+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Funds

dansousa

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Hi All,

Could anyone explain how the available funds is verified?
I'm asking if, for example, when the application is submitted, the applicant has $50k available for him. Then because the process will take a while to be finished, something might have happened in the middle and let's say a relative of the applicant had some health issues. By the time the application is processed the applicant can only prove $20k.
How is that verified?
Will the immigration request another bank/funds statement from the applicant of do they have any other way to find a person financial status on a specific point in time?
My friend is waiting for his process but his mom has some health issues that is chewing his money.

Thanks

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
dansousa said:
Hi All,

Could anyone explain how the available funds is verified?
I'm asking if, for example, when the application is submitted, the applicant has $50k available for him. Then because the process will take a while to be finished, something might have happened in the middle and let's say a relative of the applicant had some health issues. By the time the application is processed the applicant can only prove $20k.
How is that verified?
Will the immigration request another bank/funds statement from the applicant of do they have any other way to find a person financial status on a specific point in time?
My friend is waiting for his process but his mom has some health issues that is chewing his money.

Thanks
If your initial POF was adequate there is likely hood that you will not receive a request for updated POF, But if they doubt your source of fund they might request for updated POF, just ensure that you have the adequate fund for your family at all time during the process