+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Funds Required At The Time of Landing at Alberta Under AINP (H1B category)

ainp2

Mar 1, 2012
Dear All:
I am done with the PR stamping under AINP H1B visa categoty and planning to land in Calgary, Alberta in third week of march 2012.
I come up with following questions, please share your experiences:

1) Presently, I am in India and planning to move to Calgary permanently. I am family of three i.e. Me, Spouse and 1 year daughter.
I am planning to come alone initially and my family will join me in 2-3 months. So I am curious, how much funds in C$ I need to show at
the time of landing?
2) I have some money in US bank, can I show that money also ?

Your experience will definitely help me.

Thanks

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
ainp2 said:
Dear All:
I am done with the PR stamping under AINP H1B visa categoty and planning to land in Calgary, Alberta in third week of march 2012.
I come up with following questions, please share your experiences:

1) Presently, I am in India and planning to move to Calgary permanently. I am family of three i.e. Me, Spouse and 1 year daughter.
I am planning to come alone initially and my family will join me in 2-3 months. So I am curious, how much funds in C$ I need to show at
the time of landing?
2) I have some money in US bank, can I show that money also ?

Your experience will definitely help me.

Thanks
1. you need to bring as much as you can with you. you can search AINP website and they mentioned minimum living costs there as your reference. US $ is acceptable to show your funds upon requested. Also other notes, stocks, etc. all counts.

2. would you pls share your time line for your application? i.e., the time submitting to Buffalo, time for medical request, time for passport request, and time for visa stamp? thanks.

ainp2

Mar 1, 2012
Hi BKD1969:
I applied to ANIP when I was in US in Feb 2009. I am in India since last year and my Medical was done in July 2011.
After that they asked me FBI clearance again in Oct 2011. It took little longer as I was in India for medicals.

* I am curious, is there any direct AINP number where I directly call and ask some of my queries ?

bs1

Mar 12, 2012
I am in the same position, and I am in the US at this time (with my wife and two children). I got my visa stamped in Detroit last month. I understand there is no minimum requirement of fund (for AINP/Visa category) landing requirements in Canada. When are you planning to land, did you fix address/accommodation there? I have time until November 2012 to complete the landing process, but I want to get it done at the earliest. Any idea about how to search job before landing.