responsibilities? Does this enough?

spprivate

Star Member
Feb 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/05/2010
Doc's Request.
05/06/2010
AOR Received.
12/09/2010
As long as the employer is ready to give the letter according to the job duties mentioned (not exactly but similar) you are good