+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Funds to bring to Canada - Change after ITA?

Freestyler

Aug 17, 2015
Hi,
I am a single applicant who has received an ITA. In my Express Entry profile, I had specified that the funds that I would bring to Canada was 31,500 CAD, which was the highest tier in the options. However, in the past month, a couple of unforeseen heavy expenditures came my way. I was filling out my application yesterday and when this question came up again, I changed the funds I would bring to 29,000 CAD. I haven't submitted the application yet though and was wondering if this is a mistake and would be held against me by CIC. Should I change it back to 31500 since that was what in the original EE profile or is it okay to change it to 29000 since that amount is more than enough for a single applicant?

chantal111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
Freestyler said:
Hi,
I am a single applicant who has received an ITA. In my Express Entry profile, I had specified that the funds that I would bring to Canada was 31,500 CAD, which was the highest tier in the options. However, in the past month, a couple of unforeseen heavy expenditures came my way. I was filling out my application yesterday and when this question came up again, I changed the funds I would bring to 29,000 CAD. I haven't submitted the application yet though and was wondering if this is a mistake and would be held against me by CIC. Should I change it back to 31500 since that was what in the original EE profile or is it okay to change it to 29000 since that amount is more than enough for a single applicant?
For sure u can change it. Keep it more than the min amount required for a single.

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Freestyler said:
Hi,
Its ok to change the amount, provided the altered amount is also above the minimum fund threshold as specified by CIC; once you submit the application, CIC only works on your submitted application and doesn't correlate with your initial EE profile entered data :)

Freestyler

Aug 17, 2015
Thanks, chantal111 and feejay87

Can I change it substantially too? Maybe to 23000 CAD?

Also, on the Document Checklist page, it says Police Certificates (Multiple). I have lived in only in one country for the last 10 years but resided in 3 different cities. Do I need PCC's from all the cities or just one from where I currently reside will suffice?

chantal111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
Freestyler said:
Thanks, chantal111 and feejay87

Can I change it substantially too? Maybe to 23000 CAD?

Also, on the Document Checklist page, it says Police Certificates (Multiple). I have lived in only in one country for the last 10 years but resided in 3 different cities. Do I need PCC's from all the cities or just one from where I currently reside will suffice?
For ur first question, if u r single if u even put 13000 not 23000 that will be ok..