+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Funds

C

cchabert

Also the funds, if you need to proof them are in Canadian Dollars means for example for a family or four they ask for $20,130 but in American Dollars are $16,297 at today rate.

I can be wrong on the next please let me know:

Your can send your bank statement with $16,297 US Dollars as a proof of funds?

AlexAndi

Jan 28, 2009
Since the topic is on fund requirements... would you have an idea if immigation really checks the amount you will be bringing in is the amount they are requiring? In our case, 2 adults, 2 kids, based on website, we should be bringing in about CAD$19,700 (estimate?). What if funds brought in did not reach these figures and immigration in Canada checks, what happens?

I hope you can share in... thanks.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AlexAndi said:
Since the topic is on fund requirements... would you have an idea if immigation really checks the amount you will be bringing in is the amount they are requiring? In our case, 2 adults, 2 kids, based on website, we should be bringing in about CAD$19,700 (estimate?). What if funds brought in did not reach these figures and immigration in Canada checks, what happens?

I hope you can share in... thanks.
Sorry! don't know the answer to your question, but you are looking at the wrong amount. A family of 4 needs CA$20,130 minimum according to this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cchabert said:
Also the funds, if you need to proof them are in Canadian Dollars means for example for a family or four they ask for $20,130 but in American Dollars are $16,297 at today rate.

I am not an expert, but I would think that it should be ok. It would help if you asked your bank to write the amount in Canadian dollar as well. If they did not do that, you can visit this site: http://www.bankofcanada.ca/en/rates/converter.html and convert your US dollar to Canadian dollar and print the page and attached with your US dollar statement/letter. Make sure the your US bank statement date and conversion date are the same. Good luck.

C

cchabert

nix1 said:
cchabert said:

I am not an expert, but I would think that it should be ok. It would help if you asked your bank to write the amount in Canadian dollar as well. If they did not do that, you can visit this site: http://www.bankofcanada.ca/en/rates/converter.html and convert your US dollar to Canadian dollar and print the page and attached with your US dollar statement/letter. Make sure the your US bank statement date and conversion date are the same. Good luck.
Thank you Nix1 make sense :)

monteiromarcosb

Star Member
Feb 12, 2009
Albertagovernor is right!

You shouldn't confuse the AINP program with the Skilled Worker one. The AINP doesn't state anywhere that we have to have funds to apply (1. H1B; 2. 1 full year under H1B; 3. NOC) NO JOB OFFER REQUIRED! If you qualify on those 3 items you should be good to go. I confess that I found strange they asked for that specific form that asks for your funds. I put the amount because I didn't know what else to put. But an N/A makes perfect sense.

Flori

Star Member
Sep 18, 2008
monteiromarcosb said:

You shouldn't confuse the AINP program with the Skilled Worker one. The AINP doesn't state anywhere that we have to have funds to apply (1. H1B; 2. 1 full year under H1B; 3. NOC) NO JOB OFFER REQUIRED! If you qualify on those 3 items you should be good to go. I confess that I found strange they asked for that specific form that asks for your funds. I put the amount because I didn't know what else to put. But an N/A makes perfect sense.
I'm pretty sure even though you are applying through AINP you still need proof of funds when applying to the CIC, you don't need it for getting the Nomination, but you do need it for the PR. You should be able to maintain yourself while you are settling and getting a job.

A

Albertagoverner

Flori said:
monteiromarcosb said:

I'm pretty sure even though you are applying through AINP you still need proof of funds when applying to the CIC, you don't need it for getting the Nomination, but you do need it for the PR. You should be able to maintain yourself while you are settling and getting a job.
Flori:
Funds requirement is like "non-mandatory but good to have" type requirement. If you can show the funds it is good but if you write --NA--Your case will be evaluated with equal priority and application will not be returned or denied just because you didn't show the funds. AINP office ask you to fill all CIC forms while you apply for PNP just because they want you to send the same original forms to CIC Buffalo NY. And they recemonded to put --NA-- in Amount section because it is under Strategic Recruitment stream. They need you to live and work in Alberta. You will get 0 points just because you have 10,600 CAD in your bank Account since it is NOT a factor for evaluation. AINP SRS is skill, need and US Visa holder Category based program and aims to work in this way regardless of money

Flori

Star Member
Sep 18, 2008
I belive AINP doesn't ask you the funds, because they don't need you to have money to be NOMINATED, but when it goes to CIC, I'd be pretty sure they will ask you to have the funds to obtain the permanent residency so that way you can maintain yourself economically while you get there. Or else, how are you gonna absorbe the relocation expenses, and what if you can't get a job for a couple of months when you get there? It makes total sense to me they ask you for them. Of course this all changes if you have a job offer. Anyway, that's what I understood for what I've read online and what my lawyer told me too. But of course, I could be wrong.

akk

Sep 2, 2008
you are right. no proof of funds for nomination...yes proof of funds for cic

Akk

Flori said:
I belive AINP doesn't ask you the funds, because they don't need you to have money to be NOMINATED, but when it goes to CIC, I'd be pretty sure they will ask you to have the funds to obtain the permanent residency so that way you can maintain yourself economically while you get there. Or else, how are you gonna absorbe the relocation expenses, and what if you can't get a job for a couple of months when you get there? It makes total sense to me they ask you for them. Of course this all changes if you have a job offer. Anyway, that's what I understood for what I've read online and what my lawyer told me too. But of course, I could be wrong.