+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Funds related query

harkaran333

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Hello friends i had funds related questions which most of you have as well, i hope someone can guide us

1) If i have a term job in Canada for more than 1 year, do i still need to show funds in my bank(approx 11k) ?

2)The money has to be in Canadian account only? or it can be in the form of cash in another country( home country)?

3)lets say i have 20k in India, 20k in Canada but i have a car loan of 20k in Canada. Will that be a concern?

4)if the answer to question is no, then does it change if i have a spouse accompanying me? Do i need to prove 11k for her then?

Thanks in advance, please help :)

harkaran333

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
i just saw this that:
You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.

So this means as iam already in canada with a work permit, even i lose my job i will still be ok and i dont need to show my bank account with that money?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you're elegible to apply via CEC you do not need to meet the minimum funds required.

Regarding having a valid job offer. Do you have LMIA or a employer specific work permit (for whom you've worked for a full year)? If not you do not have a valid job offer.

harkaran333

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
hello sir iam not sure what CEC means. i came here originally as a student and then i got a co op job. i applied a post graeuate work permit and that co op company hired me for 1 year job but they will offcourse continue with me once i complete this 1 year. I have an offer letter for 1 year already but for the next year ill get a new one.

the company i work in is a government company so please guide me. Once i complete 1 year should i ask for LMIA ? Even if i get another years term offer is it not considered as valid job offer ?

lets say its not valid but technjcally i do have a job so when i apply for express entry worst will be that ill lose the points right ?

im masters in electronics and the job i do is IT support desk analyst which i think is NOC A bit im not sure what NOC 00 means?

please help and thanks again !